Economics, Business, Money, Finance : I downloaded the Robinhood app

I downloaded the Robinhood app

Anyone have any stock tips? I just bought some Boeing 👀

Re: I downloaded the Robinhood app

So immediately after the stock market crashed, I bought several different stocks.

Disney,
Roku,
Pinterest
Boeing
Adobe
Intel
MGM
Microsoft
plus several different index funds

The best performer was Roku with 236% growth, starting at $66/share and currently valued at $158/share. It more than doubled from my initial investment in less than 6 months.

So far overall, I have a 65% return cumulative total which translates into a $6,000 gain.

Good luck, there's still plenty of money to be made.

Ask Gameboy how old he is lulz

Wow, AJ. That’s hella impressive. I remember you talking about it in May/Junish I think. I regret not jumping immediately in, but like you said, there’s still some opportunity. Thanks for sharing!!

No problem.

I'm not familiar with the Robinhood app but I used the TD Ameritrade app to do all my research and investing. It's all about recognizing trends. Always pay attention to those graphs that show the stocks' past performance over the last several years. It will give you a better idea of how the stock will likely perform in the future. Happy investing!

Thanks, I’ll check it out and compare. Lots of studying to do this weekend lol

Do you invest in any dividend stocks?

I don't specifically seek out dividend stocks although I'm certain some of the ones I own are that type. I try to look at the previous performance to get an idea of how it might perform over the long term. Solid, well known companies are a better choice to go over riskier ones, depending on what you're trying to achieve.

I'd suggest starting with index funds which are composed of stock of many different companies. The good thing about index funds is that they tend to mirror the market so if the whole market is going up, it will be reflected in the index fund and vice versa. Then as you start to see how it performs, do a little research on some of the individual stocks within the fund. This may give you an idea of ones you might like to buy more of, separate from the fund. Vanguard or Fidelity offer many of these type.

But stick with recognizable, established companies. If you look at my list, they are all fairly well known and successful companies. I also have some Tesla stock which is going through the roof right now but sold my Apple shares, which was not a good move. There is always risk involved which is why doing your research is really key and also realize you're playing a long game over years, not a quick scheme money maker.

I’m convinced, def gonna invest in a lot of the companies you listed and look into more index funds. The goal is diversification, and I feel like you established that pretty well. Thanks again boo ❤️

You're welcome.

Just know that I can't guarantee you'll have the same level of growth. I purchased at a very specific time under very extraordinary circumstances. Still I'm glad that I hopefully helped put some money in your pocket.

Are you anticipating a Boeing bailout?

Either that or a gradual increase to their original stock price pre-Covid. I’m in it for the long haul (at least 3 years)

Getting to their original stock price pre-covid could take a while. I imagine it will be some time before people are willing to travel regularly again.

I don’t doubt it at all lol

The dark pools say Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel.

30 seconds after the Challenger blew up he's on the phone selling NASA stock short. Mr. Nice Guy!

You have a robin hood account? Close it out NOW! Their clients information has been hacked has been sold.

30 seconds after the Challenger blew up he's on the phone selling NASA stock short. Mr. Nice Guy!

While I haven't seen anything regarding hacked accounts, I found this article to be very interesting:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/08/technology/robinhood-risky-trading.html

What!? I didn’t get any email from them about a hack, where’d you find this info?

Thankfully I only bought one stock so far (the other one was free) lol

It was mentioned on CNBC yesterday but in my trading room we've known about this for a week.

Ughhh.. the search continues

Work with a broker or investment firm. I wouldn't consider that App. It’s more important than ever to focus on long-term investing, such as CDs.

Ask yourself this: Can you withstand a higher level of risk to get a higher return? It’s key to know your risk tolerance and whether you’ll panic when your investments fall. At all costs you want to avoid selling an investment when it’s down, if it still has the potential to rise. It can be demoralizing to sell an investment, only to watch it continue to rise even higher.

You might also want to look at ETFs (Exchange Traded Fund.) Bond ETF are probably the way to go. But I don't know your risk return. If that's not the case, you can gamble on the Sector ETFs.

"That's a dumb question, Miss Glenn’s Organ."

I would rather work with an investment firm but I don’t even know where to start lol

What’s the down side of using an app? The company might not exist anymore?

Not knowing your situation. Check with your insurance agent, first. See who they recommend. You may want to reach out to Liberty Mutual. Have you done a self assessment? Stat with a balance sheet. There are, personal, onlinte tools you can use and most of them are free. Make sure you can balance it, before investing on your own or with a firm. Most agents, will do this, but there's fees involved. They will began to asses recommendations based off that information. It would be the more practical way to go. But you know what you have to work with, better than me.

"That's a dumb question, Miss Glenn’s Organ."