Horror : anyone goin to hav horror movie marathons/watch a lot horror movies for Hallowee

anyone goin to hav horror movie marathons/watch a lot horror movies for Hallowee

n?

lukejbarnett

Re: anyone goin to hav horror movie marathons/watch a lot horror movies for Hall

I started already. Ive been watching The Third Day. Raised by Wolves. Last night I started watching The Brood. I havent finished watching it yet. So far, it is very creepy especially that experiemntal psychotherapy the doctor does on his patients. The plot is built upon child abuse and child custody. Avoid it if you are a sensitive poster.

Re: anyone goin to hav horror movie marathons/watch a lot horror movies for Hall

the brood, yes! i just thought about this movie today. i finally watched it a few years ago after having wanted to watch it since i was like 12 years old. it's such an amazing film. it is film at it's best. everything excels at the highest level of quality in this film.

it's a very effective, chilling, and compelling film. david cronenberg at his best. it's a masterpiece. keep watching it, you'll be happy when you get done watching it. it was not anywhere near as disturbing as i thought it would be. evil children movies are disturbing movies.

i just watched cronenberg's dead ringers tonight. talk about a bizarre movie. it somehow works even though the plot is really out there, it still makes sense and is believable.

i think that's his greatest achievement in film is making weird sci-fi films that feel real and scientific.

lukejbarnett

I did finally finish watching the movie. It was extremely disturbing, and a lot to figure out. For instance, Nola. Wtf was she? Was she human initially and then became a monster after the experimemtal treatment.

I felt for her family. Not the doctor. Poor Candice though. She will never be the same obviously. There arent many child actors that could have pulled off the same performance either.

I was reading some of the archived post from that board. Apparently Cronenberg uses symbolism and metaphors through the story and plot.

I did see Dead Ringers a few months ago and it wasnt my cup of tea at all. I didnt see the point of it. It was strictly visceral horror story. I wasnt neccessarily disturbed by it, I just didnt know what to think.

wait, dead ringers is a masterpiece. i was very bored by it the first time i watched it. but it's a feel movie. it's a very slow moving but very cinematic and powerful. it has great sci fi story ideas. but i don't know what you mean by visceral horror story?

lukejbarnett

Fuck yeah I am.

Gonna’ get into the fun B grade stuff like the Hatchet series.

Recently watched all the Nightmare and Friday 13th movies so gonna’ give those ones a miss this month.

oh sad. you can't beat the nightmare and friday films. although freddy's dead and jason takes manhattan are pretty bad, but not completely bad movies. they are good movies but not at the same level as the best films in these series.

now i read the hatchet movies are kind of like horror/comedy, kind of parody, satire, horror movies. is hatchet kind of like dale and tucker versus evil or cabin in the woods?

how will you watch the hatchet series? online for free?

lukejbarnett

If you like the Friday 13th series you’ll get an excellent kick out of the Hatchet series.

It’s not as silly as Dale and Tucker - they have just the right amount of cheese to be a fun modern callback, with entertaining characters and buckets of gore

Try the first one, if you like it then watch the other 3 - they’re arguably better than the first.

They also have the girl from Halloween 4 and 5 (I think she replaces the lead from Hatchet 2 onwards, can’t remember).

Watch them!!!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I'm watching nothing but horror movies throughout October. I recently saw the vampire film Kiss of the Damned, which was extremely sexy and stylish.

You've seen Guy Standeven in something since the man was in everything.

No I’m a Christian so I’ll be praying against it all

Jesus Christ is Lord ✝️

well it is the devil's holiday you know? it's the most wicked, evil, sinful day of the year. it's when all the evil spirits come out. they dress up as evil characters when people tick or treat or go to parties. so, in essence as far as the spirit of it, it's celebrating evilness.

lukejbarnett

I do this sort of thing the entire month of October. There is so much to choose!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

At the moment I'm watching The Frighteners.

I watch horror all the time, so no big deal for me, but I'll pick a couple of my faves to watch on Halloween.