Horror : Videodrome (1983)

Videodrome (1983)

A real mind trip of a movie.
#dialog

Re: Videodrome (1983)

DescriptionAs the president of a trashy TV channel, Max Renn (James Woods) is desperate for new programming to attract viewers. When he happens upon "Videodrome," a TV show dedicated to gratuitous torture and punishment, Max sees a potential hit and broadcasts the show on his channel. However, after his girlfriend (Deborah Harry) auditions for the show and never returns, Max investigates the truth behind Videodrome and discovers that the graphic violence may not be as fake as he thought.

One of my favorite films from my hands down favorite director.

It's been years since I've seen this. Of course it was a rare chance to see Debbie Harry in film.

But I do remember one scene of the movie featured a tv video screen as a giant auto suck. Lol.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Have you ever read the plot synopsis for the “Naked Lunch” on IMDb? 😂 Here is a brief part of it lol. “Bill passes out in an alley and is helped by Kiki, who takes the broken Martinelli to a forge where a new mugwump-head typewriter is cast. The 'mugwriter' tells Bill that Benway is behind Interzone Inc. His powder is based on the black centipede meat; however, he's too elusive to catch. Bill and Kiki takes a ride in Cloquet's "wonderful car", and Bill relates a story about a man who taught his asshole to talk, but found it aspired to a life of its own.“

William Burroughs was a major beatnik author who wrote "Naked Lunch". I read the book but haven't seen the movie. Your excerpt has that surreal absurdist quality characteristic of the beat movement.

Here's a trailer for the 1991 film:

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

One of my favorite David Cronenberg movies.

~~Happy Holidays!~~

Some of his stuff is wack lol.

Which is why I like it. Sometimes you want a mind fuck lol

~~Happy Holidays!~~

Scanners was awesome ….

Own the terrific Criterion release for this one. And Long Live the New Flesh!

You've seen Guy Standeven in something since the man was in everything.

David Cronenberg never disappoints me with his mind blowing movies.

I love his work, too.

Great movie!

😀