Superheroes and Villains : Which Marvel characters do you want to see Nolanized?

Which Marvel characters do you want to see Nolanized?

Ant-Man: Hank Pym is a domestic abuser. Similar vibe to The Invisible Man, except he shrinks instead of going invisible. Hank dies at the end leaving room for Scott Lang to be his predecessor. They could have this suit be the same vibranium that relates to CA's Shield.

Captain America: Set in 40s, WWII: This should be a dark Rated R war movie. No "Super Soldier" serum. Steve Rodgers is given a more grounded CIA secret steroid solution to transform him, and by working out. His suit looks more like armor than a superhero costume. Holocaust. As dark as Schindler's List. Note: the comic storyline could also be updated to be the Iraq war instead, to combat Al Queda & terrorism to keep CA appropriate age for the present day.

Black Panther: Set in the 1960s during the Civil Rights movement. T'Challa from Africa hears about this, goes to the States to partake in the black panther movement. Malcom X vibe. The suit should have a homemade look, basically all black leather/armor (a la Punisher) before graduating to a more literal "panther" look by the end.

Iron Man: Tony Stark is a drunkard. Similar to Nick Cage in Leaving Las Vegas: Elisabeth Shue is his Pepper Potts. His heart gives out due to alcoholism and they Robocop him up, except he does most of it himself.

Red Skull should be a burn victim from the war, leaving his face disfigured and reddish.

Thanos should be grounded to the real world like Bane was, whose a human incredibly tall and buff, and a skilled fighter. It's only an urban legend that he's from Titan, but never specifically shown.

Re: Which Marvel characters do you want to see Nolanized?

Hulk: the gray Hulk, as intended by Stan Lee. He has achieved his hue and physique by taking heroic doses of colloidal silver and anabolic steroids. A veteran of the Panama invasion, he has become disillusioned with the United States government and finds solace in right-wing shortwave radio. After damaging a street light following a late night of drinking and lifting weights he is ordered by a judge (Daredevil) to perform community service in the form of mentoring an orphan. Hulk learns to control his rage at being used and abused by the government and military by caring for this boy and showing him everything he wishes he had experienced as a child. The orphan somehow grows up to become Batman.

Namor: he is a former Olympic swimming gold medalist who is now addicted to heroin. Set in Irvine, California in the mid 1970s. Tiger Shark is a local developer who wants to demolish an aquarium where Namor gives free tours to school children to build a high-rise condo plus he won the silver in '60 in the 100 meters freestyle, edged out by Namor by a mere half-second. Would have been a world record if not for Namor. Yeah, this condo might be personal. Shot cinéma vérité with Namor engaging the community to support a petition opposing the development. He is never out of a speedo.

Daredevil: now a judge moonlighting in France, he is confronted with the trial of his life when Charles Xavier, in a desperate blow against his mortal enemy Magneto, publishes a book alleging that the Holocaust is a hoax. He must overcome psychic attacks from the Professor and strange magnetic anomalies as he uncovers the disturbing truth of what really happened—or didn't—during the war.

Love it.

I actually like Ang Lee's Hulk. Jennifer Connelly and Sam Elliot were perfectly cast. Eric Bana was spot on. The only drawback is Hulk growing larger the angrier he gets.

Punisher. An even darker Nolan Punisher universe would be amazing. Also I need Frank Grillo to play him or Jon Bernthal to reprise from Netflix.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

This could work. The problem is Punisher isn't big enough for his own standalone movie. It bombed the last time they tried it.

I think the die hard MCU fans will support it especially with better casting and promotion than the 2004 film. That one didn’t have the marvel feel, it presented itself as gritty B -action film that just happened to have the Punisher story attached. Nolan would flesh it out better.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

I always thought the Punisher was a shitty character (Rorschach without the irony/social commentary) till Jon Bernthal changed my mind entirely.

Best lead performance in a Marvel nf show imo.

You mean drained of humour and fun and peppered with right-wing messages lol?

Nah, only kidding I liked the Dark Knight as much as most people.

None of them. Nolan is a hack who just shot his final wad.

What happened to the American Dream? It came true! You're lookin' at it…

Nolan is a bit of a middle-brow hack imo ..