I Need To Know : Title of old adventure film? [Not Harryhausen, but similar] [solved, I think!]

Title of old adventure film? [Not Harryhausen, but similar] [solved, I think!]

I'm looking for the title of an old adventure film. I thought it was a Ray Harryhausen film but after rewatching all the Sinbads, Clash, and Jason, I think I am wrong.

Anyway… the only thing I truly remember about this film is that over the course of it, team member after team member dies. But at the very end, the hero's entire team is brought back to life [maybe a wish? Don't remember].

Any ideas?

Re: Title of old adventure film? [Not Harryhausen, but similar]

king kong starring donna

lmao

~~Happy Holidays!~~

Was it Jack, The Giant Killer ? It's the most similar Ray Harryhausen film that comes to mind

I do not think so based on summary.

I am pretty confident it isn't Harryhausen at this point, though it must be from somewhere in that era [60s to 80s].

The Magic Sword, a Bert I. Gordon film from 1962, based on the legend of St. George and the Dragon. The original title was to have been St. George and the Seven Curses but it was changed before it was released. Famous Monsters of Filmland did an article on it under that title.

All of George's party of Knights are killed off by seven curses placed on them by Basil Rathbone. When Rathbone is killed at the end of the movie, everyone reappears unharmed.

It's probably Gordon's best movie, but that ain't saying much.

It was released on dvd some years ago. Also check out Youtube. It may be available.

And This, Too, Shall Pass Away

Wow. This must be it. It having Basil Rathbone means it's likely just relevant enough to have been on TV, and the general plot sounds right - magical, but not too magical, the heroes revived at the end…

If this isn't it, I commend you on finding an exact match. But I have confidence this is it

Amazing!