Children and Family Films : Old Childhood Magic

Old Childhood Magic

I'm watching The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Does anyone else like this movie and story a lot? It seems like a good movie for Christmas, but I don't know why, maybe the snow and the magic seems appropriate. Also, the Queen is on now, and it reminds me of Frozen which was originally supposed to be The Snow Queen, I think.

The author is also a good literary critic in English, I think. I think we read him in honors English in college. So are Lewis Carroll and T.S. Eliot, I think.

🖤 ½ Chinese-Indonesian ❣️ ¼ Irish French German ♬ ¼ Irish German French Dutch
BlogSpot

Re: Old Childhood Magic

I love the book! The original or the one from 2006 or something like that?

Hello

OMG!!! I love them too!!!!!!!

Christmas 2005.

My dad read us all the books as kids.

My energetic, middle-aged, old pastor said, "If you haven't read The Chronicles of Narnia, you aren't educated." This was around 2003 probably.

My favorite was the 1st book. I like The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe as a good Christmas or children's story/movie.

BlogSpot

My mom read them to us! I loved peter a lot !

Hello

I remember reading that in school, and I loved it. I felt like it was such a great escape not to mention, I was fascinated with what Turkish Delight would taste like.

Then as an adult, I found a sweet treat called Turkish delight, and I bought it, in rose. I still find it enjoyable, even if it is rather sweet.

I loved the movie!

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Yea, that part did stick out to me, too, the Turkish Delight. I probably had it, and it might have been interesting compared to what I thought it tasted like.

I'm glad you read it in school! It must have been interesting. Schools were pretty bad when I was a kid where I went, and I moved around Southeastern and Northeastern Florida and to the New Orleans area, Orlando if you count community college. Not sure if everyone experienced this, but it seems like some learned more. I was tired of memorizing words.

I remember it was a big thing when the movie came out and I was home from college. Those were the days.

BlogSpot

Lilith, I think the symbolism is obvious. Turkish Delight is opium. But don't tell Christina. Lol.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Childhood magic is the best kind of magic. I remember the joy of seeing my first snowfall in England, as a tiny child. Also, the wonder of Christmas until I found out the truth about Santa Claus.

I learned about my Christmas, too. I've had real Christmas, though, so that beach thing is partially a joke.

Nice picture, and your Christmas's must be nice. It reminds me some of storybooks I had, too. It also reminds me of my grandma telling me about the deer she saw from her home. I think I've seen them, too. Christmas seemed so magical up there in a more natural way. I remember walking around the Christmas trees or, rather, pine trees outside with snow on them and going around and around sorta, well finding some mystery. I went up twice, once at 6 and once at 14 or 15, I think. I bet that was 14 or 15, when I found mystery in the trees. My grandma lived in Southwestern New York state, and my ancestry is mostly from Pennsylvania on my dad's side and some New York state somewhere. I remember going to town with her at night. I remember visiting other people for Christmas. When I was in Florida, I remember going around with my aunt and her young daughter, and people were interested in her and her daughter but nothing to do with me. I think her daughter even got several presents visiting others. I was looking at the little machines with Christmas things all around, though. I also remember going to Georgia to camp with my aunt's German in-laws, and our side came but not my nuclear family. The in-laws, a little I knew, didn't like me because I was with my cousin who was being bad, but I wasn't really being bad. However, they seem to think I'm my cousin's ethnic enemy and they knew her already because they lived in the same area of Southeastern Florida. Also, at a family reunion time, we had a party I think at my grandma's and a relative who I remember told me we had a lot of German on that side and she had a PhD in Psychology, I think dark hair and pretty big, and she only had time to talk to my cousin I mentioned. Also, whenever I visit my aunts I have to be with her instead. Anyway, not that proud of my family. My dad seemed mad at me when I got older, too.

BlogSpot

That cute beach pic you just posted is exactly like Christmas in New Zealand!

Cute!

BlogSpot

I'm still trying to figure out how it is that I always knew about Santa. My mother never sat me down and told me. I just intrinsically knew. It didn't disappoint my grandparents, but I played along, (which I feel is a sad burden for a child). I just took it in stride, and figured every child must've known,…right? Right? And then I sprung it on my OLDER cousin, and he flipped out and ran to his mother, screaming in outrage, and my mother took me aside and gave me a right whoopin' (first) and explained not every child knew (second) (huh?) and then told me to tell my cousin I was just kidding about Santa (lying!) (so I was instructed to go lie to my older cousin) and make it right by telling him Santa is real.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

It dawned on me when there was a different Santa in every store. Even though my mom tried to explain it away, I wasn't buying her lies!

Smartypants!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.