Film General : Is this a whole new level of judgemental, sensitive and intolerant snowflake?

Is this a whole new level of judgemental, sensitive and intolerant snowflake?

Here's the comment voming from an ex Imdb user who was talking about violent and gore movies:

I am glad to have learned the titles of some of these films. Now if I find any of these in a signifigant other's, heck even a friend's, movie collection I know to end that relationship. Films like these clearly illustrate what is wrong with humanity and how many people are just *beep* up. I know that I am on the extreme end when it comes to being against violence and pain but I think people who enjoy these types of films are disturbed. Gore when it is obviously fake can be amusing but not gore that is intended to look as real as possible. (To actual require evidence that they were not real) Also the fact that some of these movies had real violence against animals. I can't believe they would advocate that (which is what the film is doing however subtly) since many serial killers started with torture to animals. It makes me wonder what dirty secrets these filmmakers have of their own, since often these movies don't seem to be making a political point.

Frankly if I was in control of the world I would not allow the existence of movies like this, the purveyors, or the buyers. Obviously most of you on here enjoy this type of thing and you might find this offensive but I find your existence offense. It scares me that there are people walking around who enjoy this because I can see how easy it is for some to go from watching on-screen to watching in real life.

This is sincerely a new level of a pussy snowflake.

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

Re: Is this a whole new level of judgemental, sensitive and intolerant snowflake

I'm not a "snowflake", but I have no desire to watch gratuitous gore. I wouldn't end a relationship over it, but I'm not some dumb kid who watches movies to see someone's head cut off.

If there's a reason for the gore and it contributes to the story, I give it a pass though. "Terrifier" has some pretty gory scenes for example. There's one where a naked girl is hung upside down and split down the center with a chain saw, pussy first. All the while the murderous clown is laughing. That scene had a purpose since that flick is a bit of a farce.

However, I have no desire to watch a simulated snuff film. I do think there's something sicko about men who like to watch women being tortured. Girls, if your boyfriend has a snuff film in his collection, get the hell outta there.

I also believe you don't throw away your ethics to make a film. I agree with the author that killing animals just to film a scene is not only wrong, but criminal.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Re: Is this a whole new level of judgemental, sensitive and intolerant snowflake

I've never dated a guy that likes snuff films. Ever! I wouldn't even want a friend that watches snuff films. Do you have a friend that watches snuff films, PC?

https://youtu.be/iPUwtyZglQI

https://youtu.be/QRTNm6GLJYI

Yeah my point was that you have the right to not like it and not watch it, it's perfectly fine. But the problem with this sensitive snowflake is that he is totally vile with people because they do appreciate it. People can enjoy whatever movie genre they want and nobody should talk down on them for that, what he does. He even goes as far as to basically say that someone's existence is a waste of oxygen if they like it.

And NO, I personally don't like nor enjoy it… it depends on the movie of course, but for me to enjoy it, it needs to offer more than just the violence and the gore. Shock value only for shock value is not my thing at all.

HOWEVER… that's the rule: you don't like it, don't fucking watch it, but let people enjoy whatever they want without being condescending toward them. That's the problem with this idiot.

As for this:

I also believe you don't throw away your ethics to make a film. I agree with the author that killing animals just to film a scene is not only wrong, but criminal.

I won't even argue about this, this was argued millions of times and everyone who find it unacceptable made their point. We get it, you don't want to watch it. So, don't. But I personally know fucking vegans who love Cannibal Holocaust because they understand that it not only had a purpose, but they ate the animals. So, get over it and if you don't like it and it offends you… stfu and don't watch it.

I'm against any attempt by the state or sjw groups to censor films. Let me make that clear. I thought it hilarious when there was a move to ban smoking in movies. To the credit of the studios they never took that one seriously. If it's necessary to the character that they smoke or hurl racial slurs, I'm all for it.

As for killing animals, we do it in slaughterhouses and I love a steak dinner. I'm thinking of the scene in Pink Flamingos where one actor grabs and simulates fucking a chicken. I've heard sjw's condemn the movie on that grounds. I see nothing wrong with ruffling a chicken's feathers for art.

So bottom line, I'm saying there should not be any campaign or laws to curb violence in film. I just don't think most of it is entertaining.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

It could be an older person who has not much experience with these kinds of movies and finds them shocking. If I watched a gory movie with my grandmother, I wouldn't expect her to like it either.

Once again you missed my point: I don't give a shit whether you like it or not, I don't like it neither generally (there are exceptions). But ending a relationship/friendship with someone because he likes it and call him human waste? Nah, get off your high horses.

I find YOUR existence offense…

Okay, I find YOUR SNOWFLAKES' fucking existence offense…