Travel and Recreation : Life in North Korea

Life in North Korea

Last night I watched this video by Deutsche Welle on YouTube:

The whole thing seemed off to me. All too colorful and cheerful. So I decided to search for additional sources and ended up finding these two videos:

They tell a whole other story and in many places contradict what is either only implied or directly stated on the DW documentary.

Please don't get me wrong. I do wish that the North Koreans be happy, I only thought DW was pushing it.

"Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Re: Life in North Korea

I don't have anything intelligent to say other than They all look happier that America does right now.

https://youtu.be/iPUwtyZglQI

https://youtu.be/QRTNm6GLJYI

Don't you think they look too happy in that first video? I mean, suspiciously happy? That's why I searched for other videos and, as one can see in the other two, the reality of things over there seems quite different.

"Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail."

It's easy to look "happy" when the other option is a bullet in the head…

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

Life everywhere, right now, feels precious because of its ephemeral nature. The Earth is in a grave situation.

Michael Palin did a good documentary on this.

LOL. 🤡🌎

Really? What's it's called? 😮

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

Michael Palin in North Korea.

LOL. 🤡🌎

People can be happy living under a dictatorship. They can laugh at jokes, fall in love, play sports, have sex, appreciate art, etc. just like people who live in so-called "democracies" do. In fact, there are countless numbers of miserable and suicidal people living in the free world. One thing North Koreans have that we don't seem to have much of in the West these days is a sense of belonging, community and togetherness. Too much "individuality" and "diversity" kills that. People in the US especially have become like isolated islands onto themselves. We no longer share the same interests, celebrate the same holidays or have much in common with each other anymore. At times I envy the North Korean people.

No race riots, whiny SJWs or 'woke' madness either. North Koreans don't have to worry about stuff like that. There's a lot to be said for racial and cultural homogeneity.