Now Playing and Upcoming Films : Doctor Strange director says don't go to the theaters, it's not safe

Doctor Strange director says don't go to the theaters, it's not safe

Derrickson followed up his two tweets by posting an August 18 article by The A.V. Club that ran with the headline: "Movie theaters are reopening, but is it safe to go? Experts say hell no."

In the article, The A.V. Club spoke to Dr. Ann W. Rimoin, a professor of epidemiology and director of the Center For Global and Immigrant Health at the University of California, who said: "there is no scenario in which going to a movie theater is a good idea."

Another expert, Dr. Abdul El-Sayed, a physician, epidemiologist, and former city health commissioner, agreed with Rimoin: "It's just about the last thing I'd do right now."

El-Sayed said: "From what we understand, the virus is transmitted through aerosolized droplets that come out of our mouths, oftentimes when we talk or when we laugh or when we sing. And so, being in a room for two hours with a bunch of folks who are laughing at a movie, and where air is not being circulated in an efficient way, and where you don't know who has been in there before you, that's really hazardous exposure. I just don't think it's worth it."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/director-doctor-strange-told-people-100803550.html

Re: Doctor Strange director says don't go to the theaters, it's not safe

I agree. I don't want to take the unnecessary risk. I don't advise that kids or university student return to those school buildings and college campuses until a better treatment for covid-19 is ready to go.

https://youtu.be/iPUwtyZglQI

https://youtu.be/QRTNm6GLJYI

He's stating the obvious, but coming from a director it seems to carry more weight.

^ this

Yeah… I'm going to be going to the theater to see Tenet. Don't really expect there'll be a lot of laughing or singing going on during the movie, and I have to imagine the seats and shit will be sanitized between showings.

I wasn't going to anyway, but I appreciate his moral code.

Then the renewed earth would reclaim city and town, leaving only Ghost Dancers and those who lived by nature’s laws.

Ever feel how sticky and gooey the movie theatres floor feels? It’s not a bastion of cleanliness.

Especially when the movie “50 Shades Of Grey” was playing.

I don't need anyone to tell me theaters are not safe right now. I worked THAT out on my own.

This is brave. I wonder how he will be treated in Hollywood for advocating people don't go see another person's movie.