I Need To Know : How do I save a digital image of a long screen, please?

How do I save a digital image of a long screen, please?

I need to save a webpage that would be about 2.5 laptop screens long. I can't really download anything, and I'm on Chrome. (Anything downloaded messes the machine.) Is there any online tools that would grab a long screen? Please let me know if you know of one. Thanks.

Re: How do I save a digital image of a long screen, please?

CTRL+- repeatedly might do it for you. I shrank the screen to about one-third the size in Firefox. PrtScr will give you the digital image.

[center] [hr] [poll closed] multiple [s][/s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup][/sup] [u][/u]  

Thank you, both.
If I did CTRL– the image would be too small to view, right?
I don't have a PrtScr button but, from my recollection, it only prints what's viewable on the screen and doesn't go below that.

Too small to view, but not to save a digital image. The resolution suffers unfortunately. "PrtScr" could be "PrintScreen." It's standard on PCs.

[center] [hr] [poll closed] multiple [s][/s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup][/sup] [u][/u]  

In Firefox on a PC running Windows, all you need to do is right click and select 'Save Page As'. Then in the 'Save as type' box, 'Web Page, complete' should be the first option. Choose where you want to save it, then click 'Save' and you have saved the entire page at full size.

It's the same page that's already saved in the cache. That doesn't make it viewable on a single screen which is what the OP wants … or "digital image" is the wrong wording in the subject.

OP seems to want to "grab" the entire page and even referred to it as the "long screen" at full size as she was concerned smaller wouldn't be readable.

I'm really not sure what the OP wants. Saving a webpage does just that. It doesn't save a digital image of the page, which may not be what she wants.

"Save Page As" with right click does save a digital image. An exact digital image, which seems to be what the OP wants.

Are you Jacky without the animated GIF avatar?

HTML is not the same as a digital image which is a picture not a coded document. "Save Page As" on Firefox does not give you any image type choices. No way to save it as JPG, PNG or GIF.

Hi Lebanese (& DrakeStraw again),

Yes, I was seeking a jpg (or similar) of a 2.5 screens long page to utilize in a video. By lack of that, seeking a device that would record the page top/bottom online and would save me a gif that I would utilize in a video to showcase the full image skimming it up down in my video presentation. Thank you.

DrakeStraw, I do not see a print screen button on my machine. I tried to "open in new tab" your photo, to examine the resolution, but it scrolls me down the page fast, and then "Save" pops up on my computer.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I need the resolution to be there, as people need to be able to read the page on a video. Thank you.

DrakeStraw, I do not see a print screen button on my machine.
And it's a laptop? Very unusual not to have one.

This site does a limited format conversion. You can paste a URL and it works. You don't need to download the extension. Start with the big red button.

Convert HTML to JPG

Thanks for replies. It's a Chromebook (laptop but "bare bones") I am going to read this in about an hour (or later) as I have to leave now. Thank you.

I didn't do it right the first time. You have to click on the URL icon inside the big red button:

Seeking Ellen,

Drakestraw is a hacker. Do not engaged in a conversation with him.

Your friendly neighborhood the amazing Croft

Have you tried this already?

Read pages later and offline - Computer

Save a page from Chrome to read later
You need to be online to save a page.
1. On your computer, open Chrome.
2. Go to a page you want to save.
3. At the top right, click More More Tools Save page as.
4. Choose where you want]Save a page from Chrome to read later
You need to be online to save a page.
1. On your computer, open Chrome.
2. Go to a page you want to save.
3. At the top right, click More   More Tools  Save page as.
4. Choose where you want to save the page.
5. Click Save.
To read a saved page, open the file on your computer. It will open in your default browser, like Chrome or Safari.
To delete a saved page, delete the file from your computer.

https://support.google.com/chrome/search?q=save+page+offline&from_promoted_search=true

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Thank you for explaining it to me step by step, wanton87. I did that and the page still saved as .mhtml and, as you say, displays on browser only and the center image is lost.

Also, as I just replied to Anna, I need it for a video, the intact image.
Is there maybe some online website that would take a gif or small video of a webpage that I could use in a video? Thanks, everyone, for your help.

I tried it on my desktop Ellen. I actually used Firefox, but the process is the same. I had to save it as “Web page, Complete” to get the images, but it worked.

But here’s what I think might be happening, and the .mhtml is the give away. Your laptop is probably one of those newer hybrids (Chrome OS ?) so you probably have a mobile operating system, with limited features, and this might be causing your problem. You might be able to find an app that will allow you to do this, with an app store search.

I just DuckDuckGo’ed the search results: “Play store app that saves webpages offline”, and here’s a few that came up:

Offline Browser
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.nikodroid.offline&hl=en

Save Web Pages Offline
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.suyash.savepages&hl=en_US

Save as Web Archive
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.fuukiemonster.webmemo&hl=en_US

Of course, you can search directly from the app. Good luck.

Thanks, Wanton. Actually yes I am on Chromebook and I can't have any extensions. I tried it before, it totally messes the system up (as in everything crashes and couldn't do anything). and help & support told me not to download anything past the Ad Blocker. This was a very cheap (in price) computer, sadly it is acting up cheap! It's a patch up for now.

But thanks for taking the time to look into the links for me, I appreciate it! :)

Is there maybe some online website that would take a gif or small video of a webpage that I could use in a video?

Yes Ellen. There is screen recording software, for use in website presentations.

Dare I ask, is there something free available online?

@Con thanks, LOL!

Dare I ask, is there something free available online?

Looks like there is Ellen. And quite a few are free.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=online+screen+recorder&atb=v1-1&ia=web

Thanks,I m gonna look it into that. Hope I find what I need to busy, I'll check it and get back in a few.

No. Bill Gates is working on this at the moment. The technology isn’t quite there yet.

I like soup

Why can't you click save page as and put it in the folder you want?

~~Happy Holidays!~~

I'm so tech-unsavvy, I had no idea that was an option, Anna. Thank you. I have no "save page as" but I did save. Now i have an MHTML document but there is a photo inside a square and now it displays blank. The text below photo displays properly.

Furthermore, it opens not in my photos but in the Chrome browser. I need that long page for a video, to skim over it.