Film Art and Cinematography : Do you consider comic book movies to be lesser movies?

Do you consider comic book movies to be lesser movies?

Or just Marvel movies as lesser movies?

Re: Do you consider comic book movies to be lesser movies?

No. Most movie scripts have only a couple years worth of polish. The Marvel mythos has been developed over decades.

Conman is a goon ass, twink basturd. Fuck his swine of a mother.

Chris Nolan's Batman series are the best there is. I watched The Dark Knight Rises recently and it doesn't even resemble a comic book adaptation.

https://youtu.be/iPUwtyZglQI

https://youtu.be/QRTNm6GLJYI

Ask Martin Scorsese.

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

How are they "lesser" movies? You have serious movies and movies just for pure fun. Why are action movies not considered lesser? It is stupid to think some movies have no value. There is room for all genres. We can all pick and choose what we are in the mood for at any given time. The constant comic based movie bashing is ridiculous. The irony is the ones being bashed inspire us to be better then what we are and to put the good of others before our selfish needs. There is serious art and art just for the pure joy.

~~Happy Holidays!~~

☝️

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

☝️

Some of them are. Most of them are just bland products made on an assembly line. Then there are the few with truly inspired moments but are clearly lacking in cohesion, like with the majority of what the DCEU churns out. There are also comic book movies that are just good, but not great. These are Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Days of Future Past, Batman (1989), Superman, and Aquaman.

And then there’s Batman Begins, TDK, Logan, Iron Man, Watchmen, Into the Spider-Verse, Spider-Man 2, Joker, History of Violence, Road to Perdition, and Sin City. Those movies elevated the comic book adaptation to a legitimate art form. They had a clear reverence for the material while still forging their own identity separate from the source and from other comic book movies. They were distinguishable.

I bet very few people know that History of Violence and Road To Perdition are comic adaptations or they would not be so quick to bash. I myself would of added Man of Steel as one of the best comic based movies.

~~Happy Holidays!~~

Sorry, but Man of Steel really isn’t great. It’s got moments of greatness, but it’s really let down by a disjointed plot, some truly terrible writing, and a very bland finale.

In my opinion it has a lot of great moments and Henry was wonderful. Then it was followed up by that mess of a movie called Batman vs Superman.

~~Happy Holidays!~~

The superhero movies at this point are overdone and played out. The 20's decade will see their long awaited death.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

I would wager a lot of people have seen comic adaptations without knowing their source material. Does suddenly finding out a movie you love is comic based change how you view it all of a sudden? Comic books have been going since the 30's. I am sure someone said the same thing you did about the movies. There is room for serious movies as well as popcorn flicks.

~~Happy Holidays!~~

If I happen to see one I usually enjoy it. I just believe that these big franchises make the studios lazy. They should be giving new screenwriters a chance with completely new concepts.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Should we get rid off action flicks because they are not more "serious?" I agree about taking chances on new ideas and new screenwriters. This is where the indie studios need to step in if Hollywood wont and we the audience need to support creativity. Anyways I will let better minds then mine debate this. I am all for giving people a chance to bring us something fresh on the screen. It is why I don't turn my nose to lower budget movies,you can find gems in there.

~~Happy Holidays!~~

I'm just saying they have put all their efforts into these massive superhero productions. I admit I prefer the more artsy stuff though.

I GameBoy - H. superior

You should check out indie movies more. Hollywood just wants a quick buck and and we won't have the great directors who tell good stories for long. They are all getting much older. I agree we need fresh blood and new ideas. Its the constant remakes that bum me out. And the fact very few have the balls to make an R rated movie.

~~Happy Holidays!~~