James Bond : You Only Live Twice vs. Live and Let Die

You Only Live Twice vs. Live and Let Die

Both these entries have always been mixed bags for me. The weaknesses are the plots are not as well developed as some of the better entries. YOLT has the advantage of the villains having a much more interesting plan and building towards a bigger climax. But the whole wedding thing, and Japanese disguise are very unnecessary to the story and do slow it down. The movie also spends too much other time on Japanese culture such as getting a Japanese bath, instead of sticking more to the mission, like other entries.

Where as in LALD there hardly is a plot and all the villains want to do is sell heroin, and the whole plot is rescuing Solitaire over and over and that's it pretty much. So it feels repetitive in that sense, but at least it is moves at a better pace with no slow dead spots like YOLT.

I would say I like Blofeld overall better as a villain compared to Kananga but I like Solitaire better than Aki or Kissy. LALD also suffers from some of the corniest and cringiest dialogue in the series, where as the dialogue in YOLT is just overall flat and routine, but having to dub over a lot of Japanes actors does not help that of course.

Re: You Only Live Twice vs. Live and Let Die

Both the movies are superbly average, but the themes from both are excellent.

Re: You Only Live Twice vs. Live and Let Die

Live and Let Die was the first mediocre Bond movie. Diamonds are Forever is the only Connery one that is worse.

Re: You Only Live Twice vs. Live and Let Die…

YOLT.

"I AM El Señor Fernando PÓO (💩)!!!!".