I Need To Know : Conspiracy theory electoral college (TV series specific episode)

Conspiracy theory electoral college (TV series specific episode)

This has bugged me for a long time!
There was a TV series a few years ago, and one episode dealt with a US presidential election. The "truth" about the "selection" of who would win the presidency was discussed, and one character mentions how the electoral college is such a special concept, and someone else mention how "someone" selects the right candidate to win, because the people would make mistakes. It is also mentioned that "the selectors" have made mistakes in the past, but they always "fix" the problem. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Re: Conspiracy theory electoral college (TV series specific episode)

Believe it or not, I'm pretty sure I know exactly what show you're talking about. It was called "Secret Agent Man" in 2000 starring Costas Mandylor, Dina Merrill, and Paul Guilfoyle. I had just watched an episode of it the week before and it seemed good, so I taped the next episode. In it, they were assigned to guard a group of people who supposedly actually picked who would win the presidency each time no matter how the voters voted. I'm pretty sure it was the episode called "The Elders", and that's what the group was called, even though they were all pretty young as I recall. The concept was so ridiculous, I just turned it off without even finishing it and never watched the show again.

Re: Conspiracy theory electoral college (TV series specific episode)

Yes, it was probably that one. Thank you!
Can't find it anyone online.

☑️ Conspiracy theory electoral college (TV series specific episode)

There's a real life conspiracy theory about the Electoral College for this election. It's that the true purpose of universal mail-in balloting is not to cheat on the election, but to delay results, so the EC can't meet in time and the election is thrown into the House. Nancy Pelosi spilled the beans when she said she would be president. It could happen, at least temporarily.

[center] [hr] [poll closed] multiple [s][/s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup][/sup] [u][/u]