Travel and Recreation : Has anyone been to Hong Kong?

Has anyone been to Hong Kong?

Would you go?

(I'm also speaking as if, and IF, and "when", this whole COVID ordeal is over).

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Re: Has anyone been to Hong Kong?

Meh. I always wanted to visit Japan but never had an interest in China. I passed up an opportunity to study abroad in Tokyo one year and regretted not going. Japan looks beautiful and I’d love to experience the kawaii and anime culture where it originated.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

Well Hong Kong isn't China, but like you, I would LOVE to visit Japan. I've long been interested in Japan. For one thing it's cleaner and I find the culture much more beautiful. I have several Japanese tattoos on me, and one Nordic (which seems completely illogical but they have meanings).

Once I'm cleared for getting tattoos again (meaning the whole COVID thing, I'm getting one of my Japanese ones done over to make it LARGER and see what can be done), and I'm also getting a scorpion tattooed on me. The oddest thing is I can't explain why but it's going on five years that I've wanted a very precise tattoo in a very precise place and it hasn't gone away. Weird.

My Japanese ones I love and they mean a lot to me.

I'm off track now, derpy derpy.

I'd love to spend a month in Japan, and I'd be fine with seeing Hong Kong, I'm also curious about South Korea.

I admit this was one very peculiar post,

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

I like tattoos too. I only have a few small ones and have been meaning to get more but the parlors haven’t opened up here just yet. Japan is most definitely a vacation plan I have set for the future.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

I just looked at my tattoo parlour has indeed opened up. That's where I went for my last one. Now it comes down to if I've got the guts to actually go get one.

It's the strangest thing this desire I've got to get this scorpion, and I can't figure it out, but it's this bizarre yearning for many, many years now.

Went the summer of 2004. It was fantastic - great food, bustling city but with many quiet places all around.

Sad what's going on and what's been happening the last decade or so.

I haven't. But I have fucked oriental massage girls who emigrated from there.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

You're not supposed to fuck'em, Steve Lake. That's probably why you're sick all the time.

Like Erica, I'm more interested in Japan. 🇯🇵

You're not the BBB, and I'm not the 3 little pigs.

I hope I don't grow too old before I leave the US.

34 US White • ½ Chinese-Indonesian ¼ Irish French German ¼ Irish German French Dutch
BlogSpot

Well Christina, you're never too old to travel. You're talking about going to Germany?

You're saving up for it, right? Maybe go visit for a few weeks for now and see what you think of it for now, just to get a taste of it.

I have a friend who has been living in Germany for five years but she's moving now.

Well, there are other people older than me.

I may visit first, but I may not. It's a lot of money.

That's cool you have a friend in Germany.

Well, actually, I'm worried I need to move out to a group home in December/January because my dad is sick and may die and we won't have the car, anymore. How will I get food? My younger brother works and supports himself and doesn't like going out with me / anymore. I may work or see if I can do something in college. I was a music major and want to go back. Also, I want to learn German. I need to muster more discipline, not much of a reader, anymore.

34 US White • ½ Chinese-Indonesian ¼ Irish French German ¼ Irish German French Dutch
BlogSpot

She's leaving Germany to get married though. She only lived in Germany for several years.

There are a lot of events in Germany that I want to go to, so I definitely plan on going. There's also one in Poland, same type of thing.

At any rate, by this point, she might even have already moved.

I had a violin teacher for 2 years from Poland. She visited back in Europe to teach, but I don't know if she was still/really that advanced. She was probably born in 1961 or 1962. She was peculiar, lived in Orlando about as long as I did. She lived somewhere else in the US before and in Spain. It would be difficult for her to have children, she said. When I told her I wanted to move to Germany, she said Muslims rule the middle and it's so dangerous the police wouldn't come to help you, for fear of their own lives.

I had a group singing teacher in college who sang for 20 years in Germany with her husband, both the only ones from America. He went to Harvard. She is from Minnesota and I think went to a top conservatory in the US. They moved to New Orleans and had a daughter, a few years older than me.

I had a German foreign exchange student who I liked because she played soccer and kinda because she was a blonde but had dark skin. She was 3/4 French I found out at the end. My friend had one the year before. They were in our year. Hers was sorta fair with mousy brown hair, smooth and long, looked athletic from being with horses, kinda skinny. Mine was shorter than me a little and maybe a month younger. My mom wanted an Asian foreign exchange student, but she said they are quick to get taken.

My dad's younger sister married a German-American and I met his in-laws. They seemed to not want to interact because they lived by my younger cousin from my other aunt and we were very different and they didn't know what to think.

Now, I follow a German orchestra I found online. They don't let me comment there often, and I don't get anyone to comment back, not many comments though. I check them out every day, and for some reason they keep posting, like usually a lot every week. They Retweet things, too. They post on Facebook, at least once a week, makes sense in a way, though I find Facebook corrupt in that the people there are unfriendly in general. I don't have many friends and lost the few I had.

Is there a particular reason you are interested in Asia? I don't know where I'd want to visit most. It must be a fun place to live, too, in which case I dunno but find Japan interesting, maybe because my dad is fair and my mom is fair for being from Southeast Asia. I do like Thailand, etc. I was more excited to do Asian things when my mom was around or like martial arts with my younger brother. They don't have it here now because of coronavirus.

BlogSpot

No and no. I'd love to go back to Japan, though. I want to re-visit all my favourite places from the time I lived there. It'll be a trip filled with beauty and nostalgia alike.

Then the renewed earth would reclaim city and town, leaving only Ghost Dancers and those who lived by nature’s laws.

I think South Korea seems pretty popular.

BlogSpot

I was there in 2018, during my trip to China and Japan. It's a really great city, and I stand with them in their struggle for freedom from their totalitarian ChiCom Masters!

Freedom for Hong Kong!

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't! 😸

👍

I haven't been and I would definitely love to go, and hopefully before the Chinese troops move in. And that will happen very soon.

I have a good friend who was there in the beginning of the Covid scare.

Hong Kong still exhibits the old China before the Communists won the revolution. It still has the narrow side streets and all the old customs forbidden under Beijing's rule. It is the last chance to see China as it existed before the Red cleansing of an ancient and antiquated culture.

But Hong Kong is also highly cosmopolitan. It has a fast night life and it is a wealthy city. The mix of ultra-modern and ancient sounds fascinating.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

It is, bro.

The United Kingdom failed terribly to protect their loyal colony. They were in a strong position to make strong demands of China before the transition and failed to do so. There's an upcoming bloodbath slated for Hong Kong when the Chinese troops move in.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Regrettably, I think you're correct, bro.

I've been, it's a nice enough city and the food is great

LOL. 🤡🌎

I've never been but yes, I would go. I've been to Beijing and enjoyed it, although it's probably not for everyone.

Ask Gameboy how old he is lulz

What is Beijing like?

There are a lot of historical sights as well as beautifully preserved architecture. We had a really great tour guide who gave a lot of historical context surrounding the buildings, etc. Beijing is also a popular starting point for a side trip to the Great Wall. The food was pretty good too.

On the downside, when I was there in 2008 the air quality was still very poor. It smelled of burning tires at Tianamen Square. I’m pretty sure they‘ve improved the air quality since then. Also the vendors are somewhat aggressive/unscrupulous. I was screwed over a few times.

I would like to return to see the Terra Cotta warriors in Xian and Hong Kong as well.

Ask Gameboy how old he is lulz

Well Hong Kong is completely separate.

I gather Beijing is one of the more tourist-friendly places to be if an American wants to be in China, as opposed to say, down south in Wuhan province. As far as China goes, I've heard that Beijing is one of the better places to be. I don't know if that's because it's more "Americanized" and "protected"? I honestly don't know enough about it.

But I've heard the same thing, the air quality is atrocious and the street vendors are unscrupulous. What bothers me so much are the wet markets.

Now, this is the part I admit to being ignorant.

I'm very interested in going to Japan and what I've seen, it's incredibly clean, people are polite and polished, there's so much more respect to be had. I've seen soooo many youtube videos of the street vendors and dearie me, the food looks heavenly. The layer cake? Mmmmmm! There are just so many beautiful things to see and the architecture is stunning. I'd definitely want to visit Japan (just don't ask me where!)

I wonder when (or even IF?) we'll get through this COVID thing to make these international flights somewhat normalized again.

I wanted to go with my brother, but it'll have to wait. The only sensible Asian guy I've known online was from HK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race,_Evolution,_and_Behavior
▲ Top