Animation : Sailor Moon πŸŒ™ πŸŒ™ πŸŒ™

Sailor Moon πŸŒ™ πŸŒ™ πŸŒ™

In western culture, Sailor Moon is sometimes associated with the feminist and Girl Power movements and with empowering its viewers,[118] especially regarding the "credible, charismatic and independent" characterizations of the Sailor Soldiers, which were "interpreted in France as an unambiguously feminist position".[119] Although Sailor Moon is regarded as empowering to women and feminism in concept, through the aggressive nature and strong personalities of the Sailor Soldiers,[120] it is a specific type of feminist concept where "traditional feminine ideals [are] incorporated into characters that act in traditionally male capacities".[120] While the Sailor Soldiers are strong, independent fighters who thwart evilβ€”which is generally a masculine stereotypeβ€”they are also ideally feminized in the transformation of the Sailor Soldiers from teenage girls into magical girls, with heavy emphasis on jewelry, make-up and their highly sexualized outfits with cleavage, short skirts, and accentuated waists.[11]

The most notable hyper-feminine features of the Sailor Soldiersβ€”and most other females in Japanese girls' comicsβ€”are the girls' thin bodies, long legs, and, in particular, round, orb-like eyes.[11] Eyes are commonly known as the primal source within characters where emotion is evokedβ€”sensitive characters have larger eyes than insensitive ones.[120] Male characters generally have smaller eyes that have no sparkle or shine in them like the eyes of the female characters.[120] The stereotypical role of women in Japanese culture is to undertake romantic and loving feelings;[11] therefore, the prevalence of hyper-feminine qualities like the openness of the female eye in Japanese girls' comics is clearly exhibited in Sailor Moon. Thus, Sailor Moon emphasizes a type of feminist model by combining traditional masculine action with traditional female affection and sexuality through the Sailor Soldiers.[120] Its characters are often described with "catty stereotypes", Sailor Moon's character, in particular, being singled out as less than feminist.[121]

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

Re: Sailor Moon πŸŒ™ πŸŒ™ πŸŒ™

one of my most important things i've watched as a child/coming of age

https://filmboards.com/board/p/19629444/permalink/#p19629444

uwu uwu mulfucker ✌

Sailor Venus was my favorite anime character.

β€œThere are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

And the movies were so fucking good.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

One of my favourite cartoon series, but don't tell anyone

Well, this is a tomb. I'll make them feel at home

Sailor Moon is a good show, Lara, so you have nothing to be ashamed of.

β€œThere are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

Not the best anime, but was my first anime series and I still love it to this day. Season 3, also known as Sailor Moon S, remains the absolute best of the series. I have all the blu-rays released by Viz, well worth it.

If life is getting you down and you feel hope is lost, then please come dance with me!

This is actually my favorite childhood anime! I loved their transformation sequences! I always loved Venus but I like Saturn too! The outer scouts were more powerful than the
Inners! I have a few of the manga as well!

Hello

Sailor Moon was a childhood staple and it was on toonnami! I
Watched it all the time! I love my girls!

Hello
β–² Top