Comic Books and Comic-Con : Did anyone attend a Comic Con?

Did anyone attend a Comic Con?

I haven't yet but I want to. I could have last year. I really have been neglecting my social life.

Re: Did anyone attend a Comic Con?

The world misses you and your infectious personally, Zika. You are a bright ray of sunshine in these nasty corona times.

I just don't want to go anywhere stag anymore. I need a friend to go to these things with, yet everyone I met is just as shy as I am. It's awful.

I like your screen name!

I used to go to the UK Comic Art Convention during the 1980s and 1990s but was always a guest so never paid. Last one I went to was in 1989.

I went as a guest as well, and also as a performer.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

What type of performer?

Various graphic novel characters as well as a presenter.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

I knew you were a famous actress!

Yeah apparently she thinks that I'm Shamu. Noice, right?

I had a couple of good moments on the stage but apart from being on some panels I mainly sold comics and hung out but the funniest experiences came from signing autographs for people who obviously didn’t know who I was.

They thought you were Mr Bean?

They just saw that I was an artist/writer but had no idea what I worked on.

The authors I worked for were the ones on the panels, so I was spared. I'm quite glad, too!

So you had your comics published? Like into books?

I remember when I wasn't working, I'd wander around the tables at the various artwork and different mediums.

Mainly self published small press stuff. Most attempts at being professionally published didn’t take off and my most successful gig was for a computer mag.

Comic-Con events are a great way to get exposure. There is such a wide variety of event-goers that attend. You know that, you've been there. There are tables set up and people have their artwork set out.

Have you thought about other mediums, like tee-shirts or posters too? I think your artwork is clever and witty, and very well-drawn. Art events are great cultural resources.

I lost my get up and go when we got the kids and I was doing office work by then which paid a lot more. If I ever get the comic I’m supposed to be working on finished I’ll bypass print and sell it as a digital publication.

Well to be honest, that's the way things are nowadays anyway.

Life changes…

I haven't

Well, this is a tomb. I'll make them feel at home

No.

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼

One day I will. Hopefully San Diego since that's the big one.

It's been my unfulfilled desire for many years.

It's one of those things that you feel like, everyone has done except for me and you feel left out.

Not quite the same thing but I just found out about this. Friends of mine are appearing on a few panels.

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/2020/athome?fbclid=IwAR1uFC1mlz5NroMQxeNL-IBjCDLtk2kPW2YxzSGsY7ST617DY3JQ4X6VMys