Classic Film : Old Hollywood beautiful female actors vs Modern Beautiful female actors

Old Hollywood beautiful female actors vs Modern Beautiful female actors

I am trying to do a 24 binge-watch of TCM. I haven't gotten very far with my goal.

I started watching at the last 30 minutes of Shirley Mac Claine and Frank Sinatra in Can-Can.

Then I watched Bette Davis in Jezebel.

Both actresses are beautiful in their own way. I've never seen Can-Can before, nor have I heard of the movie until today. That's what so wonderful about TCM as the ideal way for learning about what Old Hollywood offered to entertainment industry.

So, I watched and noticed how extra-ordinary Shirley Mac Claine looked in her role. She had a demure, feminine way about her movement and facial expressions that I've never seen of her before or from any modern actress. I had no idea that Shirley was such a skillful well rounded dancer either. I knew she had ballet training but I didn't realise what a graceful, and technically precise her dancing was.

And she looked so beautiful.

Bette Davis, and her large round expressive eyes framed by long eyelashes were obviously the most noticeable physical quality she had.

I'm trying to make it a habit though. Today, the first thing I noticed and wanted to make a discussion topic about is rather superficial. Usually I'm the type of film fan who focuses on plot, story, visual effects, the performances and other aesthetics of the finished product. Today I'm doing this topic for the few members of filmboards that enjoy appreciating the physical beauty of Hollywood actors.

Re: Old Hollywood beautiful female actors vs Modern Beautiful female actors

I prefer "Old Hollywood" easily, but Bette Davis looks like an owl.

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

Bette Davis has done femme fatale type roles though, where she seduces men, so was she hot for her time back then therefore, or suppose to be?

There were so many other beautiful women like Ingrid Bergman and Barbara stanwyck and many others

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

Rita Hayworth
Gene Tierney
Lana Turner
Veronica Lake
etc.. etc..

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!