Epic and Disaster : Fans of apocalyptic movies may be coping with pandemic better

Fans of apocalyptic movies may be coping with pandemic better

The researchers found that people who had recently watched what they describe as "prepper" movies showed signs of higher levels of resilience to the real-world pandemic. They suggest exposure to certain scenes in a movie psychologically prepared viewers for some of the events that unfolded as the real pandemic got underway. They further note that people watching generic horror movies also reported higher levels of coping abilities during the early days of the real pandemic. The researchers suggest such movies allow viewers to practice coping skills, which they apparently put to use if a real need arises.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-07-fans-apocalyptic-movies-coping-pandemic.html

This is CNN.

Re: Fans of apocalyptic movies may be coping with pandemic better

I feel vindicated!! After all the years of mockery from my friends about my taste in movies and TV shows. I win!

Tell'em to pound sand!

Tell'em to pound sand!

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

Tell'em to pound sand!

Tell'em to pound sand!

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

When the dead start turning into zombies, remember - go for the head.

It seems like a flawed study. The movies and media you consume are always going to have some reflection on the type of person you are.