Musicals : Anyone catch Hamilton on Disney plus?

Anyone catch Hamilton on Disney plus?

Thoughts?

Re: Anyone catch Hamilton on Disney plus?

It is getting great reviews. It is the highest rated movie release of 2020 on Rottentomatoes, currently at 99%.

Yeah it was a huge success on Broadway and has had a national tour. I was able to see it when it came to my area but honestly with all the great camera close-ups I think it's much more enjoyable to watch on film. The music sounds better live in person but in a huge theater it's hard to appreciate all the subtle details. I feel like the actors' performances are able to really shine more on film because of the expert camera work.

Did you ever see Jersey Boys?

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Yes! That's a really fun one. The music is upbeat and such a flashback. Did you catch it live or on film?

I caught it live and I loved it!

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

I caught it back on Broadway back in 2015. Can’t afford a ticked, diddler?

Kiss my black ass! Toodles!

I was able to see it when it came to my area

Actually I can.

Can't afford a tutor for poor reading comprehension?

Like I said, can’t afford a Broadway ticket, diddler.

Kiss my black ass! Toodles!

The irony of a show meant to appeal to the 99% being used as a status symbol by the wealthy.

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

I absolutely loved it. A lot of the scenes were choreographed differently than I had imagined.

Despite Miranda's best attempts to shine the spotlight on the remaining cast, nobody was more entertaining than the King. Groff absolutely stole the show. I can't imagine his follow-ups did as good a job.

It has definitely successfully reinvigorated my years-old obsession with the show. It's too bad it's so exorbitantly expensive; I'd love to see it.

I agree, Jonathon Groff was one of the best things about the show. I received the soundtrack as a gift a year or two ago and found his singing to be a highlight.

I still feel it's better appreciated on film because of the editing and close-ups however.

I agree. Nothing can ever match the energy of a live show, but being able to see each actor's micro-expressions more than makes up for it. The music itself is lively enough to carry it without feeling like you've lost any energy at all.

Speaking of Groff, you have to wonder whether or not the front row seats came with complimentary ponchos.

School House Rock Rip-off

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

They're a lil different.

pbjreload=101

That was a reference to a tv show that satirically dissed Hamilton:

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

Nope. I'm gay enough to get pegged from time to time but not gay enough to watch Hamilton.

I absolutely loved it! I laughed and cried and applauded!

I knew the songs already because one of my daughters listened to the CD 24/7 a few years ago. But watching the show was a whole new incredible experience!

Angelica, especially, just blew me away. But there were so many amazing moments.

And I now have a crush on George Washington which my daughter says is disgusting because everyone else has a crush on Lafayette.

And my little boy made a King George costume today!