War Films : What are the most heroic displays of war?

What are the most heroic displays of war?

Champions league winner and man of the match v England. Currently suffering from covid. RIP Scotland

Re: What are the most heroic displays of war?

❤️️ "True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” ❤️️

I just looked this up. There's a movie the Coen bros wrote that I don't know about ?

Champions league winner and man of the match v England. Currently suffering from covid. RIP Scotland

Unbroken is a true story. His life story is incredible. This scene gets me every time. The part where he escapes into his mind and is running free from the horrors of war I just loose it. They say his biography is a hell of a read.

❤️️ "True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” ❤️️

Nice, I will need to watch this.

Oh fuck yes!

Every time I see that big fucking mongo giant it ruins it for me.

Why spend so much time building this incredible world filled with such well-developed characters, only to shit on it with weird giants, ice zombies and Bongo level retardation like that.

God, I'm glad The Last Kingdom has none of this bollocks.

By the same director…

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

Yaaaaaas

Have you ever watched Band of Brothers?

Every dayum time, my friend

On my first viewing of 1917, that scene set me to chewing my fingers like the bundle of nerves I was.

I haven't yet, but I've been looking for decent war films to watch after being disappointed by Saving Private Ryan. The theme alone makes it clear that it's going to be high-quality.

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

Band of Brothers was phenomenal and featured endless actors who went onto mega things. I think it shared a similar rugged view to 1917.

But 1917 is unparalleled - it's an exhilarating experience and feels more akin to a computer game. If you like your gaming absolutely play The Last of Us 2 - that takes up all my free time at the moment

But be warned, it frequently interviews the real life heroes and you will choke up.

Obviously I didn't because I'm a manly man.

Oh, I quite liked Hacksaw Ridge too. The latter part