Romance : Only Lovers Left Alive

Only Lovers Left Alive

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Re: Only Lovers Left Alive

You too with the posting of these things in GD?

*throws hands up*

Eh?

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

You went from knowing to post about movies in their movie board (Velvet Goldmine) to posting in GD where the threads get instantly buried.

Think about it. People may not contribute this minute but they should be able to find the thread when they feel like talking about the movie. That's why movies and tv series have their own boards.

It's not that much work searching.

Huh? I just posted Velvet Goldmine here in the regular board which is where I post everything since it's where everything ends up anyway.

No matter where anyone posts, whatever board, it always ends up on the GD board, so I'm not understanding what this anger is about. And no matter what, it gets shuffled down the pages of the GD pages regardless.

I suppose the best way to belong to fb is to just stop contributing to make everyone happy.

No, that was posted on Velvet Goldmine's page, unless it was moved.

Whatever. Post where you want. Just don't be surprised if people then talk on whoever's thread on their actual pages.

Remember things get REROUTED here, but remain on the page they were posted on, so it can be found easily. If you post it on GD then if the mods can be arsed they have to physically move it. It still stays rerouted to GD.

Her point is that the posts get buried quickly, but if you post on the movie's individual board, others are more likely to see it.

Thank you! In fact if you post to GD directly it doesn't copy over to the Film & tv section. It literally just stays in GD, to be buried within an hour with 50 threads of…Whatever GD is going on about.

Mostly stupid drama

Exactly. GD is a mishmash of everything but only off topic chit chatty stuff should be originally posted in GD. Otherwise there would be no need for any other board whatsoever. We have different boards to make discussion easier to find. And individual movie boards make the home page look kind of nifty as you can see by thumbnail what movie is "trending" in discussion (although that's just an aesthetic point of view).

That's how I was able to continue a discussion that Jan started months ago on the new Twilight Zone series. I would never have found that had it just been a GD topic.