Politics : There have been 1,307 Senators in US history, 10 have been Black

There have been 1,307 Senators in US history, 10 have been Black

That is an even smaller percentage than we have had presidents who have been black. Of those 10 Senators, 2 were from before the public voted on Senators, and 3 were appointed by Governors to fill vacant seats. Only 5 have been elected by popular vote. If you don't think the United States has issues with race, then you are in denial.

Re: There have been 1,307 Senators in US history, 10 have been Black

Now do some research and tell us how many black people have been elected to the highest governmental positions and presidencies in England, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Sweden, Russia, China, Australia, Japan, The Netherlands, Greece and Spain.

I'll be waiting for your list.

And This, Too, Shall Pass Away

Black population by percentage:

France 8%
England 3%
Sweden 3%
The Netherlands 3%
Australia 1%
Ireland 1%
Greece 1%
Italy .8%
Germany .6%
Spain .5%
Russia .03%
Japan .02%
China 0%

USA 14%

There are 40 million Black Americans. There are 12 million Black Europeans. That isn't to say these other countries don't also have issues with race.

United States: 14%

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't! 😸

Any way you look at it, the U.S. is far ahead of every Western nation in their acceptance of blacks in leading positions.

Despotic countries like Russia and China are exclusive of minorities, as are insular societies like Japan.

Unless you place intent into the equation, regardless of population, your original argument falls flat.

I'm not sure what you think my argument is. I stated America has problems with race, which is reflected by their rejection of minority candidates for higher office. What occurs elsewhere around the world does not change that.

Your premise is that the reason for the rejection was race. However you provide zero supporting evidence. How you you know it wasn't due to candidates policies? Also how many minorities have actually run for senate positions? If 100 people are elected to a certain position and only one of them is a purple man then that might seem like racism, unless of course only 2 purple men campaigned for office in which case the election rate for purple men goes from 1% to 50%.

Conman is a goon ass, twink basturd. Fuck his swine of a mother.

USA 14%

There are 40 million Black Americans.

Nice math. Move along.

I didn't do any math, I just looked it up. The last official number for United States demographics comes from the 2010 census.

There were 37,144,530 non-Hispanic blacks, which comprised of the population. This number increased to 42 million according to the 2010 United States Census, when including Multiracial African Americans, making up 14% of the total . population.

Then I withdraw my compliment on your math skills, which basically leaves you with nothing considering it has absolutely no relevance to whatever you think your argument is.

I'm pretty sure the President of China is black.

Emmett Till » September 10, 2020 06:51 PM
I'm pretty sure the President of China is black.

From Wikopedia:

Xi had two older sisters, Qiaoqiao (Chinese: 桥桥), born in 1949 and An'an (Chinese: 安安), born in 1952. Xi's father was from Fuping County, Shaanxi, and Xi could further trace his patrilineal descent from Xiying in Dengzhou, Henan. Xi went to the Beijing No. 25 School in the 1960s.
Born: 15 June 1953, Beijing
Nationality: China
Sibling: Xi Yuanping, Qi Qiaoqiao, Xi Heping

That is your definition of black?

Sorry, I meant the President of Japan. They all look alike to me.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

African Americans are underrepresented in Congress as compared to their overall makeup in the general population, but part of the reason is they don't run as often. It could be they don't feel they have a realistic chance of winning given the history you cite. Times are changing, however. 3 of the 5 elected Black Senators are from this century. 6 out of all 10 if you count the appointed ones.

https://filmboards.com/board/p/3309162/

Conman is a goon ass, twink basturd. Fuck his swine of a mother.