Re: My Hamster Thread

½ Spoon + ½ Fork + ½ Knife

☂️ "Don't go chasing waterfalls." -"The Umbrella Academy"

You say she's fatter now since she escaped? Also she's not acting exactly the same as she did before? I wonder if she's pregnant. That would have happened at the place you bought her from.

Rot row!

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

Yes, she's fatter or bigger, she had more trouble if she did get up that small tube that was there then.

Okay, okay, I haven't seen her cock her head the same way. Before, it was just her head that cocked. Now, she cocks from her gut. So sad, but I hope she does it again.

I don't know, but they kept her with another female, so probably not with babies.

She does seem fine, like when she sleeps, I just took a peek because she didn't come out in the dark this time when I was there.

OK. Keep us up to date with her progress.

Okay, thanks for your concern.

I wonder if she's pregnant. That would have happened at the place you bought her from.
Not necessarily. She may have hooked up with a sexy rat.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

½ Spoon + ½ Fork + ½ Knife

maybe her father bought her a new one to keep from telling her how the old one got out.

Trump/Pence 2020 Lets go for the win Bros!

Your hamster is quite the IT girl of filmboards!

Oh yeah. The hamster has been going wild on cam in tinychat.

I went to Tinychat earlier and no one was there.

Thanks! I'm sure she'll like your comment.

I played with it in a certain area recently, and when I left it was so emotional and affectionate yearning to see if it could do the same thing in that spot again. It was there for quite a moment and moving, forward, etc.

um what "area" was it?

Ask Gameboy how old he is Lulz

Uhoh

Eeeewwwwwww!

I mean it was at the front of one of the cages I connected.

Okay good. I thought you meant vagina.

She did make it sound like she raped her hamster.

Well the word around town is that the hamster is knocked up. So I thought it’s highly likely Christina is involved. (Oh and when I say “town” I mean Filmboards.)

New Cage/Maze Arrangement

My Hamster Cage/Maze by Christina Barrett, on Flickr

Very cool! I can see how narrow the tubes are from one dome to the next. A fat little hamster might have trouble getting through them. Can Blondie make it without difficulty?

Yes. However, I had to take off the thin tubes in this set because it grew too fat, after a few days from when I bought it. I think they are replaceable with larger ones, I just realized.

Not sure if it interests anyone/you, but I just got it a sand bath, something to prevent bloating and enhance good hygiene, and some nail filers to put on her wheel, which she is usually in 1 of 3 spots
1 - the wheel
2 - the house
3 - the food bowl

You know, I wanted a white blue eyed Persian cat after seeing an ad of a fountain for cats too lazy to remember to drink. I didn't trust "Blondie" was going over there to drink enough, so it's right by her workout wheel. It's like putting a thermos/bottle of water next to her treadmill. Sometimes, she looks like a lady with a pacer or whatever you call those watches when she's awake in the darkness in her wheel. I turn on the light, and then she often interacts then, though often then I should be asleep! I think she is fat from eating the peanut butter stick, which she buried. I dug it up to see if she needed more, and it might be half eradicated of food.

Also, if anyone is interested, I just took out the indoor wheel and teeter totter tube. She was just using them as leverage. I put a chew toy in, see what she thinks. I'm saving money for Germany if I'm accepted to a camp, so I didn't go all out and spend too much money, maybe $50. I'm not even sure what she wants to do, as of yet. So, she doesn't have much in there now. I have plenty of towel tubes if I need to make something. I save those to swordfight with my grandma hopefully again someday.

Maybe she'd like some company for when you're not there. Have you considered getting her a hamster friend. (female)?

I wanted to get her an older male and sell the babies. I'm still "in limbo."

That might be a lot of hard work. Raising babies of any sort is time consuming.

I would need help selling them. I'd have to see what goes into having hamster babies.

My hamster looks so desperate to love, in frustration hugging my finger, like it's her motherly instinct kicking in, before she gives her soft bite.

Humans and dolphins descended from rodents.

Humans and dolphins descended from rodents.

It's a cute little critter too!

Strange animals are related.

It's funny dolphins are related to hippos. I just read whales are related to hippos. I didn't know dolphins and whales were related. Sharks?

Yes, my hamster seems to have hands like a human. That's not like dogs and cats!

from Russia and the Asian area

I was actually able to rub her on her head and back, and she thinks she's like my mom because she's superior as an animal … but she seems young and is female. So, I think she really savored that, seemed happy… of course she's got sorta a quirky personality.

Oh, NZer….

Great videos! It's easy to see the little sweetie moving around. She's adorable Christina, and she seems to have bonded strongly with you. In fact she looks like she'd like to jump out into your hand. You have a very happy hamster friend.

Edit: Does she eat from your hand?

Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed her!

I've not fed her things like feeding the birds crumbs! I have bigger treats I give her, and she tries to get it with her mouth and maybe paws.

I wanted to get her with her belly up like I had before, tried a little too hard.

Yea, I watched the videos a few times and laughed. It's amazing she comes to me, at least, now. She does different little things. I do know why she was upset today. I didn't leave the lights out long and have a skylight. She usually is just out at night in pitch black, like 1-5 AM?

Hey! I didn't know this, but hamsters are nocturnal. That's why she's wandering around in the middle of the night. I guess you've already got all the information you need about hamsters, but I just found this and it's really informative.

http://animalrightscoalition.com/doc/hamster_factsheet.pdf

It makes me think about getting one for myself.

You know, I had a hamster before, but it slept on the top of the cage and I could wake it up. It was huge with long fur. So, it didn't try to escape.

Thanks for the info. I read it and found some new tips. I watched lots of hamster videos on YouTube recently, and I feel comfortable from that, too. So, then, if her needs are met, she won't be a problem. Well, she does try to bite me but not hard. She thinks my fingers are something she can do whatever she wants with, like a toddler. So, if you want to get one, beware. I kinda am good with animals because my younger brother had a golden retriever when I was 16 until my 20s. So, I have a feel and feel like an expert. My younger brother was scared to hold it as a puppy, so sometimes I felt I had an upper hand. You know, I don't really like pest sometimes because it feels like your life turns into it and not into things in the real world, like classical music and ballet. Because of lockdown here, it seems like a favorable idea. I almost was gonna get the smallest kind, a robo, a roborovski dwarf hamster. Mine said winter white, another kind of dwarf hamster. Robos must be fun to tame. I never had a hamster like this one that thinks to escape.

You're right about pets taking up your life. I've had quite a few that have done that with my life! I'll think very hard before getting another little dependent. Anyway, I get to enjoy your cute little one vicariously!

It's getting late here now. We're well into Winter and darkness falls early. It's cold too, but I don't mind lower temperatures. It's the hot Summers than I find hard to take.
I think I need to get to bed soon, so I'll say 'goodnight', and thank you for sharing your hamster with us. 🐹

I dunno, I guess if you just care about electronics, I would hope you could be with "the animals."

I almost wanted a big gray hamster, so innocent and sweet, Russian hamsters? The one I had had such long fur, though, and so it was slow and that was a bit boring. I don't know if we were close, but it was a happy boy and seemed to have a higher intelligence I couldn't access often.

I wanted a white, blue eyed Persian cat, actually, but I can't get one now, especially because my little brother is maybe allergic to cats… Otherwise, I did want a dog to train for shows to get on TV, maybe in retirement, like I could retire young like in my 40s or 50s and do things like that. The plan is maybe a cat, then a dog. I also like other animals, of course. I did want a small wildcat, an ocelot.

That's so cool, I hope you enjoy the winter there, nice and cool and I'm guessing your skin my chill or something. It's getting hot here, and I started bringing a small thermos when I jog.

You know, you're nice. If I'm worth anything under it all, people all say I'm smart. I feel like I know a lot and "know" things, except for entertainment trivia that everyone else does.

…I'm sorry your summers are unbearable. New Orleans was humid without a sea breeze I think but a wind so strong I could not breathe in the winter, at least sometimes in the city. Florida has a sea breeze, so it seems, even when you're not on the beach. I'm from The South in the US, so I'm some sort of expert at not having cool weather as much as other places. In New Orleans, the winter was like putting your nose out the window, sorta, hoping you'd see Santa with snow. Florida has jokes. New Orleans has its things. It's really quite expansive.

I'm used to e-mailing and it being easy to process most of it and write, too, before. A lot of interesting, diverse characters here.

About getting a pet, if it fits in your life might be nice, but you're already used to having pets. It's a mystery to me, I guess it's like having a kid because life is not about me as much so I get bored. It's also like a science experiment.

Well, okay, then, nighty night!

I was just going to turn my computer off when I saw your last post, and I wanted you to know that I don't just care about electronics - they're just a fun thing I mess around with. My love for animals far outweighs any feeling I have for wires and solder.

You ARE smart, and you have a quirky sense of humor!

OK, this time I'm really turning my computer off. See you in a few hours!

Thanks for the compliment! I guess I post a lot of details. I did well in school.. (I wonder if smart people chose to pay attention to other things..)

I'm glad you have a good connection with animals.

Okay, I hope you're having a good sleep. I don't seem to get tired so easily when awake yet sometimes must go to bed and cannot stay awake moreso. I need to get off these pills, mostly for diabetes which I bet I don't need..

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

No… Interesting that you care. You should try talking to her.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

There's something you ought to know.

It seems every time I come when she's on the wheel, she goes to the door to see if I come.

When she just wakes up and is still tired, she is "hard to get."

That made me smile because when I just wake up and am still tired, I'm pretty "hard to get" myself.