Directors : Tim Burton

Tim Burton

What do you think? Where did the hype and hope of the world go?

🖤 ½ Chinese-Indonesian ❣️ ¼ Irish French German ♬ ¼ Irish German French Dutch
BlogSpot

Re: Tim Burton

I'd say once he started focusing too much on remakes. First Planet of the Apes, then Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Alice in Wonderland, and finally, he just started remaking his own movies (though in all honesty, I really do like Frankenweenie).

Satan is a little man.

Yea, he's quite a craftsman. He seems a bit introverted. He might have become consumed with family life. He has great talent and work ethic.

BlogSpot

I think his movies are horrible and he probably ruined Johnny Depp's acting career.

He helped make him a star in the first place with Edward Scissorhands.

Satan is a little man.

Oh right.

I was thinking more of the dreadful Charlie and the chocolate factory and Alice remakes.

I can't really argue with that. Their latest work does not measure up to Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, or even Sweeny Todd.

Satan is a little man.

I loved Sleepy Hollow.

Another good one, yes!

Satan is a little man.

Perfect for this time of year, too. Might give it another spin this week.

I don't like the scripts he works with. His actors are a bit weird. Yea, he probably is involved in the downhill.

BlogSpot

I do think he's very talented, but most of his recent work sadly doesn't compare to his 80s and 90s work.

Satan is a little man.

He was extremely innovative with his work, but he eventually lost his edge once he started creating remakes to cash in on the popular Hollywood trend. Ed Wood, the Nightmare before Christmas, Batman (1989), Batman Returns, Beetlejuice, Sleepy Hollow and Edward Scissorhands are classics!

“There are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

Remakes can be powerful tools, but they can be overworked, in ways. Planet of the Apes was where he met his ex with whom, as you may know, he had a son and daughter.

BlogSpot