The Invisible Man : What laughably bad garbage

Re: What laughably bad garbage

Yup. You clearly have no idea what that means either.

Ask Gameboy how old he is lulz

What… like… objectively, or is that just your opinion?

Factually.

Idiot.

A little bitch calls someone an idiot when he realises he has no chance of winning an argument.

Who does that, little kids in school or scientists from NASA?

I’ve seen you argue with plenty of posters, you’re just one of those little pussies who’s logic clearly breaks as soon as they realise they’re being made to look like a fucking idiot

Oy - do you think The Invisible Man would be a shorter movie if the main character could explain her situation just once without sounding as crazy as possible, ensuring that she looks crazy to everyone else in the movie?

Never seen anything like that in a movie before, so definitely not a cliche that pretty much forms the foundation of the movie

Idiot

This is fun.

Nothing that occurs in Nightmare on Elm Street would ever happen. Ever. It's 100% contrivance. You like it because there's mindless blood, guts, gore and an occasional titty shot.

But you are arguing that's better than a film allegory about domestic violence that actually works.

Okay, White Man Who Can't Take Being Wrong.

Yeah, so objective.

With that little example of what a fuckin’ idiot you are, I might change the my topic of focus to what a weak little retarded forum bitch you are.

Famously pathetic, right? At least as far as imdb and all these boards go.

At least I think I’ve got it right, you’re the gay Asian guy that doesn’t like Gameboy, right?

I’m not big on the forum gossip so I’ll just observe for a while and come back when I see another few handfuls of your retarded posting and broken logic. Obviously I’ll keep calling you out in this thread for a bit - got shit to do which I can do while checking in here.

Yeah that crack ain't gonna smoke itself. Get a move on.

Well, unless you sit there and start calling yourself out on what a fuckin’ witless little pussy moron you are I’m gonna’ have to do that as well.

It’s gonna’ be a pretty busy afternoon for me.

It’s funny how you thought a dumb as shit contrived movie was smart

Remember when you said I masturbate?

How about when you said I smoke crack and smoke weed?

Dude, I could drink a gallon of petrol a day fro breakfast and you’d still look like the dumber Cunt in this thread

Dude, I could drink a gallon of petrol a day fro breakfast and you’d still look like the dumber Cunt in this thread

Let me know when you edit that into something other than an incoherent mess.

So if one word is off it becomes an incoherent mess to you?

You must hate it when an error pops up on the 400th page of a book.

It’s always an act of desperate retardation when a person points out grammatical flaws as a comeback

What else can you scrape up from that empty barrel of yours?

Don’t hate mate 👍🏼

It’s not hate, it’s being objective

I don’t hate anyone here.

All this boils down to is that you have no respect for anyone with an opinion other than your own. Period.

You just HAVE to be right, even when you're wrong. You can't concede an inch of your stubborn, obstinate point of view because it will hurt your fragile little ego.

I've repeatedly said you're entitled to your opinion but ask that you don't just deride this film and claim objectivity when the majority of everyone else who has seen this movie finds it favorable. Oh okay, EVERYONE else is wrong except you when you claim its garbage. Give me a fucking break. This film is overwhelmingly reviewed positively by most critics and moviegoers but no, you just dismiss that and stomp your feet because you want to be right.

That alone paints you as an idiot.

So go fuck yourself and the girlfriend you rode in on.

It doesn’t boil down to that at all, in fact, our roles are reversed.

I’m the one being objective and raising valid examples of contrived writing - you just kept going in about how I like other movies that are worse as though it helps your argument in any way.

I even said that I wouldn’t argue that other movies I like are objectively good.

You’re the one all hung up on opinions

Remember I talked about your broken logic?

Well there it is, right there n your post.

Read the thread again, I have focus - you do not.

Just face it, you’re out of your element.

Wrong.

You claimed it was contrived that she dropped the bottle of medication.

I replied that it's perfectly plausible that a person who is being chased down and rushing to get into a car would drop something. To you that's absurd and contrived. To me that's perfectly reasonable. But then you call me an idiot for disagreeing.

Then you say everything about the film is contrived.

I reply that there are almost always contrived elements to any film purely due to the fact that it's fictional and completely make-believe. And I point out that many films which you enjoy are largely contrived as well. But no, those are good and what I say is bad.
Oh okay.

Then you say you're objective but again you just flat out say you're right and I'm wrong. That's the exact opposite of being objective. You're not even willing to entertain the idea that someone else might be right.

So you can wave around your arrogance and act like you're right and dismiss me for disagreeing, but seriously, you just look like a stubborn, unyielding idiot.

Congratulations.

Nah man - let’s just get this straight.

You are wrong and don’t seem to comprehend what the term “contrived writing” means.

The rest is just a bunch of your jumbled thoughts spewed onto the screen in some weird little defensive manner

Really want me to spoon feed you on what makes the pill bottle drop a blinding example of contrived writing - just one of many?

I can, easily.

Aw how sad.

You're so stupid.

You don't even understand what I'm saying.

You poor dear.

Take some more drugs. It will make it all better.

That’s a weak deflection right there - a pretty obvious one

I’m still fascinated about your lack of understanding when it comes to talking about “writing contrivances”.

Like, you explained a version of the plot of Nightmare in Elm st as an example

It looks like all you did was look up the definition of “contrived” without understanding at all what it means in terms of writing. Is that what happened?

Scroll back a bit and you’ll see where you started explaining it as though, since it started off as a human idea, it must be an example of contrived story telling.

That’s my one take away from this back n’ forth

“When people say something is contrived, it usually means that particular element of the story was forced. To me it means the author got lazy. Example: two main characters have been legitimately bickering the whole story and in the last chapter they fall in love. Even if the reader secretly wanted them to get together, if you as an author don’t put the time in to make that match believable”

There’s an example to help you understand what contrived writing is.

You can do the math an apply it to this stupid movie yourself

All works of fiction are contrived in that they rely on things that never actually happened. Some may seem more contrived than others. It does not change that they are products of the imagination rather than fact. Facts are things that are never contrived. Unless a story is purely factual, it is at least partly contrived, sometimes moreso than others.

So again, people coming back from the dead = contrived. Not real. It's happened over and over and over again in film which makes it cliched. These are two different things.

Whether someone likes how it is done or not is a matter of opinion.

You have your opinion. And you refuse to acknowledge mine. In doing so, you are not being objective.

End.

Nah nah this isn’t the end, this is a fuckin’ awesome example of the problem with your brain here - and that’s my new focus in this thread, remember?

Anyway, you’ve kind of applied the broad definition of “contrived” here to what we’re talking about. You know, like how these words I’m writing are contrived and all fantasy was contrived.

That’s not what I’m talking about when I say the writing is contrived. Nobody means that.

Are you pretending not to get it or do you actually not get it?

Are you just trying to do some sort of mental acrobatics with semantics to be right “in some way” or what?

To repeat, all fictional stories are contrived to a certain degree. Some moreso than others. You're watching a sci-fi horror movie and claiming things are contrived. Well no shit, it's make believe!

Yes some writing can be more contrived than others. Some are so blatantly obvious that they are generally agreed on as "contrived writing" as a matter of critique. Again, a woman being chased and dropping something is a perfectly reasonable thing to happen but you're calling it contrived as though it's so unbelievable that it comes across as foolishly written. Okay well that may be your opinion, but its not something that is so outlandish that it seems implausible.

Sorry if you can't follow along, but I can't help it if you're stupid.

I’ll just let you believe you dug your way out of that one

I'll just let you believe you sound even remotely coherent

He does seem drunk.

I’ve 30 mins to go, but not sure I’m going to bother finishing it.

The movie feels like 10 mins of story stretched into over 2 hours.

Extremely mediocre and boring.

But nobody believes her!

Like… like… domestic abuse is invisible.. like an invisible man… therefore THIS MOVIE MUST BE GOOD!!!!

Hated it.

Every time a thread gets bumped with wings
A bookshop's cashier's register rings!

That's a shame!! I was hoping it'd be great, as Oliver Jackson-Cohen is one of my favourite actors.

Then the renewed earth would reclaim city and town, leaving only Ghost Dancers and those who lived by nature’s laws.

No idea who that is, but the mud crab they cast as the lead was irritating - that’s probably the writer’s fault though.

If only she could rationally explain her situation to just one person… just one time…

He played Adrian. If you've seen Hill House or Bly Manor, he's Luke Crain / Peter Quint.

Then the renewed earth would reclaim city and town, leaving only Ghost Dancers and those who lived by nature’s laws.

Oh yeah, he was really good in Bly Manor!

Haven’t seen Hill House for a while so can’t remember.

He’s just IN the Invisible Man, I don’t think he had much to do in it.

Think he was only in a couple of scenes.

Ah, then pthh. If the lead is annoying, the plot sucks, and Cohen isn't even in it, there's no reason to give it a chance. Thanks for the warning!

You’re really good with literature and words etc, so it’d be so cool if you could watch it and explain to AJ what makes it one of the most contrived movies recently released in theatres.

Apparently that’s beyond my abilities

I would love her to watch the film and discuss how themes of abuse both physical and emotional are demonstrated in this film.

Can't wait to hear what a woman thinks about a movie about an abused girl who gets vengeance on the man who attacks and attempts to destroy her.

Yeah I'd love for her to explain a thing or two to you.

But your disdain for women might get in the way.

Objectively speaking, of course.

My girlfriend hated the shit out of the movie as well, so I guess that kind of stumps you on that one

Still waiting to hear what Jackie has to say.

No offense but if some woman chooses to be your girlfriend than she's an even bigger idiot than you are.

She might be, but that would still make her at least 28x smarter than you.

Oh, you should go whine about forum gossip for another 15 years - that would be a fruitful effort!

I can’t wait for you to start typing big fuckin paragraphs that I won’t bother reading like you’ve done with Gameboy and whoever else so many times over the years.

Anyway - I’ll be back!

Go take a toilet break or something.

I guess I've been voluntold. I'll watch it this weekend while the hubby's at his garage job.

Awesome

I forgot to watch it. We had a family birthday party yesterday and went to Disney today. Soon, sorry.

Not good enough!!!

I need you to take note of the plot contrivances so that AJ can tell you that there aren’t any because A Nightmare on Elm st and that all ideas are contrived

Also, if you notice any it’s because you’re white and you hate women