Directors : I really like to see more films from black female directors

I really like to see more films from black female directors

There are so many already and that makes me feel proud. Its difficult to find their films when im searching for movies to watch. I need a specific category to go straight to for their films.

I feel kind of separated from their contribution to the film industry.

Are there any?

Are there any?

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼 (The Cat just got even weirder. See The Mandela Effect.) 😸

Are there any?

Dee Rees

Her film Pariah is wonderful! She also made Mudbound which i liked.

Yes there are.

I just checked on IMDb, and it turns out there are several. In no particular order:

Euzhan Palcy
Juila Dash
Troy Byer
Ava DuVernay
Gina Prince-Bythewood
Darnell Martin
Dee Rees

I just added Dee Rees.

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼 (The Cat just got even weirder. See The Mandela Effect.) 😸

Are there any?

Ohhh Euzhan Palcy's Sugar Cane Alley is really good!!

Ava DuVernay's Selma is good too. Thats all i've seen.

Re: I really like to see more films from black female directors

Only director like that I know of is that chic that directed A Wrinkle in Time.

Don't watch it, though.

Oh Ava DuVernay. She made Selma too which was pretty good tho.

Yeah, just looked her up.

Selma is definitely what she's known for.

I like that she had 2 other movies that look crap, but are at least actual character dramas - not just something revolving around American racial shit.

Refreshing to see because black folk always seem so obsessed with being black folk and how they're different from white folk.

I really love what Jordan Peele is doing but even his stuff is about or alludes to race shit

Lol well i think its about representation and emancipation u and i wouldnt know about at all since we are whities

Yeah, I wouldn't know about that

I do know that they sabotage their own representation in the industry by focusing too much on their own representation in the industry.

If they want success they should want a wider audience than a minority of people in one country dealing with emotions that "whities just don't understand".

I imagine a world where Black people are pumping out White Exploitation Cinema, where whity always gets his way and won't be brought down by no *N-word-here*!

They'd make a killing and completely dominate hollywood.

Lol

Harold,the singing angel harks.

Idk man

I do. Spelled it out for you n' all.

Ok thanks i guess, i have nothing to add tho 👌

I'll assume racism either way.

OK JACK

Be sure to check this pointless response.

I have 😂😭

It needed to be said.

Look, i everyone gets criticism about their work. People just arent interested in seeing what youre talking about. And i agree. There were too many made.

Black people in the US have been allowed to prosper so that we can get to this point. So…why cant black directors go for it! I wanna see them direct other kind of movies and direct a majority cast of white actors. If Jordan Peele wants to keep doing his thing, then we can stop him. If Spike Lee wants to stick with what he does, we cant stop him either.

I want more black directors making good films as well. All it really means for me is there'd be more good movies to see.

Seen Black Dynamite? I fuckin' love it

Would you get the fuck out of my thread, Sophie? Youre just some stupid annoying internet troll.

Wait what

Yes there are.

Check out my post below, and then you can watch films by these ladies. And you're welcome.

Yes there are.

And you're welcome.

your smug attitude gets on my nerves.

Anyway. I made this thread to get the attention of the people who can actually fulfill my desire. And just in case youre thinking im talking about sex, im not either. Im still talking about my original thread topic.

Yes there are.

Why are you having so many problems with punctuation now, sweetie?

Azn: SUIIT UP, YOU UGLUB POECE PF SHIRT.

Yes there are.

Smug? Moi??

I couldn’t care less if a director is black, white, male, female or a lesbian tranny from planet lollipop land.

Bump…hello?

@To whom it may concern. You know who you are!

Id really like this. I think those women deserve more exposure to mainstream since youre constantly stalking my web activities and whatever else in real life.

Why dont help black female directors out. You know what im talking about.

Oh so we can see MORE films that highlight how bad it was for black folks like 300 years ago? yeah, seen it. Get over it.

IM NOT A MONGO IM NOT I NEVER WAS STOP IT

There are no black female directors anyway. Donna’s trippin’.

NIGG* SHE ALWAYS TRIPPIN.

I agree, i was tired of it seeing those movies long before mainstream got tired of it. Ive felt they always needed to focus less on those type of stories and try directing other types of movies.

I hardly watch films about slavery or about the civil rights movement or movies about gang members.
Im not writing a screenplay for them. They can find a regular screenplay of any film genre and then direct white actors.

Right?

Jordan peel makes a point about making all the main stars in his movies black and thats all well and good, I just cant help but feel that if a white director did that, things would be said, is all.

His movies are horrendously overrated. I didn’t even bother finishing Us, which was hilariously bad .

Chinese-Indonesian, Scandinavian, German, Dutch, French, English-Irish - 5'2"-5'4"
Blog