0% 0 votes
Wilt Chamberlain
0% 0 votes
Bill Russell
0% 0 votes
Other
0% 0 votes

Re: Best basketball player ever

I’m going with Jordan overall but Kareem is also one the greatest ever. I like to judge centers separately because they employ a different skill set and wilt and Russell played in a drastically era of basketball. Lebron is the most versatile player ever.

I would throw Olajuwon on the list there too Because for several years in the 90s he was the best player in the NBA. Only player to win the MVP, finals MVP, a championship and defensive player of the year in the same season. Nobody will ever do that again.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

Only player to win the MVP, finals MVP, a championship and defensive player of the year in the same season

Because Jordan didn't play that year. Had he, he would have won all of those accolades, plus the All-Star MVP, Most Improved Player and the Sixth Man of the Year award.

I personally think the Rockets could have still won the championship that year if Jordan was playing. But yes it’s possible Jordan could have won MVP.

-Erin Wotherspoon

No way in hell Houston would have won. They barely even managed to beat the Knicks. This was Jordan in his prime. His dad just got murdered. He would have been out for blood. It would have been a sweep.

There’s no transitive property in sports. Just because a team struggled with one team doesn’t mean they couldn’t have beaten another. The Rockets couldn’t have beaten the Bulls in a game 7? Why the hell not?

And saying the Bulls would have swept is a massive insult to Olajuwon.

-Erin Wotherspoon

Olajuwon sucks dick. Suggesting that a trash team like Houston would beat the 3-peat, would have been 4-peat Chicago Bulls, is an insult to Michael Jeffrey Jordan's dead dad. Shame on you.

Several years? He had a year and a half to two years as being the best in the league.

And I guarantee you someone will be able to win MVP, Finals MVP, and DPOY in the same year. The Greek Freak and Joel Embiid are two likely candidates.

Goodbye

Two years is several ! And the likelihood of Joel or Giannis winning all four of those awards is low because of the density of competition. There’s a lot more parity in the NBA now then there was in the 90s. You’re telling me Kawhi or Lebron or KD or Harden or Steph isn’t going to win an MVP over Embiid or Giannis mutiple times?

Can they win 3/4? He’ll yeah. They’re not getting all four.

-Erin Wotherspoon

And the likelihood of Joel or Giannis winning all four of those awards is low because of the density of competition.
The likelihood of them winning was going to be low regardless. Remember, only one person has done it, so accomplishing that feat was always going to be a tall task.
You’re telling me Kawhi or Lebron or KD or Harden or Steph isn’t going to win an MVP over Embiid or Giannis mutiple times?
Well, yeah. KD isn't going to be the KD of old, Steph could do it, but I highly doubt it. He's getting up there in age, and he better hope he'll still be able to play this way in two-three years time. LeBron is 35. Harden isn't going to win it again unless he averages over 40 points a game. Kawhi could do it, but he'd have to play more than 60 games a season.

Giannis and Embiid are younger than all three of those dudes. I mean, Giannis could win all three this year if they restart the season. Dude was the favorite to win the MVP, the Bucks were the best team in the NBA and likely would've won the Championship, and he could've also won DPOY.

So yeah.

Goodbye

Do you think the NBA is going to start the next season from scratch or pick up from the point they left off? πŸ€”

-Erin Wotherspoon

They will have a month long training program to get players back in shape and then all teams will play their last 5 games on the schedule before the playoffs begin in July or August.

How many of those guys have fucked Madonna? Dennis Rodman was the man.

He gave her Herpes.

"That's a dumb question, Miss Glenn’s Organ."

"Dennis Rodman was the man"

EAT FRESH!

EAT FRESH!

Jordan. You’re all uneducated millennial swine.

Educate yourselves.

I think there's a tie at the top with Jordan and LeBron. Jordan likely would've gone to eight straight finals had he not taken two years off to play baseball, and LeBron going to eight straight and nine overall shouldn't be discounted any. LeBron also went to his first finals when he was 22 and he was literally all by himself.

Goodbye

Please compare the Eastern Conference competition when Jordan did it compared to Lebron’s run.

No contest.

I don’t see how it can possibly be close to a tie when one is 6-0 in the Finals while the other is is 3-6.

It's not like the Eastern Conference was all that great back then. We like to think the other Eastern Conference teams were great, but can you really say there was ever an Eastern Conference team that most likely would've won it if the Bulls didn't make it? The only one that had a really good shot at doing so was the 1996-1997 Heat team.

Of course, the teams LeBron went through weren't really all that great from 2016 to 2018. But those Pistons teams in the late 2000s and those Celtics teams with Paul Pierce, Garnett, Rondo, and Ray Allen were really fuckin good.

Goodbye
β–² Top