The Walking Dead : My fav hattricks as of now

My fav hattricks as of now

Re: My fav hattricks as of now

Talented wop

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

He is indeed Italian.

Brazillian?

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

I know an Italian name when i see it

On his father's side, he is of Italian and Spanish descent, the great-grandson of immigrants from the northcentral Adriatic Marche region of Italy and Catalonia, and on his mother's side, he has primarily Italian ancestry.

So do I.

His name is Messi…

Right, his parents are Italian.

Does that sound Spanish?

Maybe a little bit I guess.

Yes. His name isn't though.

It isn't what?

Do I not understand this conversation because of sports or is this just a bad conversation?

I'm pretty sure it's Styg trying to teach me something about Messi's heritage that I already knew.

I had a friend with the last name 'gotto' -kind of like cat in Spanish, it sounds the same. I always thought that was cool.

But he was Italian and he lived in America. These things can be complicated

There need to be more crossover slurs. It would come in handy in a situation like this. I'm not aware of any Argentine slurs though. Maybe something like a wopteño, which would be a blend of wop and porteño (someone from Buenos Aires), but porteño isn't even a slur. sigh…

it's getting harder and harder to be a bigot these days

Gaucho

Yeah, but I don't think they would take offense to it.

well yeah, if they're going to do a gaucho dance after beating them in the world cup, then that's no good. But I don't think it's typically offensive to just use the term casually like other more well-known slurs. But I don't know. I'll go to an Argentine market and start calling them gauchos and report back.

Or, since you clearly don't know much about this particular subject, you could not express an ignorant opinion?

It's offensive. The end.

oh and you do! you google 'is gaucho offensive' and now you're the expert!

I'm not sure you're all there, my friend. The discussion is only minutes old and you've already forgotten how it unfolded.

I have no issue with how any of this unfolded.

Nor do I. If you think I had to Google what gaucho meant, that just shows it was a new word to you. Yet, here you are telling the person who taught it to you what it means. And then not being quite sure. But it's definitely not offensive. You know that much, somehow.

Go ask an argentine if the word gaucho is offensive to them.

You're the one who seems uncertain. I'm fully content with my understanding of the word, so knock yourself out learning about it.

Great, you're content not having any knowledge from actual argentines. Have fun with that.

Why do you think I don't already know what Argentines think of the word?

Is negro offensive? Every time? Regardless of context? No matter who says it or who they say it to?

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Because if you did you would know it’s not offensive.

Who's the expert now…?

Get out of here, you idiot.

Me. Thank you for finally acknowledging it.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will give away so much about themselves through the way they approach these little online discussions.

I don't talk about shit I just Googled. Clearly, you do. And it shows in the accusations you aimed at me and how you crawled your way through the ensuing exchange.

Have fun this evening, my friend.

Mighty presumptuous of you but I suppose that’s what it takes to walk away from this discussion with the orgasmic level of satisfaction you seem to have achieved from it. I hope you have a pleasant evening as well.

Don't be upset. I hate it when I upset people.

Let's just move on and find something new to discuss.

Friends?

Sure, what the hell. We probably already are anyway.

*Groucho

Names that end in I are usually Italian. My mom's maiden name is Rossi

I'm familiar with people confusing Spanish and Italian names. My last name is Spanish but people have thought it was Italian

That makes a lot of sense. Spanish and Italian are really similar languages too.

Yes, but his name isn't.

I don't click links for suspicious sites.

Messi is an Italian name. The player was born in Argentina, but both his maternal and paternal families are Italian.

Ergo, dude's a wop, just as my sock so articulately declared.

Lol suspicious sites

Yes, thank you for finally understanding that he's actually Italian but was born in Argentina.

I don't need anybody's permission to consider them a wop. If they have Italian heritage, they're a wop.

My sock made a very valid observation. You should apologize to it. And me.

Whatever, dude.

Yes. But my sock isn't.