Books : Story reading time….

Story reading time….

@Leopold I think you might enjoy this.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Re: Story reading time….

Meanwhile I found some lesser known Conan Doyle short stories…

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8424687@N08/

Great stories! I loved them both!

Loved it. I want to listen to more stories like this.

I’m here right now because my parents had sex.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Going to listen to these when I relax before bed. Perfect atmosphere for that.

I’m here right now because my parents had sex.

I prefer reading them instead of listening to them.

Dodged Hitler's Oven

I enjoy reading them as well. Especially real books, though. Not a fan of kindle. I like to flip through the pages. It's easier for reference points and I like the tactile sensation of holding the paper, the smell of a book, all of that.

I was thinking of building myself a mini-library with 1000 books. I have 60 or 70 books in my collection currently.

You can buy old used books from amazon for a cheap bargain. So like with 1000 dollars you maybe able to buy 1000 books! Imagine that!

10,000 dollars for 10,000 books!

Dodged Hitler's Oven

I already have a huge collection of books. Probably several hundred, as in more than 500. I've got dozens of bookcases. The ones with glass doors to protect my more revered books, then metallic open bookcases in the basement. I kept all my textbooks from school as well, so they all add up.

I've been collecting books since I was a teen. A good place was also when libraries were closing down. It makes moving a total bitch though.

That's amazing. Over 500! Which authors' books you got them most ? Which genre you prefer.

From 500 you can up the ante to make it 1000 plus. All you need is a 500 dollar investment.

Amazon sells used books. They cost anywhere between 0.5-1.0 more or less a piece. So instead of wasting 15-20/50 dollar on one book, you buy 50 for 50, literally!

Dodged Hitler's Oven

I have 100s too ok?

Turn them into 1000, 5000, 10,000!

Dodged Hitler's Oven

i have books, too!

ti esrever dna ti pilf nwod gnaht ym tup i.

how many!

Dodged Hitler's Oven

a couple…. i haven't counted them, but it's well over 10

name some of them if possible.

i gots me harry potter series complete too. completed reading the series for the second time in 20 years. hurried up the ending of book 7 therefore didnt enjoy whatever was being written in the last 50 pages.

Dodged Hitler's Oven

Les miserables, Wuthering Heights, Infinite Jest, Madame Bovary, Dead Souls, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, To the Lighthouse, The Waves, Alice in Wonderland, Alice Through the Looking Glass, The Magic Mountain, War and Peace, Germinal, a complete edition of all Jack London novels, a complete edition of all Jane Austen novels, Kafka's works, The Bell Jar, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker series, A Song of Ice and Fire series, The Handmaid's Tale, The Notebook, The Piano Player, Malina, a couple of Balzac novels i haven't read yet, Elias Canetti's autobiography in 3 volumes, some Faulkner novels i haven't read yet, T.C. Boyle's The Terranauts, Hanya Yanagihara's A Little Life, Gravity's Rainbow, V., Vineland, Mason & Dixon, Bleeding Edge, Paul Auster's 4 3 2 1 , a couple of Philip Roth novels i haven't read yet etc etc etc

WOW u said 10 these are like 50!

Dodged Hitler's Oven

yeah i don't like to brag

obviously u got a better collection than i do. i dont wanna find them then start typing them all. i showed some of them on cam on tinychat.

Dodged Hitler's Oven

90% of what i read is fiction, so i'm sure u got a way better non-fiction collection.

i dont have a single non-fiction book LAWL

Dodged Hitler's Oven

LAWL Ben 😂

Hi, little Sophie.

hello Sun kissed raisin!!

Alison Weir is my favourite author, and I have all of her books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Weir

I enjoy reading history, especially that of England and Scotland, also of Russia (especially Catherine the Great…wow what a life little Princess Sophie had) . I also really like military history. I've got books on Mary Baker Eddy, Florence Nightingale, the history of the FBI (read the book LEAK if you want a very good read), I enjoy biographies quite a bit as well, my favourites being Katharine Hepburn and Patton.

I'm big into anatomy and physiology, so loads of that (ergo lots of text books as well as those for enjoyment). Lots of books on fitness and nutrition. Psychology as well.

I rarely read fiction.

I rarely read fiction.

Not even classics such as by Cormie Mccarthicas? Victor Hugos and Moby dicks?

I enjoy reading history, especially that of England and Scotland, also of Russia (especially Catherine the Great…wow what a life little Princess Sophie had) . I also really like military history. I've got books on Mary Baker Eddy, Florence Nightingale, the history of the FBI (read the book LEAK if you want a very good read), I enjoy biographies quite a bit as well, my favourites being Katharine Hepburn and Patton.

I'm big into anatomy and physiology, so loads of that (ergo lots of text books as well as those for enjoyment). Lots of books on fitness and nutrition. Psychology as well.

British history, UK history in general, russian, plus biology. No likey fiction. Gotcha.

Dodged Hitler's Oven

I don't read much fiction, but I forgot. I have a pretty large collection of Terry Pratchett's work, the Discworld series. My favourite being Wyrd Sisters and Mort.

I do have Good Omens, and American Gods (can't recommend that high enough).

But proportionately, I've got much fewer fiction books, they're sort of cupboarded away.

That being said, I do carry a copy of Good Omens with me in my backpack everywhere I go.

I don't read much fiction, but I forgot. I have a pretty large collection of Terry Pratchett's work, the Discworld series. My favourite being Wyrd Sisters and Mort.

i know discworld games didnt know they were books initially!

I prefer discworld noir over the original game

Good Omens and American Gods. Thanks lil.

Dodged Hitler's Oven

Nope, different Discworld series:

games are based on the books, lil.

looks amazing.

Dodged Hitler's Oven

Arent you the user who considers herself a vampire? I just finished reading The Night Flier in Nightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King. He saw the vampire pilot's blood urine swirling down the drain as he was getting pummelled by the police because they found him on the crime scene, the vampire disappeared as a bat, raining night sky, langoliered airport before it was.

Dodged Hitler's Oven

I've never been able to get through a single Stephen King book except Gerald's Game. I've tried. He's popular, and I've enjoyed the movie adaptations. So many people are huge fans, so I kept trying, but….he's just not for me.

Understandable. He and Cormac go rough in their description. You will definitely not like The Road or Blood Meridian for example. I also was reading Siddharta by Esse, stopped reading when i was on page 86.

"Then he praised himself, found joy in himself, …"

tl;dr methinks this book is all about enjoying the present, baby buddha nature.

Dodged Hitler's Oven

wow what a life little Princess Sophie had

👸

kiss me on my forehead darling

Dodged Hitler's Oven

👍👍👍

I hoped that you'd like it Lilith

LOL. 🤡🌎