Books : Bought 2 books yesterday

Bought 2 books yesterday

Siddhartha
Novel by Hermann Hesse

Seems edited by the local publishers. They added monotheism into it, making me wanna slaughter monotheists all over the world. You never ever edit the original text to conform to your beliefs. Very unprofessional. Puffin has a bad rep. Penguin is considered reliable. (as in no one buys puffin they are cheaper than penguin apparently same company puffin is for children)

On page 55 out of 135 (should be 155 goddamn these bastard publishers)

The Old Man and the Sea
Novel by Ernest Hemingway

Just read one or two pages. Looks good.

There were other new books too in that store, like communist manifesto by karl marx. This publisher sucks though. Text seems edited.

Waiting for Stephen King books to arrive that i ordered them. Owner says they'll be there by Friday. Fingers crossed, palms joined, fingers tangled inside each other's graspoids in prayer.

Re: Bought 2 books yesterday

SECOND PART
Dedicated to Wilhelm Gundert, my cousin in Japan

KAMALA

Reading this chapter currently.

I love Kamala! You just knew when he started slapping his belly and climbing that rope someone was about to get fucked up!

haha! i've never seen that.

I remember when NWO put The Rock in the ambulance. Those were the R rated days where you could do shit to each other in and around the arena.

Ever read moby dick

It's very genre specific. I love the author's extreme enthusiasm the way he writes. However it's about life in the sea and about Leviathans and whales. I prefer Treasure Island over it. Was going through few lines of it earlier.

I was reading moby dick then I took a break down not cause of the book just the timing I guess so I’m gonna have to reread it I was enjoying it but then I only got half way through 👎🏻

Did you enjoy the sermon by the priest in that 19th century american city?

Father Mapple is a fictional character in Herman Melville's novel Moby-Dick (1851). … Ishmael, the narrator of the novel, hears Mapple's sermon on the subject of Jonah, who was swallowed by a whale but did not turn against God. The sermon presents themes which concerned Melville and run through the rest of the novel.

https://www.bartleby.com/91/9.html

Chapter IX
The Sermon

FATHER MAPPLE rose, and in a mild voice of unassuming authority ordered the scattered people to condense. ‘Starboard gangway, there! side away to larboard—larboard gangway to starboard! Midships! midships!’ 1
There was a low rumbling of heavy sea-boots among the benches, and a still slighter shuffling of women’s shoes, and all was quiet again, and every eye on the preacher. 2
He paused a little; then kneeling in the pulpit’s bows, folded his large brown hands across his chest, uplifted his closed eyes, and offered a prayer so deeply devout that he seemed kneeling and praying at the bottom of the sea. 3
This ended, in prolonged solemn tones, like the continual tolling of a bell in a ship that is foundering at sea in a fog—in such tones he commenced reading the following hymn; but changing his manner toward the concluding stanzas, burst forth with a pealing exultation and joy:—

‘The ribs and terrors in the whale
Arched over me a dismal gloom,
While all God’s sun-lit waves rolled by,
And lift me deepening down to doom.

‘I saw the opening maw of hell,
With endless pains and sorrows there;
Which none but they that feel can tell—
Oh, I was plunging to despair.

‘In black distress, I called my God,
When I could scarce believe him mine,
He bowed his ear to my complaints—
No more the whale did me confine.

‘With speed he flew to my relief,
As on a radiant dolphin borne;
Awful, yet bright, as lightning shone
The face of my Deliverer God.

‘My song forever shall record
That terrible, that joyful hour;
I give the glory to my God,
His all the mercy and the power.’

Which Stephen King novels did you order? Tell me more!

I asked her if she liked it.
She said "Stupid movie."

The Stand plus few others. I already bought It from him. It's phat as in 1500 pages of highest quality authorship. Stephen King writes like no one else.

As Richard Bachman i want his 'The Long Walk,' 'Thinner,' few more

I have many of his novels and short story compilations.

Salem's Lot
The Shining
The Duma Key
IT
Hearts in Atlantis
Firestarter
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
Dolores Clairborn
Different Seasons
Ten Past Midnight
Pet Cemetary
11/22/63 (my favorite)

I haven't read 11/22/63 yet in paperback hardcover yet. I should have ordered that one too.

That's a nice list. I used to have 30-40 of his. First novel i read of his was that car one. Christine i think. I gots now 5-6 of his collection.

It
The Dark Tower (one of them)
Insomnia
Carrie
Misery

ah shucks wont bother looking for them right now.

His books with short stories apparently have the best novellas inside them.

You got some.

Thank you stamma for that. The book mentions his suicide on the first page on his biography. WTF!

I found mocking jay and wUthering heights really boring but I love stuff like David copper field

how many books do you have in your collection?

Depends on which genre of books you like, and what kind of a mood you are in.

I like all types of books. Depends on mood which i am in.

Major themes from Wuthering Heights, including childhood, nature, love, religion, duality, isolation, gender roles, feminism, marriage and more. Evidence of Romanticism in the novel. The novel's use of supernatural elements.

Wuthering Heights was banned in Quebec, Canada because of its disrespectful references towards god and its language. Another thing was the story; it was bluntly and openly tragic and dark, presenting ideas about man that many people preferred to stay away from. This was strongly frowned upon.

Heathcliff grows restless towards the very end of the novel and stops eating. Nelly Dean does not believe that he had the intention to commit suicide, but that his starvation may have been the cause of his death. He wanted to be with Cathy in eternal life. laid on his back.

😭

https://crossref-it.info/textguide/wuthering-heights/35/2464

A variety of religious beliefs

Characters in Wuthering Heights represent a range of religious beliefs and attitudes:

Joseph espouses maxims from the Bible but is portrayed as a hypocrite and is compared to the Pharisees. There is no love or mercy in his attitude, only judgement. As the most obviously religious character in the novel, he establishes an atmosphere of harsh Christianity, based on punishment and strict, restrictive rules. (See Characterisation: Joseph, for more.) Emily Brontë, more than her sisters, seems to have largely rejected her father’s Christian faith, perhaps because she spent more time at home than they did.

Nelly’s generally caring attitude seems to stem from a basic Christian belief. She is happy to leave judgement and justice to God.

Lockwood shows no strong religious belief, but his dream of the sermon in Chapter 3 establishes the idea of forgiveness of sin which is relevant throughout the novel. We might observe that there is plenty of sin and not much forgiveness.

Catherine and Heathcliff establish their own religious ideologies, including their own versions of ‘heaven’ based on their love of nature. At the end of the novel, Heathcliff has clearly rejected Christian beliefs and the author seems to suggest that Heathcliff and Catherine may be able to inhabit their own heaven together after death. Both characters are linked with supernatural powers other than the Christian God. In Chapter 17, Isabella recounts how Heathcliff prays for revenge to a god of ‘senseless dust and ashes’.

Most other characters seem to have little religious sensibility. Although, in Catherine’s childhood, attendance at church and visits from the curate are regular occurrences, these are not sustained once the older Earnshaws die, nor have they had a clear impact on the behaviour of the protagonists. Arguably, characters as diverse as Edgar and Hindley would benefit from pursuing Christian virtues. Even Isabella sees revenge as the only way to relieve her suffering.

This young adult novel follows protagonist Katniss Everdeen as she fights in a futuristic rebellion against a sadistic dictatorship run by President Snow. (is that where that user got his name?) Mockingjay largely explores the psychological and emotional costs of war. Panem is a dictatorship that maintained its power after a failed rebellion.

No I didn’t mean the hunger game’s I LOVED the hunger game’s read them all within a week I think I meant the famous book something call a mocking jay

You know what book I really enjoyed the catcher in the rye

the catcher in the rye

shitty book. ull find better fan-fiction on the internets. for example watch that marilyn monroe fan movie thats better than the book

p.s. jew shutin aspie is sperging out atm. editing my text trying to ruin my 5th laptop. bitch cant afford a 50 dollar smartphone.

Are you talking about To Kill a Mockingbird? If so, that was a great novel.

She said "Stupid movie."

Lol that’s it lol yeah I couldn’t get into it

How are you today?

She said "Stupid movie."

Let me see. Which page i was on. I last read it way back 6 months yonder.

Pg 78 of 309 (this edition)

Dont worry scout it aint time to worry yet, said jem. looka yonder.

in a group of neighbours, atticus was standing with his hands in his overcoat pockets. he might…

miss maudie was beside him.

goes on abt abbotsville fire truck pumping on our house

oh their house is on fire.