Documentary : Amazon Prime: House of Suh

Amazon Prime: House of Suh

Another gripping true crime documentary. This one centers on an Asian American over achiever who was manipulated by his older sister into committing murder. It’s most memorable for telling a dark story about the type of family you rarely hear about: first generation Korean Americans and how their immigrant past shaped their values in a way that ends in murder. Worth watching, true crime fans.

Ask Gameboy how old he is Lulz

Re: Amazon Prime: House of Suh

Sounds interesting. I might give it a watch after I'm done with Black Sails.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

I think you’ll like it. Andrew Suh is handsome, intelligent and well spoken. He’s made appeals over his conviction and had his sentence reduced from 100 to 80 years. However with recent controversies involving minors being given excessive prison sentences at a young age, he is hoping for an even more reduced sentence, possibly even freedom. He was 19 and a college sophomore on a full scholarship at the time of committing the murder.

It doesn't matter how handsome, intelligent or well spoken he is. If he committed murder, his ass should rot in jail.

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

Another gripping true crime documentary. This one centers on an Asian American over achiever who was manipulated by his older sister into committing murder. It’s most memorable for telling a dark story about the type of family you rarely hear about: first generation Korean Americans and how their immigrant past shaped their values in a way that ends in murder. Worth watching, true crime fans.

Just watched it and it made me think of my own situation, and although I'm in a difficult one as well, at least I'm alive and not permanently locked up somewhere. That successfull korean family was torn apart by american society. What happened to them is a result of becoming too integrated and or involved with the wrong people. Asians commit less crime, and if they had stayed in Korea, or stuck to themselves in America they wouldn't have ended up the way they did, or acted the way they did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race,_Evolution,_and_Behavior

I’m not sure you can completely blame it on integrating into American society. Many people have asserted that Catherine was a sociopath which places her on a potentially dark path from the beginning. Millions of Koreans have assimilated into American society with vastly different results, most importantly not resulting in murder. The story really begins in Korea with the death of the other Suh sibling and the ramifications are very far reaching after that.

Lol, the "murder", "because she is a sociopath", and "he was manipulated" headlines is media spin. You've watched the documentary, you're supposed to now look past that and have better insight into what happened. The sister wasn't a 'sociopath', both siblings were popular and or highly integrated individuals, and as a result of this became too involved with the wrong people, which lead to that the sister needed to ask her brother for help in a difficult situation, which again resulted in the brother committing the murder, which again also was driven by the fact that their mother was killed while growing up in America. They moved from Korea after an accident, the abuse and crime happen after they come to America. The other Asians who survive and even end up more successfull than other people manage to balance both of these worlds better.

Andrew has stated since the documentary aired that he believes that his sister committed the murder of their mother. And the documentary clearly suggests that Catherine conspired to killer her mother if not being fully responsible.

The murder of their mother was unsolved. I think it's unlikely that the sister would kill her mother for money as an 18 year old kid. Apparently she also had a better relationship with her mother. I think it's more likely that she was killed by a stranger. The brother believed his sister's boyfriend killed their mother, which was the driving force behind the murder the brother committed.

Yes it’s well established that Andrew killed O’dubaine as revenge for his mother’s murder initially. However he has since then publicly acknowledged that his sister manipulated him into believing this when in reality she murdered their mother.

he now believes his then 18-year-old sister killed their mother for an $800,000 estate,

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-andrew-suh-clemency-met-20170708-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Beyond this, some other reasons that a stranger likely didn’t commit the murder in a botched robbery attempt are that only a small amount of money was taken and her expensive wedding ring was left behind. Experts also say that the 37 stab wound she received are indications of a crime of passion with strong emotions behind it which also makes it less likely that a stranger did it.

Yes it’s well established that Andrew killed O’dubaine as revenge for his mother’s murder initially. However he has since then publicly acknowledged that his sister manipulated him into believing this

Wasn't this from a printed interview? In the documentary you get better insight into what actually happened, and the sister didn't 'manipulate' him. She was asking for help because she was in an abusive relationship, and the brother didn't seem to have a better relationship with her boyfriend. It's obvious he did it to help and protect his sister, and also because he himself was threatened by her boyfriend.

when in reality she murdered their mother.

Where does it say this? The murder of their mother is unsolved.

Regarding Elizabeth Suh's unsolved slaying, Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said detectives as recently as this year sent old crime-scene evidence to the Illinois State Police and Northeastern Illinois Regional crime labs hoping advances in forensic testing will yield clues to her attacker's identity.

She clearly manipulated her brother. She was the one who convinced him that murder was the right thing to do to avenge their mother’s death. She made the plan. He was hundreds of miles away at school and flew home at her insistence that she was in danger. That’s manipulation because she coerced her brother into doing the actual murder. She told him to wait in the garage and she lied to O’dubayne to get him to enter the garage where he would be killed. She set the whole thing up.

And the jury agreed and convicted her. If you want to argue that because her mother’s murder is “unsolved” she is absolved of the crime then you need to likewise acknowledge that O’dubane’s murder was unequivocally solved when she was found guilty of conspiring to kill him. She was convicted because everything supported this.

Hey Diddler, Diddler….the cat and the fiddler LOL

I never argued that she wasn't convicted and found guilty (along with the brother) of the murder of her boyfriend. You're arguing that the sister murdered her mother, when in reality that murder is unsolved, and no one has been convicted or found guilty of it.

And again, the brother had had a bad relationship to the sister's boyfriend as well. He fought with him as well, and eventually ended up being threatened by him with a gun. Cleary these things will influence him as well when he committed the murder.

You insisted that she did not manipulate her brother yet she went to prison for doing exactly that. Stop defending a convicted murderer. There is no question that she is guilty.

As for the mother’s murder, you’re ignoring the fact that her own brother believes she is responsible and other factors support this. Their mother was stabbed repeatedly 37 times. It’s unlikely a stranger who was trying to rob her would stab her so many times. The idea that her killer merely wanted to rob her isn’t supported by the fact that little money was taken and her expensive ring was left behind. She was most likely murdered by someone with strong feelings of hatred toward the woman. And her death resulted in an $800,000 payoff that Catherine quickly used to buy a new townhouse as well as a nightclub. She benefitted the most from her mother’s death.

You insisted that she did not manipulate her brother yet she went to prison for doing exactly that. Stop defending a convicted murderer. There is no question that she is guilty.

Again, I never argued that she wasn't found guilty (along with the brother) of the murder of her boyfriend. I'm arguing against the fact that she is responsible of the murder of their mother, which no one has been found guilty of.

As for the mother’s murder, you’re ignoring the fact that her own brother believes she is responsible and other factors support this.

You're ignoring that she wasn't even an adult yet, and also had a better relationship with her mother than her father. Where in the documentary does it say that she had 'strong feelings of hatred' towards her mother? She had a bad relationship with her father, not her mother.

I think you better need to try to look past a lot of manipulated media coverage, or maybe you're just a biased person yourself.

You insisted that her manipulation was just “media spin”. It wasn’t. That’s why she was convicted and given a sentence of 100 years. If she hadn’t manipulated her brother into committing the murder she wouldn’t be in prison. But she is.

Catherine was completely excluded from the inheritance in the will. Their parents left everything to her brother. I’d say that’s a pretty good reason for her to be upset. The only reason she got control of that inheritance was because her brother was a minor and could not get the money directly until he became an adult. But because she was 18 she became his guardian and gained total control over all the money she wasn’t supposed to get. Are you starting to understand it yet?

Also she was the beneficiary for O’dubaine’s life insurance policy. She was going to receive $200,000 if he died.

She is the only person who would have benefitted from both of their deaths. If her brother had been 18 when their mother died she would have received nothing. And if her brother was convicted as the sole murderer of her boyfriend she would have gotten $200,000.

Are you starting to understand it yet?

You're the one who seem unable to look past the biased media coverage of it. Catherine was a KID when her mother was murdered, what did she know or even care about money and 'getting control of inheritance' at that age? And she was in an abusive relationship when her boyfriend was murdered. Making an 18 year old girl look like a money-hungry, cold blooded sociopath and murderer is typical american media manipulation/spin. I mean there's a reason why they tried to make a silly hollywood movie out of it.

Catherine was a KID when her mother was murdered, what did she know or even care about money and 'getting control of inheritance' at that age?

First of all an 18 year old is not a kid. I know you're not too stupid to know this.

Second, she certainly enjoyed spending the money once she got it. She immediately bought a new home and a nightclub, as well as fancy cars for herself and her victim.

If she hadn't murdered her mother she would have received nothing and would have had to pay for those very expensive things herself without any help.

She benefitted the most financially after her mother died and would have benefitted greatly from her boyfried's murder if she hadn't been convicted.

Why are you defending a convicted murderer?

These are plain simple facts. Does it bother you thinking about a Korean woman who manipulates her brother?

Once again, I'm not arguing that she wasn't convicted and found guilty (with her brother) of the murder of her boyfriend.

If she hadn't murdered her mother she

You keep arguing that she murdered her mother, despite the fact that no one has been convicted or found guilty of it.

She benefitted the most financially after her mother died and would have benefitted greatly from her boyfried's murder if she hadn't been convicted.

She was in an abusive relationship with her boyfriend, and this was the reason for why she asked her brother for help. It makes far more sense that she would want to get rid of him because of the abuse.

Does it bother you thinking about a Korean woman who manipulates her brother?

If anyone is bothered by this it's yourself. Aren't you the self-hating gay Asian guy on here who has told me he hates all Asian females.? Isn't that the real reason why you believe and keep arguing that Catherine is a money-hungry, cold blooded, sociopath and serial killer? And isn't that also why you're actually gay?

There are other ways of dealing with a bad relationship, dumbshit. First of all he never physically hit her. So don’t act like she was a battered woman who needed self defense. Are you telling me if you were in an “abusive” relationship the way to deal with it is to call your brother, make him leave school and fly hundreds of mile away so he could wait in a garage to kill your boyfriend? She was a manipulative, cold hearted killer. Did you know her or something? If not then stick to the facts rather than being sympathetic because you also act like fucking bitch to your brother.

And I’m fine with being gay. Are you fine being a psych ward geisha who lives on public assistance because she’s too incompetent to hold a job? Those are facts too by the way, chink face.

First of all he never physically hit her.

Where does it say this?

Suh said his sister claimed O'Dubaine had been "slapping her around" and squandering their family inheritance on gambling debts. But, more shocking, Suh said, she told him her boyfriend was to blame for their mother's 1987 murder, when Andrew Suh was 13.

Are you telling me if you were in an “abusive” relationship the way to deal with it is to call your brother, make him leave school and fly hundreds of mile away so he could wait in a garage to kill your boyfriend? She was a manipulative, cold hearted killer. Did you know her or something? If not then stick to the facts rather than being sympathetic because you also act like fucking bitch to your brother.

Are you an idiot, or something.?

And all that crap is irrelevant when it still makes far more sense that she would want to get rid of her boyfriend because she was in an abusive relationship, and not just because she would benefit financially.

Aren't you the self-hating gay Asian guy on here who has told me he hates all Asian females.? Isn't that the real reason why you believe and keep arguing that Catherine is a money-hungry, cold blooded, sociopath and serial killer? And isn't that also why you're actually gay?

Why are you avoiding these questions.?

And I can't do much with my life when I keep being locked up and drugged down against my will.

“Getting rid” of your boyfriend and murdering him are two very different things. She chose murder instead of leaving.

Aren't you the self-hating gay Asian guy on here who has told me he hates all Asian females.?

Nope. And I challenge you to post proof I said that or to even find someone who will agree with that statement. Good luck, bitch

Isn't that the real reason why you believe and keep arguing that Catherine is a money-hungry, cold blooded, sociopath and serial killer?

Nope. The reason I think that is because she was convicted of murder. And the article below details her money hungry ways.

And isn't that also why you're actually gay?

. No, Chinky Von Chinkerson. My sexuality and her status as a murderer are completely unrelated. Wow you are incredibly stupid

Now how about you answer my questions:

These are plain simple facts. Does it bother you thinking about a Korean woman who manipulates her brother?

Are you fine being a psych ward geisha who lives on public assistance because she’s too incompetent to hold a job?

Nope. And I challenge you to post proof I said that or to even find someone who will agree with that statement. Good luck, bitch

Don't act as if you haven't made it very clear to me before how you feel about being a self-hating ping dong pong.

Nope. The reason I think that is because she was convicted of murder. And the article below details her money hungry ways.

You manipulate facts by claiming she wasn't abused (when she was), and that she killed her mother (when no one has been convicted or found guilty of the murder).

. No, Chinky Von Chinkerson. My sexuality and her status as a murderer are completely unrelated. Wow you are incredibly stupid

I said: Aren't you the self-hating gay Asian guy on here who has told me he hates all Asian females.? And isn't that also why you're actually gay?

I think you’ll like it. Andrew Suh is handsome, intelligent and well spoken.

I've defended and expressed sympathy for the entire family as a whole. You're the one who keeps going after one person.

Does it bother you thinking about a Korean woman who manipulates her brother?

I don't understand the question. No, it bothers me that the media singles out one person, when clearly the entire family got issues, after they moved to America.

Are you fine being a psych ward geisha who lives on public assistance because she’s too incompetent to hold a job?

I'm not fine with being locked up and drugged down against my will, question already answered.

Oh and here’s another article that documents her lavish spending lifestyle following her mother’s death. She was a money hungry greedy sociopath bitch (probably like you). And she was convicted of coercing her brother and conspiring to commit murder. So quit defending her actions acting as though she never manipulated her brother. She did. And being in an abusive relationship doesn’t justify murder.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/redeye/redeye-chicago-tribune-archive-story-catherine-suh-begins-life-term-in-boyfriends-slaying-20130407-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Ignore the facts all you want. The truth is that she was a slutty, greedy Korean bitch like you.

The truth is that she was a slutty, greedy Korean bitch like you.

Nice projection. I've never acted slutty on here or expressed greediness, you however have done and keep doing both.

The full documentary is below (from YouTube)

Umm no thanks lol. I don’t speak Chinese and I’m not about to watch some subtitled $hit

❤️

It's in English

It sounds really fascinating from how you describe it.