Politics : GOP Admins Had 38 Times More Criminal Convictions Than Democrats, 1961-2016

GOP Admins Had 38 Times More Criminal Convictions Than Democrats, 1961-2016

rantt.com/gop-admins-had-38-times-more-criminal-convictions-than-democrats-1961-2016

This is the first in a five-part series on government corruption and how that corruption is investigated.

Republican administrations have vastly more corruption than Democratic administrations. We provide new research on the numbers to make the case.

We compared 28 years each of Democratic and Republican administrations, 1961-2016, five Presidents from each party. During that period Republicans scored eighteen times more individuals and entities indicted, thirty-eight times more convictions, and thirty-nine times more individuals who had prison time.

Given the at least 17 active investigations plaguing President Trump, he is on a path to exceed previous administrations, though the effects of White House obstruction, potential pardons, and the as-yet unknown impact of the GOP’s selection of judges may limit investigations, subpoenas, prosecutions, etc. Of course, as we are comparing equal numbers of Presidents and years in office from the Democratic and Republican parties, the current President is not included.

I crushed the pathetic loser troll Cuck_Venom and rebuilt him as my toilet

Re: GOP Admins Had 38 Times More Criminal Convictions Than Democrats, 1961-2016

It looks like all of those various indictments were all the fault of the Democratic Party. What a bunch of snitches.

it is okay to snitch on republicans they are evil after all

Well the Republicans aren't really snitches so that's why all that data the author of that article collected is biased. If the Republicans believed in snitching as much as the Democratic party, the data would reflect more corruption within the Democratic party than the Republican party.

people who do not believe in snitching is obviously corrupt

I don't agree with that at all. There's always corruption in every facet of society if you look hard enough.

you do not have to look hard to find corruption in the republican party

Then that means to me the Democratic party is better at being corrupt.

better at being less corrupt

Nope, also I stopped caring about this debate because I'm republican all the way now. I'm switching parties. No turning back and I feel strongly about this.

today we learned that you must stay ignorant to stay republican

I already knew that.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

yes I did

President Trump sounded off Tuesday on liberal Supreme Court justices, on CNN's coverage of his administration, on disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein's former allies and more at a lively press conference held at the close of his whirlwind first official visit to India.

The president held court in New Delhi following a tour that included a visit to the iconic Taj Mahal, a rally in front of over 110,000 people with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and a business roundtable earlier Tuesday morning.

SEE THE PHOTOS FROM TRUMP'S INDIA TRIP

He began by addressing a question from Fox News about his overnight Twitter comments saying two Supreme Court justices – Sonia Sotomayor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg – should recuse themselves from cases surrounding his presidency over past comments. He then singled out Sotomayor for particular criticism.

“I just thought it was so inappropriate, such a terrible statement for a Supreme Court justice,” he said. “She’s trying to shame people with perhaps a different view into voting her way, and that’s so inappropriate.”

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
“Sotomayor accuses GOP appointed Justices of being biased in favor of Trump.” @IngrahamAngle @FoxNews This is a terrible thing to say. Trying to “shame” some into voting her way? She never criticized Justice Ginsberg when she called me a “faker”. Both should recuse themselves..

10:09 PM - Feb 24, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
35.1K people are talking about this
Sotomayor, who was nominated by former President Barack Obama in 2009, issued the blistering dissent Friday after a ruling in the case of Wolf v. Cook County.

Sotomayor wrote in her dissent, on a case dealing with the Trump administration's expansion of situations where the government can deny visas to non-citizens looking to enter the U.S., that it is troubling how often the administration is running to the Supreme Court for relief from injunctions against its policies, and how often the court is granting Trump's requests.

"It is hard to say what is more troubling," Sotomayor wrote, "that the Government would seek this extraordinary relief seemingly as a matter of course, or that the Court would grant it."

Trump continued Tuesday: "I just don't know how they can not recuse themselves from anything having to do with Trump or Trump-related. The right thing to do is that."

Trump added: "What Justice Sotomayor said yesterday was really highly inappropriate and everybody agrees to that. Virtually everybody. I've seen papers on it, people cannot believe that she said it."

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
THANK YOU @NarendraModi!🇺🇸🇮🇳 https://twitter.com/narendramodi/status/1231918343113756672

Narendra Modi

@narendramodi
Here is how @POTUS was welcomed in Ahmedabad.

During our first meeting at the White House, @realDonaldTrump told me that India has a friend in the White House. He was absolutely correct!

Together, we will keep working towards deepening bilateral ties between India & USA.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter
12:10 PM - Feb 24, 2020
30.1K people are talking about this
Trump also addressed the potential for Russia meddling in the 2020 election and Harvey Weinstein's rape conviction.

"They went to see Bernie [Sanders] and they told Bernie about something having to do with they want Bernie to win. They did not tell me, intelligence never told me … anything about that and it was sort of a strange thing that they went to Bernie," Trump said, before mentioning reports that the initial claims about 2020 Russian meddling may have been "highly exaggerated" and criticizing the House Intelligence Committee for alleged leaks, blaming Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif.

He later declared: “I want no help from any country, and I haven’t been given help by any country,” before taking shots at CNN reporter Jim Acosta, over a question on the Russia meddling matter.

"Your record is so bad you ought to be ashamed of yourself. You probably have the worst record in the history of broadcasting," Trump charged.

Eamon Javers

@EamonJavers
@Acosta to President Trump, after Trump criticizes CNN: "I think our record on delivering the truth is a lot better than yours sometimes, if you don’t mind me saying."

6:28 AM - Feb 25, 2020
2,275 people are talking about this
As the two talked over each other, Acosta retorted, "I think our record on delivering the truth is a lot better than yours sometimes, if you don’t mind me saying."

On Weinstein, Trump said of the former Hollywood mogul: "I will say, the people that liked him were the Democrats. Michelle Obama loved him, loved him. Hillary Clinton loved him, and he gave tremendous money to the Democrats. And I guess my question is, will the Democrats be asking for that money back?"

Shortly after, Trump had another exchange with the media in attendance, criticizing one reporter for taking a microphone from another.

"You ripped the mic out of her hand, you can't do that," Trump said. "Boy, that wasn't very nice."

Additionally, Trump answered a question about personnel moves in his administration in the wake of stories that it is purging anti-Trump officials.

"We had a whistleblower who was a fake," Trump said, addressing the Ukraine scandal that was the basis for impeachment proceedings against him. "We want to have people who are good to our country, who are loyal to our country."

His administration has defended the moves by saying anyone who wishes to see their preferred policies enacted should run for president.

Trump also addressed questions on a potential trade deal between India and the U.S., the disputed Kashmir region, Venezuela, China's ejection of three Wall Street Journal reporters, alleged Indian discrimination against Muslims, his administration's own travel ban and coronavirus.

In less hard-hitting remarks, Trump also heaped praise on Modi and the red carpet that India laid out for his visit.

"Somebody said it was the greatest greeting ever given to any head of state from any country," Trump said. "I admire your country tremendously … I think it's really a diplomacy of friendship."

At the roundtable just about an hour before the press conference, Trump chatted with various business leaders in a question-and-answer session about the U.S. economy, his efforts to negotiate a trade deal with China, the fight against coronavirus, a potential election-year tax cut for the middle class and his thoughts on the Democratic presidential candidates.

"If I don't win, you're going to see a crash like you've never seen before," Trump boldly claimed the day after the Dow closed down over 1,000 points, dismissing the drop as a minor hiccup in the economy and warning against Democrats' economic plans.

On his visit Monday to the world's largest cricket stadium for a joint rally with Modi, Trump announced a new military partnership between the U.S. and India, a $3 billion deal that will send state-of-the-art military helicopters to the country.

President Donald Trump, with first lady Melania Trump, pause as they tour the Taj Mahal, Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, in Agra, India. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
President Donald Trump, with first lady Melania Trump, pause as they tour the Taj Mahal, Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, in Agra, India. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
TRUMP, MELANIA VISIT FAMED TAJ MAHAL AFTER JOINING MODI FOR MASSIVE INDIA RALLY

“I believe that the United States should be India’s premier defense partner and that’s the way it’s working out," Trump said.

Despite the fact Trump and his wife Melania are joined by a 12-person official delegation, including Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, National Security Advisor Robert O'Brien and Special Representative for International Telecommunications Policy Robert Blair, the military deal is likely to be the only major policy announcement that will come out of Trump's trip.

The delegation's schedule Tuesday included a bilateral meeting with Indian representatives. The two countries are strategically aligned on a number of issues, including containing China, preventing war with nuclear-armed Pakistan and cracking down on Islamic terrorism. One major area the two countries see room to grow in is energy.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

There is a lack of consensus between the U.S. and India on several major issues, but both sides say they are optimistic differences can be worked out.

The president's visit to the subcontinent concludes Tuesday night with a state dinner before he returns to the United States on Wednesday.

I used to know madmen, now I only come across idiots.

nearly 4 out of 5 republicans belong in prison

Your article was written by a troll for trolling. I'm no longer even taking it seriously.

the corruption in the gop is very serious

It's biased.

Look I don't have any political aspirations like you seem to. I'm only stating the facts as I see them. The article forgets to mention immoral behavior committed by Democratic politicians.

what immoral behavior did they forget to mention? even if you falsely add crimes to the democrats, the republican's list of crimes is still so much longer

I dunno. Anthony Wiener is an example.

still a lot more crooks on the republican side

Like I said, the list leaves out a lot of immorality and corruption from the Democratic Party. The Clintons weren't included in the data.

still not even close to the corruptedness of the republicans

There's plenty more. Go find out for yourself.

i could not find any dirt on the democrats i only found more crimes that republicans did

You didn't even try.

yes i did it was you who did not try

President Trump scolded CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta on Tuesday during a press conference in India, telling the reporter he should be “ashamed” and blasting the liberal network.

Acosta asked Trump if he would accept foreign interference in the upcoming election and how he could justify replacing Joseph Maguire as acting director of national intelligence.

The president didn’t appreciate the two-part question.

JIM ACOSTA'S CNN ROLE FURTHER MUDDLED BY BOOK: 'YOU CAN’T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIM AND A PAID PUNDIT'

“First of all, I want no help from any country, and I haven’t been given help from any country,” Trump answered before referencing a report that CNN had to walk back on Sunday. “If you see what CNN, your wonderful network said, I guess they apologized in a way. Didn’t they apologize for the fact that they said certain things that weren’t true? Tell me, what was their apology yesterday? What did they say?”

Acosta fired back, “Mr. President, I think our record on delivering the truth is a lot better than yours sometimes.”

CNN’s Jim Acosta has become a hero among liberals for his combative style when questioning President Trump. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)
CNN’s Jim Acosta has become a hero among liberals for his combative style when questioning President Trump. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)
Trump responded by attacking the credibility of Acosta and CNN.

“Your record is so bad that you ought to be ashamed of yourself. You have probably the worst record in the history of broadcasting,” Trump said as Acosta attempted to interrupt.

“Your record is so bad that you ought to be ashamed of yourself. You have probably the worst record in the history of broadcasting."

— President Trump
TRUMP SCOLDS CNN’S JIM ACOSTA, AS ANGEL MOMS CONFRONT REPORTER IN ROSE GARDEN: ‘YOU HAVE AN AGENDA’

“As far as Maguire is concerned, he’s a terrific guy but on March 11 his time ended anyway… his time came up, so we would have had to, by statute, we would have had to change him anyway,” Trump said.

The combative Acosta then asked if the acting director of national intelligence will have experience in the field.

“Yes, we’re talking to five different people right now. I think all people that you’d know, all people that you respect and I’ll make a decision probably over the next week to two weeks,” Trump said. “We have some very good people.”

CNN’S JIM ACOSTA MOCKED FOR ACCIDENTALLY PROVING THAT BORDER WALLS WORK

Acosta then asked if Maguire was “forced out because he wasn’t sufficiently loyal” to the president.

“No, not at all,” Trump answered.

Acosta quickly became a trending topic on social media after the argumentative exchange, with many criticizing the reporter's behavior:

Joel B. Pollak

@joelpollak
Jim @Acosta calling the president a liar to his face in front of a foreign audience on the basis of nothing is a bad look. He came all the way around the world to make a jerk out of himself

6:29 AM - Feb 25, 2020 · South Carolina, USA
6,999 people are talking about this

Ted Donnelly
@irishted
Jim Acosta again showing how truly reprehensible a journalist he is. @CNN continuing to employ him shows how bad they are as well. #JournalistsAreSupposedToBeNeutral

7:14 AM - Feb 25, 2020
155 people are talking about this

🇺🇸 RockinJoe 🎤
@RockinJoe1
Why is it that Jim Acosta of CNN is allowed at any presidential news conferences? This man obviously hates the president and disrespected him just now in a news conference in India. How is Acosta even good for his network?

6:32 AM - Feb 25, 2020
545 people are talking about this

Carmine Sabia

@CarmineSabia
Jim Acosta is a DNC activist. He should no longer consider himself a journalist and should not be called one. What he did today, in a foreign land is tantamount to treason.

7:20 AM - Feb 25, 2020
2,977 people are talking about this
KELLYANNE CONWAY EMBARRASSES CNN’S JIM ACOSTA DURING HEATED EXCHANGE: 'YOU'RE SUCH A SMARTA–'

Trump and Acosta have sparred on a regular basis over the past four years. The CNN reporter emerged as a hero among progressives early in Trump administration. He also made a habit of shouting questions and feuding with former press secretaries Sean Spicer and Sarah Sanders.

Acosta’s star has fizzled as the White House has reduced the number of press briefings in favor of gaggles and interviews, limiting Acosta’s opportunity to draw attention to himself.

The CNN reporter was briefly banned from the White House back in 2018 after engaging in a contentious back-and-forth with Trump during a press conference, in which he seemed to refuse to pass the microphone to a female White House aide.

CNN CONTINUES OBSESSION ABOUT TRUMP’S EATING HABITS, THIS TIME OVER FOOD OPTIONS IN INDIA

Acosta’s press pass was eventually restored after CNN argued that keeping him out of the White House violated the network and Acosta’s First and Fifth Amendment rights.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Acosta’s 2019 book, “The Enemy of the People: A Dangerous Time to Tell the Truth in America,” was billed as “an explosive, first-hand account of the dangers [Acosta] faces reporting on the current White House while fighting on the front lines in President Trump’s war on truth” as “public enemy number one.”

there is no dicks left in the bag you ate them all

In a remarkable public rebuke, President Trump late Monday called on Supreme Court justices Sonia Sotomayor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg to recuse themselves from any cases involving his administration over their past comments.

Trump has proven in the past that he is not bashful about criticizing justices, but he seemed to be particularly bothered by a recent dissent by Sotomayor hinting that conservative-leaning justices have a bias towards Trump.

CLARENCE THOMAS REVERSES COURSE IN SWIPE AT DC BUREAUCRACY

The president's tweet cited Laura Ingraham's Fox News show, "The Ingraham Angle," and he accused Sotomayor of attempting to shame other justices to vote with her.

Justice Sotomayor opens up about Justice KavanaughVideo
Sotomayor, who was nominated by President Obama in 2009, issued the blistering dissent Friday after a ruling in the case of Wolf v. Cook County.

The case dealt with the Trump administration's expansion of situations where the government can deny visas to non-citizens looking to enter the U.S.

Federal law already says that officials can take into account whether an applicant is likely to become a "public charge," which government guidance has said refers to someone "primarily dependent on the government for subsistence.

Sotomayor wrote in her dissent, "It is hard to say what is more troubling: that the Government would seek this extraordinary relief seemingly as a matter of course, or that the Court would grant it."

Vox pointed out what appeared to be the crux of Sotomayor's argument: the Trump administration has a practice of using a favorable Supreme Court to bypass lower courts still considering cases. The report pointed to a paper written by Stephen Vladeck, a University of Texas law professor. Vladeck wrote that Trump's solicitor general has filed at least 21 stay applications in the Supreme Court and compared that number to the combined eight times the applications were used during the George W. Bush and Obama administrations.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
“Sotomayor accuses GOP appointed Justices of being biased in favor of Trump.” @IngrahamAngle @FoxNews This is a terrible thing to say. Trying to “shame” some into voting her way? She never criticized Justice Ginsberg when she called me a “faker”. Both should recuse themselves..

10:09 PM - Feb 24, 2020
35.1K people are talking about this
"Claiming one emergency after another, the Government has recently sought stays in an unprecedented number of cases, demanding immediate attention and consuming limited Court resources in each," Sotomayor wrote in the dissent. "And with each successive application, of course, its cries of urgency ring increasingly hollow. Indeed, its behavior relating to the public-charge rule in particular shows how much its own definition of irreparable harm has shifted.”

Trump supporters say the administration has good reason to take its cases to the Supreme Court.

Carrie Severino, the president of the Judicial Crisis Network, told Ingraham that Sotomayor's concern is misplaced. She said lower-court judges are repeatedly issuing nationwide injunctions at a quantity never before seen – that is, ruling that their decision affects the entire country rather than the jurisdiction wherein it was brought.

Trump, once again, brought up the time Ginsburg called him a "faker" during the 2016 presidential campaign. She told CNN at the time that Trump has "no consistency about him. He says whatever comes to his head at the moment."

GET THE FOX NEWS APP

She apologized shortly thereafter, but Trump brought the slight up during a later interview, while Ginsburg was recovering from a health issue two years later.

"I wish her well. She said something very inappropriate during the campaign, but she apologized for it," he said.

you sure are obsessed with dicks you fag

Yeah, because Democrats are above the law and have turned the justice system into a weapon against their political opponents.

it is clear that the democrat's political opponents have all been criminals for more than 50 years

No it hasn't, it's clear the Democrats have greatly corrupted the justice system.

GOP Admins Had 38 Times More Criminal Convictions Than Democrats

As I said, Democrats are above the law and have corrupted the justice department to be a weapon against their political opponents.

Are you not comprehending what I'm saying?

Why are you not comprehending what I'm saying?

So you're not understanding anything. Sounds about right.

oh my god you are completely oblivious
it is you who are not understanding anything
despite me explaining it so even a mongoloid would have got it
you must be the stupidest fucking idiot in the world
how many lobotomizations did you have?
i knew all republican trash were retarded but you really take the cake
were you born this dumb?
your parents must have been siblings
what mental institution are you currently living in?
how can you even live when you are so braindead?
fucked any dogs lately?
you should do us all a favor by pulling your lower lip over your head and then swallow

You haven't explained anything, you pointed out a statistic(most likely fake but I'm not going to be bothered to look into it so I'll take your word for it) then I explained to you the reason for it and you just point to the statistic again. You're retarded.

I have explained everything, I pointed out a statistic (you were too much of a retarded pedophile to understand) then I explained everything to you again but you just raped another dog again. You're retarded.

You've explained nothing.

you comprehend nothing

I comprehend everything, you think posting one fake sentence over and over is an explanation.

if you could comprehend anything you would see that republicans are more corrupt than democrats

I explained everything

Following President Trump’s positive reception during a visit in India, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said on Tuesday that critics are being proven wrong that he does not have appeal in other countries.

“I think the president has done a brilliant job of communicating again and again that he can go around the world,” Gingrich told, “America’s Newsroom.”

TRUMP RALLIES MASSIVE CROWD IN INDIA, INKS MILITARY DEAL WITH MODI

The president, who loves to play to a big audience, was met with a raucous ovation Monday as he addressed a crowd of more than 110,000 people in a joint rally with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Along with first lady Melania Trump, the visiting first family packed the world's largest cricket stadium, as the U.S. president declared America's love for the country and solidarity with its people – and announced a military partnership with the Indian government.

“To get off the airplane and go to a stadium with 120,000 happy people seems to me for most of Trump’s critics, they had to at least slow down their assumption about whether or not he’s acceptable," said Gingrich.

Newt Gingrich reveals President Trump's greatest challengeVideo
He said that the fact is that the president is an enormous figure around the world, and expects tough, honest negotiations with world leaders, not "one-sided nationalism."

"The first lady and I have just traveled 8,000 miles around the globe to deliver a message to every citizen across this nation: America loves India, America respects India, and America will always be faithful and loyal friends to the Indian people," Trump said, drawing massive cheers.

Dan Scavino Jr.🇺🇸

@Scavino45
#ICYMI EARLIER TODAY-
“The First Lady & I have just traveled 8K miles around the globe to deliver a message to every citizen across this nation: America loves India. America respects India, & America will always be faithful & loyal friends to the Indian people.” @realDonaldTrump

Embedded video
8:56 AM - Feb 24, 2020
1,698 people are talking about this
CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

The two heads of state spoke at the "Namaste Trump" rally at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Ahmedabad. It was a follow-up to the "Howdy Modi" rally in Houston last September.

At the rally, Trump announced a $3 billion deal that will send state-of-the-art military helicopters to the country.

"Almost everywhere he goes the president is a salesman … Not bad for a day's work," said Gingrich, referring to the helicopter deal.

the MASSIVE variation is because the republicans are, without a doubt, the most corrupt animals that ever existed

you would have to be a brainlees dogfucking moron to not see that