Star Trek: The Next Generation : Is a baptism in a holodeck legit?

Is a baptism in a holodeck legit?

Or would someone who converts to Christianity while on a starship need to wait until they were on a planet with a body of water so they could have an immersion baptism like our lord and savior Jesus Christ?

Re: Is a baptism in a holodeck legit?

Just wait until you're on a real fucking planet so there's no doubt. Lol.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Space is dangerous. Hopefully God would be understanding if one died on the way to the baptism. I just wonder how a crew member would make a request to the captain to divert their course to the nearest planet with a Christian minister. There may not even be protocol for something like that.

The baptism is only a metaphor. The real question is "Does consenting to teleportation equal suicide in the eyes of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and is an eternity in Hell the punishment for it?".

LOL. 🤡🌎

My body; my choice.

Whilst Picard made that known to the Borg when they tried to make him Locutus of Borg it seems that most people don't have that same willpower or ability and just get assigned numbers

And Picard also teleported often and so we can't say that it wasn't peer pressure which prompted those decisions.

Get back to me when you are serious about our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

LOL. 🤡🌎

I think Picard will be saved. I’ll denounce Star Trek if I find out he rejected our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. If he just hasn’t had the chance to read the words of our Lord and Savior because of his Starfleet responsibilities, then I bet he will accept Christ in the afterlife. He just seems like that kind of guy. Just my opinion.

He still teleported though, that means he commited suicide regularly

LOL. 🤡🌎

I don’t know. That’s kind of like saying people who resuscitate those who have lost their heartbeat are acting contrary to God’s plan. I get that there are subtle differences but I’m just not sure about your conclusion.

If someone chooses to have their entire flesh be destroyed and then copied to elsewhere they must know that they have sent their soul to hell for spitting in God's face

It's all there in that rulebook that people follow

LOL. 🤡🌎

Well, you see, now we’re getting into the subtlety. Sure, an argument could be made that they’re desecrating their bodies (their temple) but it’s also being restored perfectly (false resurrection? potential blasphemy problem there). They could also make the case that their work is just and is helping all of God’s universal children.

But this just harks back to your false water being used in a baptism. It's not the water that God created and so therefore isn't water.

Could Jesus turn holographic water or replicator water into wine?

It wasn't created by his father and, on the chance you try to say that everything he created is divine, how do you feel about Satan being part of God's overall plan

You've opened a Pandora's Box here my friend

LOL. 🤡🌎

These questions are all part of God’s mysteries that we were sent here to ruminate on and attempt to understand. If we pray for His guidance we will come closer to answers that more closely align our understanding with God’s. I wish I had answers for all of this, but I’m a simple mortal. Good chat. Very encouraging to see another disciple of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ striving to perfect their understanding of His creations. Good day and God bless.

Hail Satan!

LOL. 🤡🌎

I'm sure everything that went on in the holodeck was legit. 'Holydeck'? Baptisms, weddings, funerals and everything else sacred, that a good Christian could wish for.

Bump

what happened, did ur balls drop off? 😂

😴👉i slept on the sidewalk by the side of the castle in the Magic Kingdom👈👸

No.

What happens on the holodeck should stay on the holodeck, barring outside interference by devious alien entities, of course.

They should have a baptism on earth.