Music General : Favourite noodly guitarists

Favourite noodly guitarists

Sometimes I love a good noodler.

Tosin Abasi (Animals as Leaders)
I could watch this man all day long. Yes, he has way too many strings on his guitars.

Animals as Leaders official videos:

Pity there's no good footage on youtube for Fredrik Thordendal (Meshuggah, Special Defects). He's basically the metal Holdsworth. I don't think he really goes for being spotlighted too much.

Buckethead

(also can't find much good quality youtube material just him noodling, like I can with Tosin Abasi

Pretty much love Nicky Skopelitis, too. Another one where there isn't much youtube material on except for complete albums/songs. No workshops, etc.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Favourite noodly guitarists

You having ANOTHER mental breakdown? Too bad, you were acting somewhat normal for a while too.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

that first guy has like 30 strings on his guitar wtf

I know! But he's really fascinating to watch. I love Animals as Leaders, even though I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Asian Brat Pitt love good noodle.

Not Worth It

Ever since I worked through my prog phase, with only a handful of bands sticking, I haven't enjoyed guitarists that just noodle up and down scales. It's too robotic and boring for me.

Sure, it can be technically impressive, but I wouldn't say that necessarily makes for good music.

For me it's perhaps a little different. When I first moved out from home, I lived with two friends of mine who were in a band together (and they happened to be the reason I became an audio engineer), and we shared an apartment together. So many nights I fell asleep listening to the one (the guitarist) fiddling away on his guitar (I could hear though the walls even though the amp was on low). I think that made me love the noodlers. The closest album to that period of my life is Death Cube K (anagram for Buckethead) "Dreamatorium". That transports me to that time of my life.

But that being said, I don't go for the usuals. Joe Satriani, Steve Vai…those guys don't really do it for me. I think I need the polymeters.

Understood.
Audio engineer, huh? Nice.

Darn brains and beauty 😊

Not Worth It

There's a lot more to great guitar playing than fast riffing and distortion pedals. Try different genres. Here's a couple of great contemporary bluesmen.

I'm well aware of that but everyone has styles and genres they prefer over others. That's why I ask people to list theirs. I didn't list purely metal guitarists.

I like good noodle

Asian_Brad_Pitt 💗 Bale Pearce Oldman & Crystal & Nettie & Twizlee & Sophie

Just wanted to say thanks! I listened to a couple of those vids and loved them!

September 50s?! How bout those Decembers!?

My pleasure!