Classic Film : Fellini Satyricon

Fellini Satyricon

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Re: Fellini Satyricon

Entire movie is on youtube but putting it here might be illegal. Its copyright is public. not sure.

One of the greatest movies i have ever seen.

Yeah, it's my favorite movie as well. I love the decadence.

What happened to your blog?

I GameBoy - H. superior

Depends on which blog.

No i dont attack random forgettable users anymore. I prefer users happy and anonymous and enjoying online discussions.

I have topic specific blogs now only.

News Gossip Bull or whatever it was called. Well anyway, welcome back again.

I GameBoy - H. superior

that blog is dead. i removed it then brought it back just to keep it around.

Thank you.

I like the surreal or fucked up-ness of it. I have seen it so many times i am kinda over it or used to/bored of it.

I haven't watched in about 5 years. So I think I'm due to see it again.

It's also funny how the mores have changed since that film was made. Basically those two guys are fucking a 12 year old boy. No one was appalled.

There's also a lot of black people in the film. I don't remember the scene exactly but there was a giddy black girl talking way too fast and then she gets laid.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Bacha bazi is common where i am. Lost tribes of israelites pashtuns love them boys. Pederasty was common in Greece and Rome, and is common in Hollywood, California. There are pedophilic orgies, neo, where children are taken, fucked, then sacrificed to Baal and Molech still, and other pagan gods.

I'll build an altar to Ba'al.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Which Baal? Baal Hammon, Baal Baal or Baal Yahweh? There is also Baal Moshe, Baal Eliyahu, Baal Yahweh Yeshua, others.

Why do you have to make everything so complicated? Ba'al of Sodom.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Because i am the main baal, the antagonist of the Elijah Jezebel part of the OT.

Jezebel was a Satanic prophetess.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Yes Baal is one of Satan's many incarnations.

haha, that's what made me turn it off within 10 minutes.. But "La Strada" is my 2nd favorite movie ever.

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

Can you specifically describe what about the decadence repelled you?

I GameBoy - H. superior

The diabolical faces of the gay men early on.

You would've hated ancient Rome. I've visited in my dreams. I'd say the sexuality of the film was wonderfully bisexual thought, not homoerotic.

I GameBoy - H. superior

The worst movie I ever saw was full of debauchery… The Wolf of Wall Street.

There are some good ones like husbands, but there is a lot of waste in that movie.

However my favorite city in the world is Amsterdam

You seem to be a connoisseur of film. Does decadence in art repel you? It's an important theme in all late 20th century art.

I GameBoy - H. superior

I don't think so. I think on any platform with text only, its easy to be misinterpreted and be inaccurate. The word "decadent" covers quite a lot, and there's always good, bad, and fair representations of them all. I've been thinking about this a lot this past hour.. I think I might give out that impression, but its because certain movies in this category only exploit, and I don't mind exploitation, if its done correctly.. For me, the writing and acting is everything in a movie. I've seen some great movies with dark theme. I started a thread about taboo subjects, and I seem to like many of them. "Bad Boy Bubby", "Trainspotting"… I also just did a quick google of "decadent" movies, and "Sunset Boulevard" came up, which is a movie I love. Maybe it's because I've seen a lot of the same kinds of movies over and over. "A Clockwork Orange" is also one of my favorite movies. I like conversational movies; movies focused on characters (Nashville), a critique on society.. I've only seen about a couple of great movies this year, and "La Terrazza" was one of them, made in 1980 which shows how older people with principles will get washed away. Even as men get older, they stick to a certain age group, and they have their own values, OR, lack of values, but the men will play along, and others follow and think its a blueprint for living, while I myself am against conformity, especially in the arts.

A week ago, someone was saying how "Death in Venice" was so offensive to them. Maybe you know about it, but its about an older man who loves/lusts (but never has real contact) after a young boy, but I think it was done well. 8/10

One of my favorite bands is "The Doors". 2nd favorite, and the first favorite, and probably a big influence in middle school. The music probably sucked me in, but the rebellion adds to the enigma of Jim Morrison, too.

I guess nuance is key. I'm suspicious of the herd-like mentality, especially for me, who spends a LOT of time comparing different time periods, countries. I guess I have disdain for liars. Take the latest "BLM vs. ALM" shit. I find it beyond cynical that Amazon or some other company fools the public with a simple three lettered slogan, as if they give a shit. It's business, and it's a cheap way to virtue signal without having to do anything "moral".

I remember in the late 90s having a discussion with a relative about gay marriage. I've always supported it. I wonder how much is because I tend to give a second thought when everyone jumps a certain way in a knee-jerk way. It was taboo then, but suddenly when the Conservative SC okays it, the Obama White House throws on rainbow colors over the building, when minutes before the party line was "Marriage is between a man and a woman", and people celebrate the wrong people, and suddenly everyone has changed? I don't think so. I prefer honesty, as long as its sincere and well-thought out.

I was just watching basketball this morning, and there was a mention of D-Wade and there has been a lot of talk about his bravery because he refers to his 10-yr old as a girl now. I would hope it wasn't just him embracing a new business model. Maybe its opposition thinking? Maybe someone he knows is a huge Trump supporter who makes a remark about gender, and his response is influenced by something he dislikes…

I was just on the phone with a friend, and somehow we brought up public displays of affection (it was off-hand including COVID/germs).. Again, nuance. I don't like when you see a couple who looks all over (to make sure everyone is watchin) and THEN kiss. It just seems phony as hell.. But, I like to see a couple who looks into each other's eyes, smiles, and kisses, so I can see how easy it is to misinterpret something I say.

Such a bizarre and wonderful film.

Fellini aside, this is quite an abstract film.

It's pretty graphic, and there are a lot of old classic movies that are quite graphic, so far as to show full frontal and sexual simulation.

I am willing to bet that despite that this exists as part of film history, a movie of this style would never be able to be made today.

I prefer Comic Con.

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't! 😸