Arrival : Saw the first part of this flawed & utterly stupid movie again….

Saw the first part of this flawed & utterly stupid movie again….

In the opening scenes which are supposed to be flashforwards, Amy Adams behaves as if she never underwent Alien encounter and is totally surprised & shocked to learn about her daughter's illness which can't be the case had she known about her illness much before because she had already foreseen her future. Ofcourse, I mean mildly shocked is ok. But in the entire sequence of those future events, there's no sign on her face of having seen her future in the past. That's an ill-direction & lack of smart thinking.

The whole movie is an emotional gimmickry & unintelligent crap.

I know some pretentious nerds will show up to tell me that those earlier scenes were of original memories or like original timeline and stuffs like that and would possibly talk about multiple/alternate universes, shamelessly changing their context from the casualty loop aspect which they earlier kept ranting about.

Retard Pussy Sinister_prig

Re: Saw the first part of this flawed & utterly stupid movie again….

That's a good point. For the sake of argument, I'll try to "defend" it even tho' I agree with you. I would expect that memories are different when you think back to them. Something that was extremely traumatic in the past will not affect you as much after 10-15 years. If we do the same thing in reverse, the "forward memory" would be to remembering something backwards - where you go from acceptance to gradually go back to the pain and experiencing it.

Not sure if that made sense - but my take would be that regardless of how horrible something can be when you remember it, it's probably gonna be less intense than the actual experience itself.

I just watched this and I will say that I feel the flashfoward flashback lol in the beginning of the movie probably made it worse. Im not sure it was supposed to be like Deja vu but im assuming they don't mean that she had the future thinking ability without meeting the aliens. itd make "more sense" if it first occurred during her first nights sleep after the first encounter. I did like the dinner party meeting with the general n her having to wait to hear and see what it was since she didn't fully figure out the ability yet had a interstellar feel to it without quite the punch. still enjoyed the movie tho

She was actually experiencing the diagnosis first hand, of course she was *beep* upset. Nothing to do with alternate timelines, everything to do with terrible news arriving and the distress of a loved one soon to die.