Documentary : Bio Films….

Bio Films….

Any person's life you would like to see made into a bio film?

Personally, I would love to see a film made on Dorothy Killgallen's life and her mysterious death. She was an interesting lady…

An attorney, Mark Shaw, wrote a book about her. I think it would make a fascinating film.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Re: Bio Films….

Probably Stevie Ryan. So beautiful and talented.

Also, Rebecca Schaeffer. She was on her way to becoming a big actress, before tragedy struck.

Rebecca Schaeffer. I would be interested in seeing a bio on her.
She was such a beautiful girl. You have to wonder what might have been, had she not been robbed of her life.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

I would like to see a movie about the life of L. Ron Hubbard as he told it, not as it actually happened.
Lafayette Ronald Hubbard was born in Nebraska in 1911. Shortly thereafter the family moved to Helena, Montana. There he quickly blossomed into a cowboy poet. According to an official biography, Ron was "riding broncos by the age of 3, soon breaking them, and at 6, he became a blood brother of the Blackfoot Indians." At the same time, he began reading the works by Shakespeare and Greek philosophers…
And so on. And I always thought Aleister Crowley would be good material for a movie.

Why, that man is a genius!

"US woman funding ISIS with bitcoin gets 13 years in prison…
Too bad she was caught" said Lara "fury" Croft

He was in a way. He managed to achieve a lot in life despite his meager talents—his greatest was being able to lie without feeling remorse which he used well.

I wonder who could play him…

Aleister Crowly is a very interesting choice. so much has been written about him. Why not a movie?

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Several years ago I saw that there were talks about making a movie and there is an entry on IMDb for a Crowley biopic but it is supposed to be bad. I don't know why other filmmakers have never touched him.

Hank from Breaking Bad would be good to play him.

5 foot 1, 214 pounds, 54/46/40 4.0 GPA

I'm not familiar with Breaking Bad. It's one of those shows I somehow never got around to checking out. A friend of mine did recommend it a few years ago. It sounds interesting.
Now, I have to check out the actor who plays Hank!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Have you watched the series, Strange Angel ?

It's about Jack Parsons, who IMO, is much more interesting than than those two, but Crowley is in part of the story and it's well-made…unfortunately the 2nd season ends right when Hubbard enters and no plans have been made to make a 3rd season.

I would be more interested in a story with Parson's 2nd wife, Marjorie Cameron.
Strange Angel only covers his first marriage and includes his first wife's younger sister, whom L. Ron Hubbard ran off with and married.

I have not watched that. It does strangely intersect my two choices. Jack Parsons was an interesting guy but he wasn't really a charlatan, which is what really interests me about those two guys. Though they may have really believed in what they were preaching.

I could pick my favorite people, but I think I'd avoid picking favorites of mine who are popular, because of inaccuracies, and the tendency for people to think fiction is fact. Most people can't tell you their source when they give you misinformation, so I'd probably go with Mort Sahl.

I wish they could make one on Jimmy Hoffa that is accurate and good.

I'm thinking of the terrible movies, half of them made by Oliver Stone (The Doors, JFK).

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

Dorothy Kilgallen had a mysterious death?? Can you please give us the Reader's Digest version? I don't have the time to wade through a two hour film.

PS Wikipedia said she died of a combination of alcohol and barbiturates. They didn't mention anything about mysterious circumstances.

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.

Too bad your time here is so precious…. 😏
She was a reporter. She had been investigating and doing research on the Kennedy assassination and she had interviewed Jack Ruby in prison. She had diaries of these interviews and notes on her research. Days before she died, she told someone that she had new information on the case. Something big. (These are not her words. they are mine.)
When found dead in her bed, those diaries were missing and the pills she had taken were not the pills that had been prescribed.

My Reader's Digest version is not nearly so informative as the many articles on the internet, or the possibly shorter videos on You Tube.
If you should become tired of flooding General Discussion with various political gifs and swipes at the other party, check out her story.

Personally, I find her life and her personality to be a far more interesting subject than her death. I also enjoy the movies set in the times she lived in.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Thanks. That is interesting. Now that I have the Reader's Digest version, I might circle back and watch the video.

Flooding GD with political gifs and swipes at the other party? Moi???

Yeah… You!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Guilty as charged, and I throw myself upon the mercy of the court!

I can see you now.
I like it!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Read further below at what Lilith said about her. what she had to say is much more interesting….

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Aye aye, cap'n!

👍👍

Yes! Plus, I wrote more below about the mysteries surrounding her death. Yes, it was after all the Ruby involvement, and there was so much more!

She was incredibly fascinating, intelligent, and was able to get to people that others could not. She was a force to be reckoned with!

Love this choice. Now if only we could make this happen!

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

I wrote more down below too!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Ooh, look, look! I wrote more too!

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Guy Standeven (of course).

You've seen Guy Standeven in something since the man was in everything.

I have to agree!
With his Filmography, his could very well be an interesting Bio Film! He has appeared in so many films we have all seen at least once, not to mention Television shows… some of my favorites.
Most of us never even give extras a thought when watching a movie or a show on TV. This guy (no pun intended) certainly did it all! He made a career of it! I would love to know what his life may have been like behind the scenes.
If done right, and in the hands of capable filmmakers, his bio could be quite entertaining. Sort of a comedy?

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Bayard Rustin had an incredible life; a black gay Quaker living in the time of segregation in 1950s United States. Not only did he have close encounters with militant groups such as the KKK, he was also a major influence on Martin Luther King Junior, who could be the messenger for Civil Rights Rustin was unable to be for the reason stated above. At least he got a high school named after himself in his home state of Pennsylvania.

~~/o/

Another life story worth exploring and bringing to the attention of current and future generations.
Such a shame that all we seem to get these days are remakes of great films that are already there for us to enjoy, or blockbuster films with super heroes.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Yeah, society is mostly built on shallow communication. Overall, it's a good thing, allowing people to have opportunities by getting to know a ton of others. Ideas are shared and refined over time (what works, what doesn't work). The downside is that there's little room for intimacy and getting to know the more personal stories below the ones generally taken at face value.

~~/o/

Well said!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

I have the book: The Reporter Who Knew Too Much. In fact, it's on the stand next to my sofa, along with the book Arline Francis wrote about Charm.

I personally believe she was murdered, and I suspect Sinatra was behind it. I've read a lot about our "Miss Dorothy" and she was a tenacious reporter who, when she sank her teeth into something, she wouldn't let go. She also wasn't afraid to make enemies.

She pissed Sinatra off, and he'd refer to her as "the chinless wonder" on many public occasions. The Chairman had way too many connections…

Dorothy was found in her house, in a room she rarely ever went into and openly stated she felt uncomfortable in it. She was also wearing clothing she didn't specifically care for or like, never wore,…and given her extensive clothing collection, I believe this.

She was also, if I'm not mistaken found seated either in a chair she never sat in (her house was 5 floors if I recall) or she was sitting up in bed, again, in a bed she never slept in and never felt comfortable in.

Of all the rooms, clothing and furniture that was in their gigantic home, the circumstances were far too bizarre. Everyone knew she had a drinking problem, and a problem with barbiturates, but if I recall correctly, she had such incredibly high lethal doses in her system, enough to take down a horse.

I understand accidental overdoses happen, and Dorothy never struck me as the type to commit suicide….I think it was related to Sinatra, I really do.

I'm completely fascinated by Dorothy. Lee Israel's biography of her is a little questionable. I'd be so down for a biographical movie made of her life, everything she got into, the fact she was in an open marriage, her children, her traveling around the world (via planes and hot air balloons, obviously not as a pilot), but to set a record for how fast she could make it,…the incredible people she had the opportunity to interview, the controversies she was wrapped up in!!

Thank you so much! I think that MovieMan should read your Reader's Digest version of what happened.
As for Sinatra, I think that his friends could definitely have been behind a great deal of what had happened, not only to Dorothy, but to Marilyn Monroe as well as JFK. JFK and little brother Bobby made big enemies of the mob when they broke the promises that Daddy Joe made to them before Jack won the election.
While I'm not sure if Sinatra had much to do with Dorothy's death, he was a man who held grudges. He had campaigned big time for Jack when he was running for President. High Hopes was even used as the Campaign song. Yet, after Jack was elected, Sinatra was snubbed by them, due to his mob connections. After that, he even severed his ties with his Rat Pack buddy, Peter Lawford, who was the President's brother in law at that time.
Sinatra and Dorothy were friendly for years. Apparently, he didn't care for the things Dorothy had to say in an article she had written about him at one time. Was there more to it than that? He could hold a grudge over the most ridiculous things though.

I really would love a Bio movie. Perhaps some of the women out there in Hollywood Land could get together and make it happen. Some of the ones who bitch about all of those awards that the men take away from them.
Dorothy could have been their mentor! She certainly didn't let anything or anyone stand in her way!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Don't forget what Sinatra (allegedly) had done to Joe E. Lewis. Slit his throat (then Sinatra -allegedly- paid for him to have his vocal chords reconstructed). Sinatra even had issues with Sammy Davis and when asked, Davis consistently would say, "I plead the 5th"! He didn't dare say anything!

Frank had a lot of people in his pocket.

You know that performance of Marilyn singing "Happy Birthday Mr. President"? You can hear Dorothy's voice while they're waiting for Marilyn to come out because she's (of course) late. Unless you know Dorothy's voice, to anyone else it would just sound like a female making a loud comment.

I did hear a story about that alleged incident with Joe E Lewis.
Sinatra certainly was a piece of work!

I'll have to check out those videos of the president's birthday bash.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Hernan Cortes. His story of how he conquered Mexico is straight-up crazy.

NOT endorsed by MMC2 in the campaign for Admin!! Please note!!

YES! That's another great story.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Other historical figures:

1. King Harold Godwinson (features the battles of Stamford Bridge and Hastings)
2. Simon Bolivar (multiple battles, hot Latinas)
3. Bloody Mary
4. Catherine de Medici (violence, sex, great costumes)
5. Jared Kushner - improbable story of a bright young man who makes something of himself, starting out only with his work-ethic and a few million from his family.

Jared Kushner - improbable story of a bright young man who makes something of himself, starting out only with his work-ethic and a few million from his family.

I'll pay the price of that ticket!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Maybe bio Jackie Chan an Yoki Onno or both prease

Sathya Sai Baba. Indian holy man and con artist?

I don't believe I have heard of him.(what can I asy? I have led a sheltered life… )

This is why these films should be made. These people are brought to our attention and then we are interested enough to find out more about these people.
Thank you.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

I would rather watch any of these suggestions than another goddamn Star Wars movie.

(apologies to the nerds and ne'er-do-wells here)

Absolutely! I know that Star Wars will always have the fans, but as I said to someone else here, even if the Bio isn't completely accurate, the subject of the film may just spark interest enough for people to want to find out more about them. Learning about others and the times they lived in and what they have done sparks an interest in learning more.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

He did miracles, and friends of mine witnessed one in their own home, a long way from India. They had his photo standing on the dresser, and it started pouring out a sweet liquid called amritha.
Since his death he has been vilified and mocked.

Amazing! This is someone and certainly something I have never heard about.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

He has a fro. Cool.

I recommend The Adventures Of Mark Twain (1944). A smashing film of a great southern gentleman!

A Southern Gentleman!

Works for us!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….