Food and Drink : Australian Super Food

Australian Super Food

This looks great.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Re: Australian Super Food

You said kaka doo!

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

This is the real Australian super food, sheila

THIS GUY ISN'T EVEN LYING!!!

TIM TAMS ARE amaaaaaaaaaazing!

I'm actually not a huge fan of them, but they're pretty good. I just get endless amounts of amusement out of Clive Palmer's outspoken love for them.

Fuck yeah!

Bite the ends off and suck milk through that shit like a straw.

Never heard of this technique. If I were a milk-drinker, I'd give it a try. Only time I use milk is when making Mac & Cheese.

I remember being told about that trick for the first time in grade 12, seemed like everyone knew about it besides me.

Flavoured milk is definitely better, sucking hot coffee through the thing is some amusingly filthy business as well.

Can I snort it mayne.

Is this another of them there food fads?

I'm not sure if it's a fad or not. I don't see it being discussed in any of the health and nutrition circles I'm in. I personally don't have a big appetite, so I try to make my smoothies as nutrient-dense as possible, because my general days involve one smoothie and one meal.

I use powdered grass-fed bone broth (to get more protein in my diet). I also find things like powdered greens (for antioxidants, B12, Vit-K, Vit-C, etc.), and I'll something like flax seed oil or MCT oil (adding an oil to a smoothie, combined with the fibre in veggies and whole fruit, help to release the nutrients in a smooth and gentle fashion,…which is also why I don't ever do "fruit only" but always use veggies as my primary base).

Also, some of these things impart interesting flavours,…like dragon fruit.

Lilith? Have you ever had Santa Claus melon?

No. I've never even heard of this, nor have I ever seen it at the market.

Have you? The name alone would make me so curious. What does it taste like?

There are definitely some strange fruits out there (by name, and by look and even by flavour).

Santa Claus melon sounds so cool.

It's delicious! Similar to honeydew but a bit more flavorful and sweeter. It has fibrous content in the center that must be scooped out, sort of like a pumpkin.

No idea where it got its name though lol

It looks like a cross between a watermelon on the outside, and yeah, definitely like a honeydew on the inside.

Have you tasted it? What does it taste like? If it's good, I'll look for it at the market. I tend to pretty much eat/drink the same things on a regular basis, but once in a while, I'll find something that looks interesting to try.

How about Kantola?

How about Bitter Melon? I'm curious what this would be used for!

Also known as: Bitter gourd or bitter squash
It is a vine that’s widely grown in Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean. Its fruit is edible, but very bitter. There are many varieties, which differ in bitterness and size. It is eaten as a vegetable. It originated on the Indian subcontinent.

This is real Aussie super food.

I'm not even clicking on that!

β–² Top