History : Did you know?

Did you know?

Queen Christina ruled Sweden from 1632 to 1654. What did she consider the biggest threat to her kingdom? Fleas. The queen hated hated HATED them and wanted each and everyone she found in her palace killed… individually. To accomplish this feat (this was long before the invention of chemical insect repellents), she comissioned the construction of a tiny, one-inch long cannon that was packed with tiny flea-sized cannonballs. Whenever she spotted one, she fired the tiny cannon at it and occasionally made a killshot.

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread." – Alexander Pope

Portable Press, Strange History (Ashland, OR, 2016), p. 9

~~/o/

Re: Did you know?

Seems legit

NOT endorsed by MMC2 in the campaign for Admin!! Please note!!

It's brought to you by the Bathroom leader's Institute, no seriously!

~~/o/

Right.

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't! 😸

Darn it, autocorrect! I meant to say The Bathroom "Reader's" Institute.

There, that should firmly hold up the beachhead.

~~/o/

Right.

Okay then. That's what I would have done.

Yeah, who doesn't want a 1 inch cannon? It's very meta.

~~/o/

I love stupefying trivia! Got any more?

I'm sure I can cook something up when I have the time. Say, do you like Nostradamus?

Glad you enjoyed it, NZer.

~~/o/

Nostradamus? In very small doses. I find the language hard to follow and feel that his 'prophesies' are too ambiguous and can be applied to anything you want them to.

I share your impression of him too. He's still fascinating however, in my opinion. Did you know that even though he was raised as a Christian, his family was Jewish prior to him being born?

~~/o/

I didn't know that. Did they think he was the Messiah I wonder…

That, I do not know. The Roman Catholic Church did eventually heed and take his prophecies seriously, even going as far as respecting his body when being transferred from one graveyard to another. He had warned should anyone loot or desecrate his grave, which did happen thanks to a bunch of opportunistic bandits, they would meet a most unfortunate fate. The raiders in question were ambushed all to death before the end of the day of their robbery in an unrelated incident.

~~/o/

Interesting. Thanks.

You're welcome and thanks for putting up with some minor grammar issues thanks to good, ol' autocorrect and voice activation, which should be a lot more helpful than it really is on an Android device but isn't.

~~/o/