The Mandalorian : Wait, do the people in the galaxy think the Jedi are myths? ( Mandalorian spoile

Wait, do the people in the galaxy think the Jedi are myths? ( Mandalorian spoile

In the force awakens Rey says she thought Luke was simply a myth, despite the fact that he was one of the main dudes to play a part in what was possibly one of the most important wars in the history of the galaxy. And in Mando, Kuill says I have heard rumours of this after he see's baby Yoda use the force, and Mando himself does not seem to know what the hell was going on when BY used the force to lift the Rhino. So does nobody know what the force is? Who the Jedi were? This would contradict episode 1 - 3 where the Jedi were very much in the public eye, and im not one hundred per cent but the time gap between episode 1 - 6 and TM/episodes 7 - 9 aint really that long, In fact Kuill was Alive during episodes 1 - 6, so how the hell do these people not know of the Jedi and the force?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race,_Evolution,_and_Behavior

Re: Wait, do the people in the galaxy think the Jedi are myths? ( Mandalorian sp

All will be clear once episode 8 airs.

Re: Wait, do the people in the galaxy think the Jedi are myths? ( Mandalorian sp

Until Mandalorian came out, my explanation for it was that the First Order we see in the sequel trilogy simply "erased" history in education and whatnot. Think the Chinese Communist Party's treatment of the Tiananmen Square Massacre. But doesn't The Mandalorian take place before the First Order rose to power? It's been a while since I watched episodes 1 - 5 and I haven't watched further yet, so I'm not sure if it's been established. I know that they have Stormtroopers working as mercenaries.

But also, Luke didn't really know anything about the Jedi in A New Hope (he had to be told by Obi Wan not only about the Jedi but also about The Force). So I assume people from the Original Trilogy era didn't know about the Jedi, and because Luke was the only one to rise up, I could understand not everyone knowing about them.

It's always been the case that the amount of Jedi were so scarce compared to the vastness of the galaxy, that most citizens would never encounter one. Look at the original film. Han Solo was alive during the Clone Wars and even knew what the Jedi were, but he still thought it was all BS….

🦃I am a dick. I've always been a dick.🦃