Monsters : Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

He is not a zombie be cause head shots do not kill him and he doesn't eat people. He is tangible so he is not a ghost. What exactly is he?

Oh, hey. Didn't see you there. Make yourself useful. Shine my shoes.

Re: Jason Voorhees

No idea but whatever he is, Michael Myers must be the same thing. Both are impossible to kill.

Totally different.

Jason was human from parts 1-4, having never died, although the end of part 3 and beginning of part 4 is debatable. Jason officially died in 4 and became a walking corpse in part 6-10.

Michael Myers never died. He was always human, but evil. He died in part 2, but it was retconned that he survived that explosion, not revived post-death. In H20 he was beheaded, but it was retconned that it was the wrong person. And 2018 Halloween retconned this from part 1.

Myers never took the abuse Jason did: being shot multiple times, drowning, melting in toxic waste, and being unaffected. Myers was vulnerable, it just took a lot to bring him down.

Study your prey thoroughly, and choose only those who will prove susceptible.

Didn't Jason drown when he was a child?

In Friday the 13th, when Jason’s mom was the killer, it is said Jason drowned as a child and that’s her motive for killing camp counselers.

In part II it was retconned that Jason survived the near drowning experience, perhaps unbeknownst to his own mother, and he’s been living in the camp ever since “living off wild animals and vegetation.”

Myers never took the abuse Jason did: being shot multiple times, drowning, melting in toxic waste, and being unaffected. Myers was vulnerable, it just took a lot to bring him down.

Yes. Jason has conquered New York, Space, Hell and Fred Kruger.

30 seconds after the Challenger blew up he's on the phone selling NASA stock short. Mr. Nice Guy!

I'm gonna go with a zombie.

You've seen Guy Standeven in something since the man was in everything.

A zombie is defined as a dead person whose corpse has been “revived” somehow supernaturally: witchcraft, voodoo, T-virus, or lightning. By definition he is a zombie after part 6.

George Romero is influential in popularising that version of a zombie, which has inspired many other versions since. While Romero didn’t invent zombies, he paved the way for zombies in film. They don’t have to follow Romero’s versions of Zombies, just as not all fictional witches wear black pointy hats, and not all fictional vampires are affected by a wooden cross or Holy Water.

Remember in Night or the Living Dead 2 (or was it Return of the Living Dead?), the zombies no longer died via bullet in brain. You had to burn them into ashes.

Jason is an unstoppable force resurrected by the powers of Hell on the whims of chaos….

I am a dick. I've always been a dick.

I just had a friend suggest that he most closely fits the description of a revenant.

That sounds feasible. Have you seen the movie? (not the Leo one) It's brilliant.
I have it on DVD.

Which one precisely?

The Revenant. 2011. R16 Director - Kerry Prior.

David Anders, Chris Wylde, Louise Griffiths.

Nice. I'll have to download it.

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼

What exactly is he?

First three Friday films, he's a semi-believable serial killer, a deformed woodsman who stalks and kills unsuspecting camp counselors at Camp Crystal Lake every summer.* In Part Four, he's apparently an undead monster after miraculously surviving a blow to the head with an axe via lovely Dana Kimmell at the end of Part Three, the last believable entry in the series. Jason became an all too predictable horror movie villain in subsequent Friday films. (OK, in Part Five there was an impostor Jason but even he was predictable.) The franchise was fun for the most part but very stupid in the end.

*Actually, his mother does the killing in Part One. I got the impression he was lurking in the woods, watching and learning from her, in that film.