Frozen 2 : Frozen 2 Review...

Frozen 2 Review...

Frozen 2 surpasses it's brilliant original in every way possible.
The animation is pure perfection and the amount of emotion it evokes is so powering - once again dealing with love between family and siblings rather than romantic love which Disney had became accustomed to.
The story and adventure is on a much more epic scale than the first movie, delving into the world, history and magic more and explaining many questions which the original glossed over.
The music is beautiful, and I personally think one of the songs which I'll get to later is one of the most mesmerising pieces of music Disney have ever made.

The movie takes place 6 years after the first film, Elsa is queen and everybody lives in harmony - but she keeps hearing a call (which sounds beautiful and was provided by Aurora) so delves into their family history and goes on an adventure to find out what the call means, what happened to her parents, and why she has her powers. And of course Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven go along for the ride.
Elsa's journey to discovering why she has ice powers and where her parents were really heading the day their ship went down lead to so many interesting, emotional and heart wrenching scenes. Anna stands by her side the entire time whilst Kristoff constantly tries to propose (and fail each time).
Olaf is starting to mature and is wanting to learn about the things around him- and I must admit I found him irritating in the first film and I'm not much of a Josh Gad fan but he killed it this time. Every joke landed, and one particular scene where he recaps the first Frozen is hilarious - the entire audience were in hysterics.
There are a few new characters but I can't really talk about them without going into spoiler territory - they're all interesting editions though.

Now the music, I wanna talk about each song:

All Is Found - this song is sweet and soothing like a lullaby and subtly delivers a lot of exposition
Some Things Never Change - this just makes me smile, it's such a happy cheery song and is pretty similar to For The First Time in Forever. It's also the entire main cast have sung together.
Into the Unknown - clearly made just to be the Let it Go of Frozen 2 - and it deserves to be given that status. It's such a catchy song, Idina's vocals are incredible, as are the visuals during this scene.
When I Am Older - Olaf's obligatory comic relief song, it's cute but I prefer In Summer.
Lost In The Woods - Quite possibly the first ever love Ballard in a Disney song sung by a guy, which I loved! It's purposely cheesy like a 90s boyband and it works- the visuals on parody Queen, Boys 2 Men and other classic songs, it's great.
Show Yourself - Bold statement, but this song is the best Disney have ever created. Everything from the instrumental, to Aurora, to Idina is spine-chillingly beautiful - most specifically 02:30-03:55 if you wanted to have a listen.
The Next Best Thing - This song is really dark and emotional, Kristen Bell does this thing with her voice that she did in Do You Wanna Build a Snowman where she cries and her voice breaks. She did it here and it destroyed me as much as it did last time. Powerful song.

The songs are much more evenly spread out in this one than in the first where there was only one song in the entire second half.

Go see this masterpiece!
10/10

“You're perfect, you're beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista, you're a model!”
- Jesus, 2019

Re: Frozen 2 Review...

Frozen 2?
Holy shit that is lame.

Each to their own 😊

“You're perfect, you're beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista, you're a model!”
- Jesus, 2019

Dafuq are you saying old dude? The phrase is "to each, their own".

I'm glad to hear you liked it Ryan.

Like the first one I'll give it a couple of years before I get around to it lest kids try to talk to me about it and I know what the heck they are talking about.

Judging from how popular the first one was this could clog up cinemas all through the holiday period.

LOL. 🤡🌎

I definitely suggest getting around to seeing it at some point - it's matured with it's audience and is a lot more serious and political than the first.

I went to a sold out 9.30pm showing, so I think it will at least fill cinemas until Star Wars comes out (which I'm not interested in at all).

- Jesus, 2019

I might grab a midweek afternoon showing then Ryan, before something that is more suited to my general tastes.

But only on your advice mind you!

If I hate it then it's on you and if I like it then I'll build a

LOL. 🤡🌎

If Frozen ain't your thing - Knives Out is brilliant, and 21 Bridges is a fun film.

But yeah, hopefully you'll enjoy it and then you can thank me 😁

- Jesus, 2019

I hope I enjoy it Ryan, I don't lookk to hate on movies

If and when I do I will make a point of saying that you

LOL. 🤡🌎

Let me know when you've seen it ❄

- Jesus, 2019

I'm really not interested in watching that movie, Ryan. I could probably live out the rest of my life content without having watched Frozen 2. I'm glad you liked it though. Is it better than Malficient 2?

I was nervous when I heard they were making a sequel, mostly because of Disney's terrible track record (with the exception of Pixar sequels).
I was disappointed that Disney didn't give Elsa a girlfriend after implying for the past 6 years that they would - but other than that there isn't anything I'd change I don't think.

Have you heard any of the music?
If you have time listen to Show Yourself, I have it on repeat.

I'd say it's better than Maleficent 2 by a landslide - I really enjoyed M2 but I wouldn't rush back to the cinema to see it and it didn't get to me as much as Frozen 2 did

- Jesus, 2019

I was nervous when I heard they were making a sequel, mostly because of Disney's terrible track record (with the exception of Pixar sequels).
I was disappointed that Disney didn't give Elsa a girlfriend after implying for the past 6 years that they would - but other than that there isn't anything I'd change I don't think.
Personally, I've never really had a lot of gripes about Disney films. I mostly enjoy them that's why I was so disappointed with Frozen. It just doesn't feel like a traditional Disney film. Elsa's powers are obviously symbolic of something. The writers neglected to reveal exactly what it symbolic of so it's vague and left up to all kinds of interpretations. They should have just left the symbolism out and just concentrated on face value.
Have you heard any of the music?
If you have time listen to Show Yourself, I have it on repeat.
No, I'm not really interested and I hope it doesn't get any nominations either.

I'd say it's better than Maleficent 2 by a landslide - I really enjoyed M2 but I wouldn't rush back to the cinema to see it and it didn't get to me as much as Frozen 2 did

I wanna know one thing, does Elsa find a cure to her curse?

It's 100% gonna win for either Show Yourself or Into the Unknown regardless.

And regarding Elsa if you wanna know she finds out that she is an element - there are four other elements. Towards the end of the film Elsa has to sacrifice herself to save everyone to do with some spirits and a curse on the family etc and dies, along with Olaf.
Anna's song The Next Best Thing is about what she's gonna do now that Elsa is dead.

- Jesus, 2019

Oh please…are you kidding me? That's the ending? What a bunch of crap. Frozen should be burried beneath Disney studios and forgotten.

Sigh

- Jesus, 2019

I cannot believe you actually endorse this crap, Ryan. Seriously though.

Spoiler
Elsa isn't even a real person? Lol! You've got to be joking. What a hussle. All that time Disney wanted lead us to believe that Elsa was a human child having growing pains and trying to be accepted. Then they switch it up into her not even being a real human to begin with? I feel deceived!

What a waste of emotional investment on a character.

She is a person, the element spirit is inside her because of a curse on her parents.

- Jesus, 2019

Okay whatever. I'm still not going to see Frozen 2. Disney is alright with me, I just do not like Frozen.

Fair one, we don't all have to like the same thing 😊

- Jesus, 2019

Okay but could you like explain yourself? Why do you like Frozen so much? It's not really about the music, because there were better soundtracks in other Disney films. So why do you like Frozen so much?

Because I really liked the music, story, animation and characters - i don't really need to elaborate more than that.
People have different opinions on things. You don't think the music is great but I think it's fantastic 🤷‍♂️

- Jesus, 2019

No problem. We're good. I'll watch Frozen when it gets to DVD just to see how it all ends.

Never saw the first one.

Give it a watch, its great

- Jesus, 2019

I didn’t think it was amazing (let alone better than the original), but I enjoyed it. Happy to see some love and positivity for this movie though.

I thought the songs were more memorable and stronger in the first but the movie did just come out, so I’ll let them give more time for me to warm up to them (no pun intended).

I loved Let it Go, Love is an Open Door and First Time in Forever in the first film but that was about it- I didn't care for In Summer, and I hated the first song with the ice cutters, and Fixer Upper

- Jesus, 2019

What about Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?

I have mixed feelings because I love the ending but hate all the bits where shes a kid

- Jesus, 2019

Yeah, the ending is the best part about it. I’d say Let It Go and First Time in Forever are my favourites.

Do they manage to get off the ski lift this time?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8424687@N08/

I have watched this movie. Best suspense and thriller movie.

This time the wolves are on the ski-lift

- Jesus, 2019

@nimda

Ryan can stay.👍

I’ll never understand why normal adults watch that boring filth that is clearly manufactured for children.

❤️Joy to the boards the PAGG has cum

Because it's entertaining and normal adults can probably watch and appreciate the animation, story and music better than kids can tbf

- Jesus, 2019