Plays : Speaking of ballet dancers…

Speaking of ballet dancers…

I know everyone hates that I like ballet but…this is my favorite American ballet dancer.

Yes she had anorexia, had plastic surgery on her face in order to compete with the to Balanchine's pet principal ballerina Suzanne Farrell and she developed a cocaine addiction but that isn't the norm. She actually had a traumatic childhood that was the root cause of her eating disorder.

Re: Speaking of ballet dancers…

Why is it that the man seems to be there only to support the ballerina?

Don't look at it that way. It's just the choreogrpahy. They are dance partners. If you watch enough ballets you'll see he's not always partnering the ballerina during the entire ballet. Usually he has a solo dance and so does she.

And there are ballets choreographed where the dancers are moving in formations across the stage or in place etc…like in this video clip compilation from Dance Theater of Harlem ballet productions.

I'm going to see one of their ballet productions eventually.

I see what you mean. I'll have to watch more ballet and understand it better I suppose.

My late mum used to like ballet and one of my brothers sometimes goes to see it so I can't hate people for liking bellet.

I saw The Nutcracker. Some of it you could draw on as pretty good. I like the scenery, the music composition, etc.

Chinese-Indonesian, Scandinavian, German, Dutch, French, English-Irish, Amish
5'2"-5'4"
Blog