Sports : I have a grand on The Astros tonight.

I have a grand on The Astros tonight.

Around Midnight I will be a $1000 richer.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

Re: I have a grand on The Astros tonight.

Congratulations.

Go Astros!

“There are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

Thank you. I actually have 4 bets all for $ 250 with 4 different guys.

So far things are looking good.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

Derp.

Apparently, stupid people don't know they're stupid.

FACT☑️

Just the FACTs☑️

Oh well.

Uh, look man. Make tool! Caveman. No fool!
I GameBoy - H. superior

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I know there a lot of Texans here. Nice people. But I associate Texas officially with rednecks. I was rooting for Washington. Even though the federalist name "Nationals" is a turn off.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Post deleted

I agree. It's great to see a new team win it. But I thought the Nationals used to be the Senators?

I GameBoy - H. superior

They had a team called “the Washington Senators” back in the early to mid 1900s, but then that franchise moved to Minneapolis and became the Minnesota Twins. The Washington Nationals were originally located in Montreal from 1969 to 2004, and then they relocated to Washington D.C. and became the Washington Nationals.

“There are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

Yeah, but for some reason I had heard the name Washington Senators more recently. I looked it up and the Nats did use the name "Senators" interchangeably with "Nationals" in the early 2000's.

I GameBoy - H. superior

lolwut? No. You are too, too much.

Are you next going to make the argument that it's Tom Werner not Mark Lerner who owns the Nationals? Amaze.

I only know what wiki tells me:
The Washington Senators baseball team was one of the American League's eight charter franchises. Now known as the Minnesota Twins, the club was founded in Washington, D.C. in 1901 as the Washington Senators. In 1905, the team changed its official name to the Washington Nationals.[1] The name "Nationals" appeared on the uniforms for only two seasons, and was then replaced with the "W" logo for the next 52 years. However, the names "Senators", "Nationals" and shorter "Nats" were used interchangeably by fans and media for the next sixty years; in 2005, the latter two names were revived for the current National League franchise that had previously played in Montreal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Washington_Senators_(1901%E2%80%931960)
What, do wanna have another gay joker debate? 😜

I GameBoy - H. superior

A) The next 60 years were 1901-1960.

B) The latter two names refers to the latter two name in the prior sentence fragment which are the "Nationals" and the "Nats".

Why do you keep saying "I heard" when you really mean "I read on Wiki"???

Nope. I've read and heard the term "Senators" used on the sports page and on tv. I remember because I thought it humorous that a team would name itself after the political hacks in Congress. I looked it up on Wiki to confirm when it was used. I admit I'm not a big baseball fan. Soccer, boxing and wrestling are the only sports I really follow.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Post deleted

I just know that I've heard the name "Senators" used on the sports page and it wasn't in 1960. Lol.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Post deleted

which is what we know now as the Nationals

Please. Finish the sentence. I implore you. I promise he can't ban you over it. I cannot be the only one on here trying to communicate reality to him. It ain't right.

Post deleted

Post deleted

I didnt get involved even though this silliness was done in my thread. Gameboy proved in this thread that Wikipedia should never be taken as a legitimate source. The Last time a Team in Washington was called the Senators was in 1971. So when Gamey said they were called the Senators early in like 2004 I was just laughing.

But Wiki didn't support what he was saying. Wiki got it right. He was just being, you know, him.

Post deleted

I merely asked a question and then did a bit of searching on my own. gwnyc just likes to create an argument where there was none.

I GameBoy - H. superior

Post deleted

Ouch.

Yeah. Not a fun night at all. First I was angry and then a little depressed.

But hey, I made my bed so I have to lay in it. One guy already got his money from me.

Why would you bet that kind of money on a game? If someone would have said before the season started I will bet you 1000 dollars the Pittsburgh Steelers will lose the first 3 games. I would have been tempted but would not have taken the bet.

Had I, I would be out 1000 dollars.