Crime : Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Sherlock Holmes (2009)

To any of the Sherlock Holmes fans out there (and I count myself amongst them), especially if you've seen the classics (movies and TV), what did you think of RDJ's take on the titular character?

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Re: Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Surprisingly brilliant Lilith

I've been a big fan of Holmes and have been since I could read and have seen almost all of the takes on him in direct canon movies, shows and metatakes on his character.

RDJ's presentation of him was refreshing, new and most of all believable within the universe of those movies.

I wasn't keen on the sunglasses and motorcar in the second one but that's not RDJ's fault

LOL. ๐Ÿคก๐ŸŒŽ

Did you feel that would be a little too progressive for Holmes to do?

I've seen most, but not all, incarnations of the Holmes characters, and find each being something unique to the role. Off the top of my head, I don't recall being disappointed in any.

I quite enjoyed both of these movies with RDJ, and to say he had exceptional chemistry with Jude Law would be an understatement.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Did you feel that would be a little too progressive for Holmes to do?

I don't think I quite understand what you are saying here.

LOL. ๐Ÿคก๐ŸŒŽ

Your comment regarding the sunglasses and motorcar.

It seems superlative

LOL. ๐Ÿคก๐ŸŒŽ

I loved it. A whole new energy, lots of action, and with Jude Law! What's not to love?

โ–ฒ Top