American Horror Story : Oi, Crystal…I'm watching AHS

Oi, Crystal…I'm watching AHS

Okay woman, I'm holding you to this.

I just started, on episode one. OMG, I'm loving Joan Collins already. So far so good.

New cast? I don't recognize the "influencer" in the opening scene…Coco?

Evan Peters is awesome as the hair stylist.

Yes, I'm only on Apocalypse and won't be able to watch 1984 until it comes out on Netflix.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Re: Oi, Crystal…I'm watching AHS

lol, don't hold me to anything. I didn't recommend Apocalypse. I guess some of it was ok.

I can see they're doing a Dracula look with Sarah Paulson's hair, aka Princess Dragomiroff from Murder On the Orient Express.

Okay things are unfolding…

The stew is STU! I just got to that part.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Oh yeah, I remember the Stu stew.

lol

Yeah, there were plenty of memes and gifs and such with this one!

PS: I knew that horse scene was coming already, but dayum! Seriously?!

Need I say, whoaahh?

Which horse scene and how did you know it was coming? I remember Kathy Bates' character is told to kill a horse, but did they show it? I can't remember.

Yes, they showed it.

I've watched a lot of reviews and segments of various episodes. I already know a lot of what's going to happen, but I haven't actually watched the whole series.

Cody Fern, playing Michael Langdon is an interesting choice. Very Lestat type of vibe.

The touch of red lipstick in the corners of the eyes is old trick. Very well done!

Thanks. I'll avoid it if they show the killing of a horse.

‘Oi’ doesn’t seem the correct way to address Lady Crystal.

Arriba, arriba!

What would you have said instead of "Oi"?

1-5 are some of my favourite seasons of any show
6 was meh
7 was bad
8 was almost unwatchable, I had to force myself through it and I then swore to never watch another season…

Accidentally put on 9 and I'm loving it!

“You're perfect, you're beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista, you're a model!”
- Jesus, 2019

I recognize them more by names than numbers.

PS: My least favourite was Roanoke. That was simply dreadful in every way.

I couldn't make it through Hotel. I thought Lady Gaga's acting was bad, so I was surprised other people thought it was so good. Maybe the episodes with good acting were after I stopped watching.

Hmm. Hotel was one of my favourites.

Ahh, so now we get the gimp suit from season 1. (Identity being withheld of course). :)

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Ne too, and I'm loving it so far. I think I'm on episode 6 or something thus far. I really like it quite a bit, actually!

I couldn't believe the bunk that was Roanoke, and yet I know some who feel that was one of the best. Uggghhh!

Post deleted

Sounds like Game of Thrones…

So many series do the exact same thing. Blow the budget and writing skills up front and leave nothing for the back end.

Okay, I've just seen the last episode.

I dunno, I bought it. Seems like a good way to tie everything in and I like the message. It won't change. Whatever we do, we'll still end up in the same place. We're doomed to keep repeating we're doomed to keep repeating we're….wait, huh?

Plus the way they created another "Michael" using those 2 specially gifted via DNA people to make them a couple and procreate a child, it stays true to the original story line. Those two really WERE "special".

Post deleted

Haha sorry:

Asylum
Murder House/Hotel
Freak Show
1984 (so far)
Coven

Roanoke

Cult

Apocalypse

“You're perfect, you're beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista, you're a model!”
- Jesus, 2019

I'm really loving Apocalypse so far. This is really, really good!

I wasn't a fan of Apocalypse. I'd list the reasons why, but I don't remember anymore. I like the new season, but there have only been two episodes so far.

I want to see the new season but I don't have FX.

I'm sure it's available on some of those sites that stream TV shows and movies, but I don't know the URLs offhand. Also, I think sometimes those sites have malware.

I wonder if some shows are more enjoyable to "binge watch" as opposed to waiting for a new episode each week.

That's one thing I prefer as opposed to waiting each week for the next episode. I like being able to watch the entire season all at once. I've never had any need to watch anything right as it comes out. I can be patient.

I'm more patient, since I can wait week to week, without the convenience of just playing the next episode immediately after I finish the previous one!

Touche!

I like the new season so far too.

Apocalypse was pretty good! I didn't expect the twist in the third episode, where it turns out there is a witch among the survivors. . And Michael's demonic face. Whoa!

It does have a couple of weak (and short, about 37-40 minutes long) episodes, but keep watching until the last episode.

Every time you read this signature, my butthole throbs.

I've seen it all, every episode, and this is by far one of my favourites. I'd say this is as high as Murder House.

I loved the twists, and loved the storyline. I even loved the ending. I thought it tied all the stories in perfectly, there were sufficient references to earlier seasons, everything was related, especially if you remembered some details.

I also loved the ending, as that was even foretold from the very beginning. It was all planned, as a failsafe, even for what happened to derail it.

Very good season.

Oh, good. I don't have to restrict myself from spoiling the whole season. lol

And I actually love the part that Michael in the future is too powerful to be stopped, and the witch went back in time to kill him by the Murder House only to have another antichrist born at the last scene, which explained why two young teenagers was chosen in the beginning to survive the apocalypse.

The open ended ending means the witches will return and that's in the 10th season. Then again, everyone probably already knew that since Ryan Murphy himself stated that the witches will return, maybe next season or in two seasons.

Every time you read this signature, my butthole throbs.

Totally! I thought that was brilliant, and not sloppy or lazy writing but rather attention to detail. It intricately wove so many threads together and reinforced destiny. It also established the choices made all the way back to season 1, but also this particular season, first episode. it all comes full circle.

I am so in love with the actor Cody Fern who is playing Michael. He's pretty gifted as well as extremely handsome (with the long hair). He's shown he can play a blubbering dolt without an ounce of self-confidence, a typical adolescent who is confused, a rather normal adult, and then the final manifestation of how he presents himself as the antichrist. Notice all the references to The Omen and Exorcist and so many other tropes. Even the Alpha reference. Not too happy with their choice of actors to portray Anton, however. That was a tad sloppy to anyone familiar with him (but they got his theatricality correct as well as some of his real background).

"On Thursdays, we get Ryan Reynolds."

Apart from the new one, Apocalypse is the only one I haven't seen.