Horror : Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Re: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

I really want to see this one. But it will be a wait-for-On-Demand for me.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Ditto.

I've been hearing that the reviews are quite good. Sounds promising.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Saw it. Sucked

I knew you would be all over this lol. It looks hella creepy, I’m down to watch it.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

Totally, absolutely, and of course! 👍

I saw this trailer a few weeks ago and thought it looked really interesting. I wonder how many of the stories will be involved in the film. Aside from the gaping hole of his middle, I think Harold looks great! Man, just the illustrations were the stuff of nightmares. Why don't they make books like that anymore?

Die young and save yourself

The illustrations were wonderful! Right up my alley being nice and dark and creepy…

Oh, I love them. So profoundly unsettling and otherworldly. Alvin Schwartz's talent was downright visionary, imho. I love the contrast his horrific work gave to some of the more lighthearted and silly stories.

What helped with the movie is that most of it was done with practical effects (and a few contortionists who were able to pull off unearthly looking moves), and very little relied on CGI. In my opinion, that's such a huge point of production value and great visuals.

@SoFarDown - did you watch any of the "behind the scenes" showing how they did the costumes and such?

That's one of the reasons I admire Guillermo del Toro so much. His devotion to the real look is something missing far too often these days.

Is this one of the vids you're talking about? It's awesome stuff.

Yes, exactly to what I was referring.

Pretty impressive stuff.

I saw it tonight. It was good. Not great.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Talk about dragging out a plot? How much do you wanna bet that Scary Stories is 10x a better movie than the IT remake?