So Bad They're Good : Troll 2 (1990)

Troll 2 (1990)

This is pretty much the holy grail of bad movies inside the looney bin, with the name being a troll attempt for a few bangers practically since there wasn’t a single troll in this backfired attempt of a movie. I still don’t see how the critics cooked up a lot of distaste for this movie, since a coming of age movie that claims to share the same title of genre as movies like The Evil Dead and Dawn of the Dead, centered around goblins on a coming of age family road trip of a boy with the same amount of likability as a squeaky tire is one hell of a hysterical formula.

Re: Troll 2 (1990)

Apparently the director took pride in his work with this one:

Yet he couldn’t spare ten seconds of research to learn that goblins share no resemblance to trolls at all. This has to be one of the most infamous misapprehensions that I’ve seen in a movie, creating tons of false stereotypical conspiracy theories on these mythical beings.

Bump

Thanks!

I'm curious to see this movie now lol

You should, lol. Here’s another scene that will get you hooked, with it demonstrating how to not do visual effects for a trick motion with a budget of $200,000:

The director couldn’t have been genuine when he was praising his work with a straight face.

Damn it I am going to have to give in and watch these movies lol If I remember this is not your first post about them?

You're correct about that, as I have a knack to enjoy them for dark humor purposes. My critiques for bad movies that are entertainming to burn with propane at a teepee bonfire always have sarcastic praise in them for many reasons.

I guess I guess I could try to suffer thru the first one lol

The first Troll movie actually isn’t as awful as it’s reputation would lead someone to believe, with the editing actually being flawlessly executed in that movie. The main issue is that it’s a slow ride to sit through, with every moment being easy to predictable to a drunken gypsy even. With that being said, it at least had a coherent plot structure, which is enough to make it look like it belongs on the Top 250 movies of IMDb in comparison. I’d even go as far as saying that it’s mediocre.