Politics : What would happen if

What would happen if

Russia invaded the United States and Trump basically stood by allowing it to happen ? Would there be a coup or a mutiny against the president?How do you feel about Trump inviting Putin to Washington ? There is no doubt that on a one on one basis that Russian people can be friends with the American people ,but can these to world powers ever be friends on a gov level ?

Meh

Re: What would happen if

Also ,why is Russia still creating very advanced nuclear weapons if Putin and Trump are getting friendly with each other ?

Meh

I don't see why him or any prez would allow it. And damn straight people would loose it if it was allowed. Him inviting what is the point? He is vile with how some of his people are treated. I don't not get why the international community does not stand with us when it comes to some of these countries when people are suffering.

~~Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.~~

Trump is sick ,he has literally hinted in the past he admires Putin and Lil Kim, unless he is just a highly skilled troll .

Meh

Putin is planning to invade Canada from across the North Pole after Trump finishes his second term. The jokes on you Tommy.

if the russians were normal–which they have never been in their entire existence nor will they ever– then meeting to reduce the chance of war by any means would be good. of course, this also assumes that the US leader isnt a traitor; OR at the least: not under the control of a foreign power(s). <<==== just what did putin and his millitary intelligence-trained translator do and say to trump in that closed meeting? did they drug trump? did they implant something in him to control/transmit/receive or any combination???

the us constitution gives the president the power to engage in war if attacked or to put down rebellion/insurrection. Congress has the sole power to declare war. smarty pants apologists of all modern prez argue that the language "power to declare war" is simply a term of art from late 18th century international law.

BUT the congress has full power of funding. has full power over commissoning officers. and full power over making the regulations for warfare. SO the power to declare war isnt merely rhetorical.

weird question: what if congress declared war and the president didnt fight? the Constitution explicitly makes the prez the SOLE commander in chief. there's no provision for a committee of fighting.

the russians clearly have trump compromised or worst case he's an outright "manchurian candidate" and they can control him. I think in your scenario trump wouldnt fight back. at that point either the congress removes him by impeachment– assumes the republican controlled senate is also NOT russian agents– or the congress and the VPrez+cabinet remove him by the 25th amendment disability mechanism or their is military coup.

i personally dont see any officer following trumps orders to stand down and be idle because trump has a "beautiful relationship with putin/kim."

but can these to world powers ever be friends on a gov level ?

They usually are. Russia is a civilized nation; I see no reason Putin can't be allies with our president.