Short Films : Short Films

Re: Short Films

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Thanks. Going night night now.

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't! 😸

Hehehe

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Very nice!

Thanks.

PS This short film is deservedly rated 8.5 on IMDb.

This is one of the best threads ever! Thank you.

I think I need to add some more short flicks to this!

I'm glad you're enjoying them, too.

"Now I will drink to that!"

As a matter of fact, I'll say it's the best thread ever!

For a bonus point, do you know the name of the comedy western which is the source of this quote?

No. What is the answer?

I am shocked, shocked that an intelligent person like you does not know the answer to that. It was the classic 1965 film Cat Ballou!

I try to avoid Jane Fonda vehicles.

This was way back in 1965 before the cunt became "Hanoi Jane".

Doesn't matter. I can't stand her.

I do not deny her unbelievable genetics, nor her fortune to be of good breeding, nor do I deny she has a modicum of acting ability.

But her atrocities exceed any of that. Don't care.

I'll drink to that!

Ok. Enough already with the sheep.

Shall I go back to the camel?

list=PL2X2odndvaIcBmB0j3z1plYUwRbd6I9n3&index=15

Over here in America, I feel like we're headed right into this type of potential scenario.

Frightening. So much in our lives (and deaths) depends on the possibility of computer malfunction.

This is why in many circles I'm considered a Luddite. While I may post on forums, I am not really "into" so much of technology, and while I was really, really into it around 15 or so years ago, my perspective has changed as what I once viewed with wonderment, I now see as the encroachment on the loss of freedom, and things like facial recognition and cameras everywhere.

Double-edged. I like that cops have body cams, and I can appreciate a sense of security with crime, I don't like the way our data is being traded, bought and sold without any of us giving permission. It reminds me of Skynet and that conversation about taking the human out of the equation. Dangerous.

list=PL2X2odndvaIcBmB0j3z1plYUwRbd6I9n3&index=20

Thanks! The future looks bleak.

I often think it's just me, as most people willingly turn over their freedom and independence so that Big Brother can essentially collect all of your information and track everything you do, everywhere you go, what you buy, what you search, where you travel.

Plus, with the enhanced facial recognition software available, I honestly see some version of the movie Minority Report, especially when I think of how people are being tried, judged and punished based on a single occasional outburst or random thought, an expression that may not be considered politically correct enough,…

I just watched Hum. I'll leave this one until later. These short films are astounding!

I watched (and posted) three of them today. It never ceases to amaze me what can be done. Check out Box 616. It was made in an old bank vault, over 2 days with a budget of $800, yet the acting is so good, that even with the entire short taking place in a tiny confined space, you'll be holding your breath. Wait for the end!

I did!!!

lol

Yeah, I saw that right after I made this post to you.

I am still so intrigued at the batting average of DUST. I can watch these short films, nary ten minutes in length, and everything still feels so complete. I often want to see a continuation or full-length productions, but they do a great job of grabbing the audience.

Oftentimes they accomplish more in brevity than some of the 3 hour movies attempt to.

Same with good short stories. - Stephen King is the master of those. They can cover everything concisely and keep you riveted from the first word to the last.

Yes! Why didn't he think of that? Idiot.

Creepy but very sad.

Grief in any stage can bring about horrendous things.

I thought I'd revive this thread…so much time, so much time,…

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I want a Power Rangers movie with this tone!

This is my favourite Swedish short, called Music for One Apartment and Six Drummers.

This troupe then went on to make a full length movie called Sound of Noise, taking this concept to entire city levels. It's great!